The Olympics

watched "TEAM USA" getting spanked in the gym this morning by China & Nippon!! :lol:
What? Most people didn't even give us a chance at bronze with our top 2 gymnasts missing due to injury! Article I read called it a "miracle"!

What? Most people didn't even give us a chance at bronze with our top 2 gymnasts missing due to injury! Article I read called it a "miracle"!

joking aside it was great to watch, your boy on the bar pulled off a routine that was nothing short of superhuman....and I was thinking how do you follow it and then up steps the little chinese guy and it was like "WOW" thats how you follow it!!!

The badmington mixed doubles game was quite remarkable, for anyone not able to see live, well worth watching a replay.

Well done! 4 medals now (was 3 when I checked this morning).
You've now pulled one medal ahead of Azerbaijan! :lol: ;)

its gold that counts.

wait till the weekend for a torrent of medals with the Rowing Finals.

plus, our track cyclists havent been on yet ;)

its gold that counts.

wait till the weekend for a torrent of medals with the Rowing Finals.

plus, our track cyclists havent been on yet ;)

still some swimmers that are hopefuls, eventing is still in with a shout, boxing (romany gypsy fella) also, and Tom Daley is still to do his individual. the cyclist should do well though, fingers crossed.

insiders tip: worth putting a punt on the womens 4 x 200m (swimming) to get a medal, not gold ! And also Becky addlington for a medal in the 800m,Cassie Patten and Dave davis (10km) in the swimming too ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
rumours of plastic fans and touched up fireworks. this games is starting to sound like a champions league game at old trafford.

Sorry the medals table is laughable..
Swimming has about 1,000,000 medals, as does indoor track cycling, as does judo etc
While a sport like basketball or tennis which has a much greater following world wide has only one or two.
They should weight each medal according to the popularity of the sport.

(Thats my excuse as to why Spain do badly in olimpics anyway ;) )

michael-phelps_788329c.jpg

The most successful Olympian ever with 11 golds :eek:

This games, 5 golds (so far) and 5 world records !! :eek:

All at the tender age of 23, amazing !!!!

Liam - that video just makes me sad! Poor girl! :cry:

Laguna - I hope it is bugged!

Georgia beat Russia in beach volleyball today. Good for them! Even if their team is made up of Brazilians :lol:

27 medals for the old US of A at present. Rock on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam - that video just makes me sad! Poor girl! :cry:

Laguna - I hope it is bugged!

Georgia beat Russia in beach volleyball today. Good for them! Even if their team is made up of Brazilians :lol:

27 medals for the old US of A at present. Rock on!

I know i shouldnt laugh, but i did :lol:

28 medals now !! We're on 7, for a country 52 times the size of ours, it isn't great :rolleyes::lol:

Back