The Footy....(2012-2013 season)

how can he get a red card if the ref or linesman didn't see the incident. He will/ should get a ban. he's got previous too, got a 7 match ban for doing the same in the dutch league.

suarez2.png

just a comment... man. u are dominating the premiership just like real madrid usually dominate the spanish liga.

wow... already won.

In Zurich at the moment. I went to the game in Basel last night. Good win by Chelsea despite the dodgy penalty given to Basel.
Good atmosphere at the stadium. Quite enjoyed the whole thing.
I've already booked a hotel for the final in Amsterdam :) Holding off on booking flights until next week though...

True

But looking forward to Bayern v Dortmund final, it was a standard match up on the amiga for me and my brother playing Swos back in the day, so will be good to watch it at that level.

Also loving the fact that Dundee United are getting mentioned in all today's press reports of last nights game as being the last club to beat Barcelona home and away in a European tie 8) :lol: (nothing like living in the past)

Also, on a related football tip, I can't wait for this to come out...

[video=youtube;mEdhmXGCIlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEdhmXGCIlY[/video]

we still have that 100% competitive record to hold on to! :lol:

(helped of course by the unlikliness of United and Barca ever being matched up in European football again)

Thanks for sharing that. I see Sid Lowe is heavily involved with Oviedo, he always mentions them on twitter..

Yeah, he studied there in the 90s when he was at University there and has been a fan ever since. I posted a bit about it at the time they were selling shares to see if anyone on here was interested. To be honest, I spotted it by pure chance. Spotlighter-non-grata Olly mentioned me in a tweet en route to Scotland - i wasn't even aware I had a twitter account - and I logged in to check what it was, and that was when I spotted the tweets about #sosrealoviedo.

I read a bit about it, and they were basically offering free entry for life to any international shareholders that came to their aid. Despite being totally broke, I bought a share, more as a laugh than anything else. But then I started to fret for them, and was worried about them meeting their target, so I stuck another 3 shares on my credit card so I could take my seat at the AGM :)lol: likeliehood of this ever happening is pretty remote!). I've got a few friends involved too so a trip to the Asturias is likely to happen at some point, hopefully they get promoted in the summer playoffs.

Heres a Villa fans account of a recent trip over to a massive shareholders day they held recently - http://www.myoldmansaid.com/road-oviedo-aston-villa-supporter-shareholders-fans-visit/

True

But looking forward to Bayern v Dortmund final, it was a standard match up on the amiga for me and my brother playing Swos back in the day, so will be good to watch it at that level.

Also loving the fact that Dundee United are getting mentioned in all today's press reports of last nights game as being the last club to beat Barcelona home and away in a European tie 8) :lol: (nothing like living in the past)

Also, on a related football tip, I can't wait for this to come out...

[video=youtube;mEdhmXGCIlY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEdhmXGCIlY[/video]

I knew about this from reading the spanish news, real madrid helped them out of their troubles.

Villareal was also not doing so well but they sort of managed to come back on their own, even though they are still relegated. (side comment)

I saw villareal vs rayo vallecano two seasons ago...the last time villreal was in la liga, Michu was playing!... now rayo vallecano are even a BETTER story and would make not just a documentary but a movie!!! IMO. Anywas, I think real oviedo are a great source of good players. Michu, Cazorla, Mata, Adrian (from atletico de madrid) all started there... and are the type of players that are amazing but are not really loyal to any other club other than their local club. Which is why Real oviedo means so much... unfortunately the story of real oviedo has happened over and over in spain... Sevillas owner has been linked to corruption, etc etc...

The best story is still Rayo Vallecano in my opinion. I am sorry for making this thread go in a tangent.. as it is mainly a premiership thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back