The Footy....(2012-2013 season)

A fellow Red :) Here's hoping we finish higher up the table than last season. Some shrewd moves in the transfer market would help....

Born and red, my friend ;)
Not been to a game for a few seasons now though :(
We've done poorly the last few seasons, could do with a good one. Finish in the top 8 would do me this season. :)

As a Bristol City fan im hoping for mid-table obscurity. Cut some of the dead wood from the squad, re-build the backroom staff and youth system. Secure championship status.

General observations, Wenger has made the signing of podolski and giroud to show RVP he can still attract the talent to support him, but in the back of his mind he knows there is a huge chance he'll go to Man City for £200k a week and trophies. Plus still understrength at the back, Per is awful.

Liverpool, im not convinced they can make top 4 (which must be their target). Gerrard to Carroll looked ok in flashes at the euro's, but they need guaranteed goals which they do not currently have. Maybe Rodgers can get them playing like Swansea, but once again there season could come down to the fittness of Stevie G.

With a couple of quality additions Man City could be untouchable. I think Chelsea may sneek second above Man Utd. Torres/Mata to come good. Lukaku is the new drog.

AVB will have his work cut out getting top 4, especially if they cash in on Modric. He'll need to spend his budget wisely, or he'll be signing on again.

I hope it is as tight as last season.

Am i in the minority that didnt think swansea played effective football, most of the passes were between there back 4 and on most of the occasions i watched them i was bored after 10 Minutes. Im sure Rodgers will be a great manager for the pool ( better than AVB at spurs) but you wouldnt want him to get your team to play like Swansea surley you want him to get your team playing like Liverpool.

I also think Swansea were found out a little at the back end of last season, im all for pretty football but honest passing it between your back 4 and goal keeper for 70% of the match does not make them Barcelona.

Good luck to Brendan - Dont mind Liverpool as a team.

QPR v Chelsea is the day of the Spotlight Boat Party, so I'll be in town.
Beers before/after the match, Dave?

Am i in the minority that didnt think swansea played effective football, most of the passes were between there back 4 and on most of the occasions i watched them i was bored after 10 Minutes. Im sure Rodgers will be a great manager for the pool ( better than AVB at spurs) but you wouldnt want him to get your team to play like Swansea surley you want him to get your team playing like Liverpool.

I also think Swansea were found out a little at the back end of last season, im all for pretty football but honest passing it between your back 4 and goal keeper for 70% of the match does not make them Barcelona.

Good luck to Brendan - Dont mind Liverpool as a team.

That is a very harsh evaluation. They stayed in the Prem on the first attempt you can't knock them for that.

As a Liverpool fan I am remaining quietly confident but I think all Liverpool fans are secretly admitting that we don't have a clue how this coming season will pan out.

I actually have a lot more faith in the current squad than most. It's a much better squad than the one Roy Hodgson inherited and added to poorly. A better squad than people give it credit for. But much of the gap between us and the Top 4/5 sides is a psychological one - about belief and ruthlessness at key times. And Kenny made some horrific errors last year.

From what I've seen, Rogers looks like the kind of guy that won't take any **** from his players, while at the same time handling the press a lot better than Kenny.

We could get off to a flyer but I'm fully preparing myself for the fact that things may be tough going at first and it may take Rogers up to 2 seasons to get us playing the way he wants. Will be interesting, no doubt.

I admire your optimism sir but i think van persie will end up at juventus and we are in for another mediocre season i'm afraid.
Fingers crossed he stays, we are in the CL which should help.

Getting Wilshire back & to full fitness is key. Reports suggesting he won't be ready for the start of the season.
He should be brought along slowly until he is at full fitness. The signing of Giroud should keep him from being rushed back.

Wouldn't be surprised at all the whole injury saga has been badly managed, i agree he is an exciting prospect but he should be given the time and patience and not be put under too much pressure, the ox is gonna be a big big player for us in the future but i have had more than enough of walcott and gervinho.Walcott has one good game and then 5 or 6 below average and as far as i'm concerned has not really developed enough in the 6 years he has been a t arsenal.
I think Walcott is coming along ok and his crosses have improved and along with his scoring. I think he would benefit from playing more in the center.

Aw4PD3PCMAI2wKh.jpg

meanwhile up in Scotland

Newco Rangers apply to rejoin the SPL
8 clubs state before the 4th July vote - they will vote no - enough to make it a definite No
Everyone stating sporting integrity over and over again
Today vote.....highly likely to be postponed

couldn't make it up

So does this mean Arsenal's end of season party starts before the season begins

????

Last edited by a moderator:
Back