Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

That review. Don't think I could've partied that well in my twenties even! Well done sir.....yep, bet those dreams have been proper freaky!!
aye...i'am not joking like...i've even tried Orb fluffy clouds to make me sleep....this has been like a week mate

Luckily I have in laws that will take our kids for a few days a year and we still get out....but both the body and brain aren't as young as they used to be!

I find Valium helps post rave sleeping if you can get hold of it. If not, Nytol and Night Nurse both help. Good luck!

Luckily I have in laws that will take our kids for a few days a year and we still get out....but both the body and brain aren't as young as they used to be!

I find Valium helps post rave sleeping if you can get hold of it. If not, Nytol and Night Nurse both help. Good luck!
I got picked up at gatwick with nytol!

Back to these Aussie burds,was staying at el hotel enough to entice them back or was it your chat and good looks..?;)

Imagine traveling back to UAE after ibiza:) my friends brother was visiting him and when he unpacked in Dubai he had a bottle of poppers in his shower bag..:lol:
last year when going home i left Space at about 8am, staying white place at playa so direct to airport...they lost my luggage in Zurich with my shorts from Space...Arrrrr and then lost them....so when i fronted in Abu Dhabi no luggage...i had 2 days at home room locked and looking and exit over balcony for a sharp exit if police fronted...

Great to fill in the gaps freakstar - you definitely surpassed yourself, and why not - there'll come a time when you can't be arsed ... and will look back and wish you had whilst you could !

Now Space is gone, Amnesia is definitely King of the Clubs (and Cocoon still the 'night' party which has a strong enough 'pull' to get even me across the threshold all night with a decent line-up!) - but nice to hear Privi is getting its act together, so much potential there.

Black Coffee started off so well in Ibiza, heard him in the garden at DC-10 before all this residency thing kicked off and he was great. Also heard him start the Radio 1 closing thrash and was going so well .... until the pointless (and endless) female vocals started getting churned out and the set all just went to pot for me. Just smacked of Hi Ibiza grandstanding to VIPs. Sasha went through a phase of doing the same, those edits need to be used very sparingly or the whole thing starts feeling like a sing-a-long !!

I definitely agree with you feeling refreshed and hopeful again about Ibiza, something has changed this year and it's for the good (or maybe just picking the right parties, but you saw far more than me and think it's more widespread than I figured - which is a good thing).

last year when going home i left Space at about 8am, staying white place at playa so direct to airport...they lost my luggage in Zurich with my shorts from Space...Arrrrr and then lost them....so when i fronted in Abu Dhabi no luggage...i had 2 days at home room locked and looking and exit over balcony for a sharp exit if police fronted...

What an absolute nightmare :lol:

Great to fill in the gaps freakstar - you definitely surpassed yourself, and why not - there'll come a time when you can't be arsed ... and will look back and wish you had whilst you could !

Now Space is gone, Amnesia is definitely King of the Clubs (and Cocoon still the 'night' party which has a strong enough 'pull' to get even me across the threshold all night with a decent line-up!) - but nice to hear Privi is getting its act together, so much potential there.

Black Coffee started off so well in Ibiza, heard him in the garden at DC-10 before all this residency thing kicked off and he was great. Also heard him start the Radio 1 closing thrash and was going so well .... until the pointless (and endless) female vocals started getting churned out and the set all just went to pot for me. Just smacked of Hi Ibiza grandstanding to VIPs. Sasha went through a phase of doing the same, those edits need to be used very sparingly or the whole thing starts feeling like a sing-a-long !!

I definitely agree with you feeling refreshed and hopeful again about Ibiza, something has changed this year and it's for the good (or maybe just picking the right parties, but you saw far more than me and think it's more widespread than I figured - which is a good thing).

What an absolute nightmare :lol:
yep, i think we're at about the same level in terms of abuse and life etc. the difference at the moment is that i have once or twice a year (given where i stay) that i can let myself go..and i do. But i've turned really to come for the music (and to be frank its been laking in maybe the past 3 years - maybe im getting old) so i'll front for the closings in October and see. My bro is getting married in Feb in Barca so i might take a wee trip over to Ibiza again when i am around.

