The Footy....(2012-2013 season)

Real will not pay the money Spurs are asking for him, around £50M. Certainly not while Ronaldo is round.

As for Mourinho, i partly agree with you. He's use to going into teams that have won little or nothing recently and inspiring them through the "everyone's against us" attitude.. But at Real he's come across world champions, european champions and Champions league winners who do not believe that bull****

It basically all stems from when Casillas called Xavi to sort out all the classico problems. Mourinho hated that and has never forgiven him since.
I agree 100 percent. Chep is a little excited about Real, I am a fan of the club and have been since I lived in Andalucia. Real needs a holding midfielder or a back before the should go out and sign another striker. That is my thinking but feel free to sling arrows.

What new model is this? As far as I can see they are producing very little homegrown players, spending millions on players and look to get rid of managers very quickly. What's different to the 'old Real'? Do they still have the option of being bailed out by the Royal Family as well :rolleyes:

signing pure stars... it used to be ..as you know... about 10 - 15 years ago they used to give chance to more homegrown players.

Now it is all internationals stars. I like the era of galacticos , the big stars. However , that has created problems.... some players are so mature and have won a lot of things that they can act as coaches and create little pockets of followers and when you get a coach from such big stature it creates friction.

the royal part is just them having royal ascent... as in being recognized by the king and queen as being a royal club.
I remembering now.. when they won the 7th cup the nucleus of the team was completely different and ever since then the team has gone through complete radical structuring.... more star players have been signed and madrid have started to influence more the international player market. Even if they might not adquire the services of the player so that their enemy (teams) cannot afford the price of amazing players (such as gareth bale) .

Mashenlovingit

These days the club only has casillas, callejon, sergio ramos , diego lopez that have come through the ranks.. forget about diego who has been signed just to replace casilla.

at the lower level - castilla.. they are banking on morata and jesse rodriguez predominantly.

but real madrid have put out their fair share of good playes through castilla (the lower feeder team) .. even Eto'o passed through castilla and then was sent to mallorca..eventually ending at barca.

now my point is that they used to give chance to more spaniards and now their new policy is all about signing big stars. So the link to this thread is that given their new "model" I would not be surprised if they go after gareth bale... even with cristiano there. I mean you know the budget they have for their new team.. is huge.

[video=youtube;Ea9DeVodWPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=Ea9DeVodWPw[/video]

I don't really watch much soccer ball but I did hear on the radio this morning that they showed Ireland's highlights last night that lasted only 5 seconds and 3 of those were the players getting back on the team bus LoL

Last edited:
Back