The Olympics

I'm with John on this one. He doesn't know when to button it, some of his comments in the past have been horrendous, I don't think there is a town in England he hasn't pissed off. :rolleyes:

blimey, he's written a few articles that upset a town or ten. you'd think he invaded a country or something!

Well done team GB, great performance. 8)

Now would you swap all those gold medals for the footy Euro's championship? ;)
Id say over 50% of the population would. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well done team GB, great performance. 8)

Now would you swap all those gold medals for the footy Euro's championship?
Id say over 50% of the population would. Maybe I'm wrong.

err nope.

these guys train sweat and blood and tears for 4 years to win a medal.

really does put the modern english footballer to shame.

the medal haul looks impressive on paper but we won a grand total of 4 medals on the track - and miles behind well funded, well resourced squads like, er, Kenya, Jamaica and Ethiopia...

if any of those UK athletes now beg the Sports Council for more money I will throw up...

the most arrogant was Martin Rooney - showboating in the heats, exposed as an also-ran in the final...

as for the handover - embarrassing - whose idea to have a declining footballer, ancient guitarist and lightweight karaoke singer as our representatives in front of 1.3bn people? :eek:

the medal haul looks impressive on paper but we won a grand total of 4 medals on the track - and miles behind well funded, well resourced squads like, er, Kenya, Jamaica and Ethiopia...

if any of those UK athletes now beg the Sports Council for more money I will throw up...

the most arrogant was Martin Rooney - showboating in the heats, exposed as an also-ran in the final...

as for the handover - embarrassing - whose idea to have a declining footballer, ancient guitarist and lightweight karaoke singer as our representatives in front of 1.3bn people? :eek:

that reminds me. i best crack on with my funeral arrangements.

London, its all about Lollipop ladies, cycle couriers, zebra crossings, bus queues and umbrellas - wow, what a city!

err nope.

these guys train sweat and blood and tears for 4 years to win a medal.

really does put the modern english footballer to shame.

Not talking about the merits of the individual athletes, course they deserve it more than the footy players. But the fact is if england won the euro's the pubs would be full there'd be (proper) parties in the streets and there'd be a far better atmosphere all round.

If it werent for London 2012, half the gold medalist will be forgotten in 3 months, yet the 11 players who win a major trophy for England will be remembered for ever (nearly).

it's of fact of life Chewie, Footy rules in this country and in most others. Other than the boxing, the other sports that done well are seen as elitist and middle class arent they?

OK put it this way, would you give up those medals for spurs winning the premiership? ;)

the other sports that done well are seen as elitist and middle class arent they?

OK put it this way, would you give up those medals for spurs winning the premiership? ;)

theres nothing stopping people from joining rowing clubs, cycling clubs or any clubs!

takes a bit of effort to find one, and get to one! face it, youre never gonna gave a rowing club set up in Hackney - you'll spend half your time dodging shopping trollys!

If youre a kid and you want something that bad, you will go and get it. cant have everything landed on your plate.

you get back what you put in.

if class is an issue, whats so working class about driving around in an Aston Martin. footballers at the upper end of the scale have it so easy. especially now with the money flying around, with even the most mediocre players earning silly money.

rewind back before the Prem. youve got ex-players like Neil Webb working as Postmen to make ends meet, and he played for Man Utd & England!

would i give up medals for winning the Prem? Only if we pull our finger out and start playing as a team. bye bye berba. go sulk in Manchester.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back