The Footy....(2012-2013 season)

djjaycool

I like the transfers Arsenal made Poldolski and Giroud. If we keep Van Persie? I like the Gunners chances this season.

Here is to hoping Bristol City actually remain up in the Championship another season, and do much better. We were diabolical last season.

As a Wednesday fan it'll be interesting to see how we do in the Championship. Mid table would suit me fine as we continue to build. A few good siginings this summer should do us nicely.

Seems to be several Championship club supporting fans on here.

I think were a striker and a right back from topping this league. At least Ollie will be staying with us for another season...

Be interesting to see how Liverpool get on this coming season under Rodgers. He has Swansea playing some brilliant stuff last season. If we can keep hold of Suarez, Pepe and Skrtel and get an attacking midfielder who isnt dog **** like Downing and another decent striker can see us giving top for a better challange this time around.

Don't worry as long as you do well in your first sixteen games this season, this year will be your year....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As a football fan going into a new season does everyone not hope / wish that this will be their teams year?!

I think Liverpool need a proven attacking midfielder and another striker.
Defensively solid as usual last season just very poor in front of goal.
I think the constant changing of the team was a big issue.

I'd like to see Cole & Aquilani given a chance after both having good seasons on loan.
Really looking forward to Lucas coming back too.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a football fan going into a new season does everyone not hope / wish that this will be their teams year?!

I think Liverpool need a proven attacking midfielder and another striker.
Defensively solid as usual last season just very poor in front of goal.
I think the constant changing of the team was a big issue.

I'd like to see Cole & Aquilani given a chance after both having good seasons on loan.
Really looking forward to Lucas coming back too.

It was more in reference to a conversation on this thread before the start of last season.

Oops, just realised this is a new one for the forthcoming season....

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting Wilshire back & to full fitness is key. Reports suggesting he won't be ready for the start of the season.

Wouldn't be surprised at all the whole injury saga has been badly managed, i agree he is an exciting prospect but he should be given the time and patience and not be put under too much pressure, the ox is gonna be a big big player for us in the future but i have had more than enough of walcott and gervinho.Walcott has one good game and then 5 or 6 below average and as far as i'm concerned has not really developed enough in the 6 years he has been a t arsenal.

Wouldn't be surprised at all the whole injury saga has been badly managed, i agree he is an exciting prospect but he should be given the time and patience and not be put under too much pressure, the ox is gonna be a big big player for us in the future but i have had more than enough of walcott and gervinho.Walcott has one good game and then 5 or 6 below average and as far as i'm concerned has not really developed enough in the 6 years he has been a t arsenal.

Walcott needs to be played central, has the pace and is a decent finisher. Can't put in a decent cross to save his life.

Will be interesting to see who goes where in the transfers, and if AVB goes to Spurs.

I'd be happy with some kind of European place in Rodgers' first season, and couple of wins against the usual suspects along the way would be nice.

Sunderland could be the next Newcastle ("unexpected" top four) for at least part of the season if Martin O'Neil gets them playing well.

Looking forward to another year of Balotelli too.

:)

You can't get a much better start to a season than having City, Arsenal & United as your first 3 games at Anfield. Can't wait to get back there! :D

Here is to hoping Bristol City actually remain up in the Championship another season, and do much better. We were diabolical last season.

A fellow Red :) Here's hoping we finish higher up the table than last season. Some shrewd moves in the transfer market would help....

Back