Dates you were there: 27th July – 3rd August

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Es Figurel / Hotel Club Can Bossa

Club nights visited: In the Dark (Hi) – Capriati and Apollonia Take over, Music on (Amnesia), Abode (Sankeys)

Best night: Difficult choice between Music On and Abode at Sankeys. Paco Osuna played a great set in the Main room at Amnesia. I always have a good time in Music On!!

On the Sunday we had the stag do on Bora and then met up with all the women in the night at Sankeys for Abode. Bora was great with about 20 plus on the beach which got messy and then Abode, finished off a great day / night. I think Abode is doing a fine job of filling in the Sunday slot instead of Viva Warriors. Yousef was great but I thought Jimmy Switch played the set of the night.

My friend’s wedding was special to from a non-clubbing perspective J

Worst night: In the Dark at Hi. I’m a massive Space fan and I have been dreading going back out to Ibiza with Space not being there. It’s just doesn’t feel right. In the Dark was our first night and all my friends wanted to see Capriati and Apollonia. I’m not one for putting the spoilers on my friends and wife’s night, so I went along with the condition that no one asks me to have a photo in front of that stupid Hastag #HiiBIZA sign outside the club. I enjoyed the music, Apollonia were really good, I couldn’t fault their set. As soon as I went inside the club was everything I thought it would be i.e. VIP heaven and a Vegas style night club. The Theatre (Discoteca) has been destroyed and I can’t believe how poor the system is in the room. You could have a full conversation in the room (I hate it)!! This is one of the reasons I didn’t see much of Capriati’s set. The Club Room (Terrace) room is not as good as the old Space Terrace, nowhere near but it’s the best room in the club at the moment. I think, if this room was in a different club I’d like it a lot more. The sound system in this room was much better than the theatre. The Garden does my head in. Nothing special at all just some nice Astroturf and a few tents / Tepee.

TBH - They have ruined the Club. don’t understand why they didn’t just build a new club at a new location at least then you wouldn’t have the comparison with Space. People will always compare and Hi in its current state will never compare to Space. The only time I would go again to Hi is if my wife or friends wanted to go to a certain night. I would just go for a night with everyone.

Best bar: Not so much of a bar as we didn’t do a lot of bars but Bora Bora was the best, if you can class it as a bar.

Best place to eat: Cas Mila – Cala Tarida

Money spent: Not sure but the trip wasn’t cheap but worth every penny.

Biggest regret: Not attending DC10 on Monday. Only myself and my wife were up for it out of the people staying in the North. We decided not to go in the end due to the cost of the taxis between us. Will make up for it in a few weeks’ time.

Going back: Going back on the 28th August for 5 Days. Maybe the last time of this year. 3 Visits is not to bad but not attending the closings maybe a struggle.

Top tip: If you get a chance during your visit always try and see the Sunrise on Bora. It’s always a special occasion and you are guaranteed to meet the craziest of characters.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): El Pacha Hotel (5 nights) and Nautico Ebesco (one night - dont ask). El Pacha is fine...great during the day to crash as no noise. Free entry to pacha which meant i went more than i would usually do. I turned up at 6 am on way back from Hyte and entry no problem. Good value actually if you have 3 to the room. Breakfast is good although i must looked a bit sheepish the days i went directly after club (they do give you bucks fizz in the morning)

Club nights visited:

Sat: After a long flight from Dubai, stopping off to Edinburgh for an all night out...i lost track of days and turned up at Naussa a day early...what a twat! So here i was in PDB and ended up going to Black Coffee @ Hi, so dissapointed with Hi, wont go again in a hurry. Then went onto Pure Pacha, surprisingly good evening really enjoyed. Funny drinks were more expensive today than Sunday when it was busier.

