The Olympics

djchewie

Just watching the Brazil vs Germany Womens footy, the Brazilians have fielded 11 female Ronaldinho clones.

Just watching the Brazil vs Germany Womens footy, the Brazilians have fielded 11 female Ronaldinho clones.

on a slightly unrelated note, did you see those yanks turning up at Beijing with oxygen masks on?

2 things came to mind..

1/ is it THAT bad?
2/ either they are being "ironic" or its a huge case of double standards?

on a slightly unrelated note, did you see those yanks turning up at Beijing with oxygen masks on?

2 things came to mind..

1/ is it THAT bad?
2/ either they are being "ironic" or its a huge case of double standards?

probably a bit worse than any modern city. its the fact that you can see it which makes it look worse than what it probably is.

the other irony is that the western desire for "cheap" good are in part to blame. plus the fact that most of the west's "recycled" rubbish ends up 10,000miles away too.

The western world has been dumping out emissions for over 100years and its taken the 15-20 to wake up to the fact. You also want China to "Open Up", which it is doing, but at a pace thats right for China. The mere fact that China is now fast approaching economic Superpower status, is something which the western governments feel very insecure with.

and dont get me started on Human Rights.

You could see clear blue skys this morning, they must have shut down every single factory
:lol:

thats the freaky thing. one day it can be clear. the next smoggy as you like.

I cant remember the last time ive been in Hong Kong on a "clear" day.

Anyway. we still out live you lot :lol:

Got the tv on in the office. That's one beautiful ceremony.

Didn't expect anything less, to be honest!

Got the tv on in the office. That's one beautiful ceremony.

Didn't expect anything less, to be honest!

I cant wait for london's. i wonder if it will end up being a PC friendly version in case it upsets someone. plus with all the bitching and moaning about the costs (as well as the anti-terror laws), we might be lucky if we get one firework.:lol:

Frankie Boyle summed it up on Mock the Week

Who watches the Olympics?

the gymnastics is bascially peadophilia for cowards
if you locked up all the males who watch the gymnastics - the uk would be a safer place

I'm watching the opening ceremony right now....it's cool!!! But on this parade of nations, I haven't heard of a lot of these countries (and yes, I am good with geography, I just didn't realize how obscure some places were!)

Back