The Olympics

bolt!!

how fcukin good.......asafa powell who i feel really sorry for, cos he was always better than gaitlin even without the latter's cheating, but bolt made him look like a milk float.

would have been good to see him run the full 100 and smash the record. class.

amazing run. one of the jaw droppers of all time. i wonder if he will deliberatly run within his limits so as to set a new world record ever do often & get the bonuses on offer. I know I would!

What a weekend for GB :eek: :lol:

3rd in the medal table baby !!

Amazing that we are above Russia, Germany, and OZ !!

The future looks good !!

Back in 3rd again now. Really hope we come ahead of the aussies !!

amazing run. one of the jaw droppers of all time. i wonder if he will deliberatly run within his limits so as to set a new world record ever do often & get the bonuses on offer. I know I would!

Amazing wasn't it, i couldnt believe how he almost jogged the las 10 metres :lol:

I said to her indoors, that if he'd gone all out and smashed the wr, then where would he go in the future ? If he can break it again and again, then wow :eek: He'd go down as one of the all time greats (who is hopefuly clean) !!!

Just watched Elenea Isinbaeva take gold in the high jump. Amazing stuff. Another world record... looked to me like she had inches to spare. 8)

I haven't been rooting for the Russians much in these Olympics but got to say that this one put a smile on my face. She's an amazing athlete and, by most accounts, a really good person.

Glad the athletics are underway... time for the US to get some more gold :twisted:

Our boys are going to need the full fleet of Hercules from Iraq to get this medal haul back to blighty. Amazing scenes.

Just like the good old days of the Empire..... :)

+1 in sailing
+1 in Mens triple jump
+2 in Kayak

Another gold in the sailing, well done Paul Goodison 8)

Hopefully some more in the cycling and the 400m for Christine Ohuuogu (?) !!

Still can't believe were ahead of the likes of Australia and Russia in the table (at the moment) 8)

isn't is 'strange' that since the drugs testing has got so good, the USA aren't dominating the athletics like they used to.

it does make one proud to be British to see that we excel at any sport that black people can't do.

it does make one proud to be British to see that we excel at any sport that black people can't do.
There is no sport we can't do. Just ones that are so boring we leave them for you in order let you feel good about yourselves every once in a while ;)

There is no sport we can't do. Just ones that are so boring we leave them for you in order let you feel good about yourselves every once in a while ;)

I only saw one black guy in the pool and he was one of yours.

was having this conversation with a mate of mine, why some certain groups of people are better at some sports than other.

eg. Caribbean/West African make better sprinters
East Africans better distance runners
Russian/Central Asians better at the throwing events
Chinese/Koreans better at feel sports like archery.
Americans at doping. ;)

and the brits better at sailing.

and we're currently leading the madison.............if anyone can understand whats happening!!!

and isnt it that black people have more bone density hence good sprinters but crap swimmers?? or is that one of those urban myths??

Back