Sunday: Clockwork Orange Beach party - enough said. probably my best daytime experience since Space Manumussion afters...wasnt really caring much about the music, the vibe was unreal. older people generally and a wonderful experience.

After went to Solomun....again, really liked it but very busy (I am sure people were looking at me as i was in a bit of a state). Nice burds. Music was spot for my mood. Picked up a few Austrailain burds for a wee party back at hotel.

Monday: invited to go to DC10 but decided i cant do all dayers and night in a row these days so just went to COCOON. Amazing as always, Amnesia is on another level as we know. Troxler was fun and after i had a bit of a black out.

Tuesday: Resistance. Privelage really has upped its game. The production is great. I enjoyed being in Vista with Saunderson sitting on the ledge at the side when it was getting bright - not too many people in there unfortunately (main room busy enough)...I think this night has the potential to be huge in the years to come.

Wed: Game Over - never been to Benimmusa Park (as dressing up as a twat doesnt work for me) but i have to say, loved the venue. Can imagine it will be superb when busy etc. Evening I went to Hyte...I always have liked loco dice...Black Coffee just doesnt work for me, i dont like the endless pointless vocals.. will need to try again. Shwarz in main room made my night. This is when i stopped off at pacha at 6 on way home...how i was comprehensible god knows.

Thurs: Back to Privelage for Afterlife. Loved it...perfect tempo music for me to cope after previous days. Some stuff played was not my cup of tea but lots of new stuff that is still going through my heid now. Left at 7, flight at 11 and a day in Rome before a flight back home to Abu Dhabi...I've still got a bit of stamina at my age i congratualted myself after another successfull trip..Normally, i come home and say this was my last time...no, after this trip, i am totaly rejuvianted and i cant wait for my return...Ibiza constantly changes. The closing of Space for me has been positive in a sense that there are lots of other places to go.

Best night: Clockwork Orange Beach Party - unsurpassed - I'll book my trip for this. After that, Cocoon - cant beat it...you know what to expect and it always delivers.

Worst night: Black Coffee @ Hi. Dont like the venue (too bright), dont like the clientele and sound was shit.

Best bar: Underground - I know technically a club but nipped in before Cocoon and had a great wee time

Best place to eat: Didnt properly eat till the Moday. Had a few nice tapas down Ibiza Town but actually had dinner one night in El Pacha Hotel - top quality it was. 85 Euro for one with a bottle of red. Pork cheeks were amazing. shame it wasnt busier as waiters/ress and chef are amazing. Highly recommened. In fact there is one night you can go there and if you have al a carte (and spend what i did) you get entry to Pacha - cant remember the day though.

Money spent: Very low in comparison, say 1K euro cash while here.

Biggest regret: Not going to DC10 when i thought if i did i wouldnt make Cocoon, clearly i could have

Going back?: Yes, last week Sept, first week Oct (my usual timings, this was a bonus)

Top tip: Dry clean or ditch your clothes before coming back through a middle east airport

What a brilliant review. Sounds like you had a blinder. I'm out there on the 28th for 5 nights and probably only doing Sasha and Digweed at Privilege. I've seen loads of pictures and people saying the Music is class. Is it busy enough, decent atmosphere??

Yes I agree. I tried to go with no inhabisions from the space era but ultimately I just think it's rubbish. From what I saw they really aren't doing the numbers and I'm not surprised. I'd like it to be successful but I can't really see myself going back.

The majority of people I have spoke to who have been to Hi haven't been that impressed. I'm surprised they haven't done a better job with the club TBH. I'd be interested to see what the management make of the sound system especially in the Theatre because I haven't heard one good comment on it, just comments on how poor it is. Wonder if they will change it for next season?

The majority of people I have spoke to who have been to Hi haven't been that impressed. I'm surprised they haven't done a better job with the club TBH. I'd be interested to see what the management make of the sound system especially in the Theatre because I haven't heard one good comment on it, just comments on how poor it is. Wonder if they will change it for next season?

