The Olympics

:eek: the 4 x 100m relay Absolutely amazing :eek: 4 seconds under the wr, 4 countries under the wr, France were on sourse for a gold till the good ol' USA won it in the last 7 metres. Amazing. And Phelps still on course for his aim of 8 golds !!

And well done to Rebecca Adlington on her gold and Jo Jackson on her bronze !!

Shame for Tom Daley, but still a great experience for him, esp at 14:eek: But he's still got the individual event, so fingers crossed.8)

What a great start to the olympics for GB. A bit envious i'm not there, seems strange to be watcjing it on the tv instead of in person :confused:

im taking 2 weeks off to the 2012 games.

good performance by all the GB competitors so far. it's amazing what decent funding can!

:eek: the 4 x 100m relay Absolutely amazing :eek: 4 seconds under the wr, 4 countries under the wr, France were on sourse for a gold till the good ol' USA won it in the last 7 metres. Amazing. And Phelps still on course for his aim of 8 golds !!

And well done to Rebecca Adlington on her gold and Jo Jackson on her bronze !!

Shame for Tom Daley, but still a great experience for him, esp at 14:eek: But he's still got the individual event, so fingers crossed.8)

What a great start to the olympics for GB. A bit envious i'm not there, seems strange to be watcjing it on the tv instead of in person :confused:

and is it just me........but do the GB athletes look a lot happier on the podiums than any of the others??

and is it just me........but do the GB athletes look a lot happier on the podiums than any of the others??

Your right. I think its due to the fact that they arent expected to do anything. Some of the others are multiple winners and are used to it in a sense.

Plus they're thinking about their new found wealth 8)

touche, what a great race, thought she had lost it on that last bend though!!

what about the spurs yesterday then chew?? :)

i thought she funked it right up going down that final bend.

5-0 at home. wont get too carried away, we've had good pre-seasons the last few years, just missing one more striker.

if fergie wants the bulgarian, he's gonna have to fork out for him (esp given their lack of firepower at the moment).

_44910880_bush66.jpg
:lol:

Laugh it up, fuzzball!

12 medals and we're just getting warmed up! 8)

Leader of the free world eh?

Anyway Johnny for a country of what??....over 300 million one would expect you to get a few more golds than us. I would wager though that on a medals per head basis we are more successful than you!!!

Anyway Johnny for a country of what??....over 300 million one would expect you to get a few more golds than us. I would wager though that on a medals per head basis we are more successful than you!!!
I doubt it!

It was either '96 or 2000, but seems like I remember a year when Kazakhstan (pop.: 15m) took home more medals than the UK :lol: Sincerely hope you do better this time. ;)

I doubt it!

It was either '96 or 2000, but seems like I remember a year when Kazakhstan (pop.: 15m) took home more medals than the UK :lol: Sincerely hope you do better this time. ;)

We will. Better funding now due mainly to the lottery, not the government :rolleyes:, crazy really.

And we'll do even better in 4 years 8)

side note:

ive played one Fanling Golf Course where theyre holding the Horsey X Country. Plus its literally 3miles from where i was born.

can i have a medal?

The badminton pair (Emms/ Robertson) are doing v well considering the guy has not played a competitive match in four months!

Back