I´ve not spoken to them (and they wouldn´t make any statements right now anyway I think), but I am dead certain they got lots of feedback left right and centre, both good and bad. and yeah, I am sure they will do further work on the venue after this season and it will be improved for 2018. keep in mind they only had 5 months to get the whole refurb done and I think they literally had no time to properly test out the sound system with enough people inside the venue before they actually opened. up until the day before the opening they had machines in there and workmen.

there was always the question whether it was better to try and get it done in time for this season (and then possibly have to improve stuff afterwards) or just stay closed for a full summer and then really present a fantastic new thing in 2018. I understand it would have meant a lot of money not made and also losing out on getting promoters aboard, but on the other hand I personally think it might have been the better move...give everyone a year to actually ´forget´old space and have a club ready for 2018 which really blows everyone away (let´s be honest - the wow effect just isn´t as big as they thought it would be). I am not 100% certain, but I think that would also have given enough time to change all the licensing so they could have changed it into a one-dancefloor venue which is what they would have preferred anyway (yann clearly said this in the IMS chat he gave). but as pointed out, staying closed for a full summer would have been a very bold decision and I do have some understanding why they didn´t.

What a brilliant review. Sounds like you had a blinder. I'm out there on the 28th for 5 nights and probably only doing Sasha and Digweed at Privilege. I've seen loads of pictures and people saying the Music is class. Is it busy enough, decent atmosphere??

It was really good, but would have benefitted from being busier in my view.

I´ve not spoken to them (and they wouldn´t make any statements right now anyway I think), but I am dead certain they got lots of feedback left right and centre, both good and bad. and yeah, I am sure they will do further work on the venue after this season and it will be improved for 2018. keep in mind they only had 5 months to get the whole refurb done and I think they literally had no time to properly test out the sound system with enough people inside the venue before they actually opened. up until the day before the opening they had machines in there and workmen.

there was always the question whether it was better to try and get it done in time for this season (and then possibly have to improve stuff afterwards) or just stay closed for a full summer and then really present a fantastic new thing in 2018. I understand it would have meant a lot of money not made and also losing out on getting promoters aboard, but on the other hand I personally think it might have been the better move...give everyone a year to actually ´forget´old space and have a club ready for 2018 which really blows everyone away (let´s be honest - the wow effect just isn´t as big as they thought it would be). I am not 100% certain, but I think that would also have given enough time to change all the licensing so they could have changed it into a one-dancefloor venue which is what they would have preferred anyway (yann clearly said this in the IMS chat he gave). but as pointed out, staying closed for a full summer would have been a very bold decision and I do have some understanding why they didn´t.

Your points are fair and I can understand why they didn't close for a whole season due to the loss of money of not having the club open. With regards to the sound system, they should have prioritised this given how good Space's sound system was.

I haven't seen the interview of Yann at the IMS, so didn't know they wanted to change it to a one dance floor venue. Do you think this would be successful? Most clubs have at least 2 dance foors. To to fill a big venue with one dance floor requires some very big vents / dj's each night. Having such a big dance floor isn't always great for certain nights. Privilege struggles to fill the main room week after week.

I haven't seen the interview of Yann at the IMS, so didn't know they wanted to change it to a one dance floor venue. Do you think this would be successful? Most clubs have at least 2 dance foors. To to fill a big venue with one dance floor requires some very big vents / dj's each night. Having such a big dance floor isn't always great for certain nights. Privilege struggles to fill the main room week after week.

it´s simply much, much simpler from a programming point of view. they really didn´t make a secret out of the fact they would have preferred to just have one room. and yes, I do think it would have worked better for them.

it´s simply much, much simpler from a programming point of view. they really didn´t make a secret out of the fact they would have preferred to just have one room. and yes, I do think it would have worked better for them.

Surely having one dance floor limits the nights you can have? Most of the big nights have at least 2 rooms with big line ups in each. Pacha is a bit of an exception.

Back