Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

Dates you were there: 3rd - 10th July 2017 with best mate.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Grand Paladium Palace (pdb). All inclusive hotel, best hotel I've stayed in and has a nice spa thing. Also a quick walk or short taxi to most places.

Club nights visited:
4th - Zoo project
5th - Hi, armin van Buuren
7th - ushuaia, tinie tempah
8th - ushuaia, ants

Best night:
Ushuaia, ants. We are more progressive, trance, edm types but really enjoyed ourselves. We arrived at about 7 and stayed through to midnight when actually planned only to stay to 10. Zoo project comes a close second and met up with someone met in Ibiza 2 years ago. tinie tempah was a surprisingly decent night too. We just went on a whim.

Worst night:
No real worst night other than Monday & Thursday which ended up been a rest days:rolleyes:. I'd say Hi and very expensive drinks prices (€12 water , €14 a beer), and the memories of what used to be space.

Best bar:
We didn't do any bars this time. As we don't drink that much and was all inclusive at hotel.

Best place to eat:
We didn't manage to eat out this time, but we love a cheeky burger at steak and shake after a night out :oops:. We wanted to go after ants but completely forgot until we reached the hotel lol.

Money spent:
€750 euros in total between us (as in money spent when out there)

Biggest regret:
Not making it to see Erik pydrz, we where toast after zoo :D. Maybe not going for 10 days instead.

Going back?:
Tough one, not this year as mate can't afford it. While I've done solo plenty of times and met lots of great people doing so, there is nowt like getting wasted in Ibiza with your best mate!
Maybe next year... I have been 10 times now so see how I feel about it.

Top tip:
We didn't bother buying tickets beforehand as no nights where set in stone for us. We found discount entry bands for before 1:30am to Hi where quite common and saved €10+ on ticket seller prices!

In ushuaia to get to toilets at front or left side (as if you're looking at stage) it's quicker to go around the right hand side and behind the stage than through the masses on the left.

Top tips:
- Middle/Late June is the best time to go. I've been to Ibiza every month now and can safely say June is my favorite month, closely followed by September.

I'd like to make a change to this....Late September or early October is the best time to go. That way you don't get constantly reminded via Facebook or Instagram that your Ibiza trip is over and everyone else is still there or still has it to look forward to. :mad:

:)

I'd like to make a change to this....Late September or early October is the best time to go. That way you don't get constantly reminded via Facebook or Instagram that your Ibiza trip is over and everyone else is still there or still has it to look forward to. :mad:

:)
Yes the fb vids kill me!! Early oct is when I go too, used to be end of sept.

Mrs wants to bring the kids in December this year for long weekend. Its the only month we haven't been there , looking at 15-18 with a night in bcn Thursday and monday..o_O.
All flights dub-bcn-ibz return..€410 for 3 adult 1 child..thurs and mon nights stay in bcn is the only downer.mrs hates it there..

Last edited:
Dates you were there: July 7 - 11

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Ses Figures - Talamanca. Would recommend as it's in a really chilled area but easy to get taxis from and a short hop from everywhere

Club nights visited: Hot Since 82@ Pacha as got guest list, Rumours at Destino, XOYO at Pikes

Best night: Probably Pacha, good music and a good vibe. If you find the right spot there you do find an up for it crowd

Worst night: No bad nights but felt Destino lacked a little in atmosphere compared to others

Best bar: Seemed to drink a lot but usually with meals, on the beach, on the balcony or in clubs rather than bars

Best place to eat: Fish Shack, although the food at Whites in pdb was good and a bargain at €20 for 3 courses

Money spent: Probably about £1200 between 2 of us excluding flights and hotel

Biggest regret: not having the annual leave to stay longer

Going back?: maybe over new year if not then again next summer

Top tip: buy beers from the shop and enjoy the music on the sand rather than spend a fortune on beds and beach clubs /hire a car

Dates you were there: July 2 - 9
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Florencio Hostal, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Defected @Eden, Trance Anthems @Es Paradis, Paradise @Dc-10, Cream @amnesia

Best night: Trance Anthems - amazing old school trance, great crowd, DJ's willing to stay and hang around for photos & a chat afterwards, lack of pretentiousness - just people enjoying themselves :)

Worst night: Defected - all sounded the same (god I sound old!), crowd a bit arsey, DJ's looked like they would rather be somewhere else.

Best bar: Tropi on the West End :D

Best place to eat: El Rincon de Pepe - decent tapas!

Money spent: Roughly £700 not including flights & hotel

Biggest regret: not staying longer!!

Going back?: hopefully in September

Top tip: if you're staying in San An then the discobus will save you a fair bit in taxis from the clubs/PDB!!

Dates you were there: July 2 - 9
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Florencio Hostal, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Defected @Eden, Trance Anthems @Es Paradis, Paradise @Dc-10, Cream @amnesia

Best night: Trance Anthems - amazing old school trance, great crowd, DJ's willing to stay and hang around for photos & a chat afterwards, lack of pretentiousness - just people enjoying themselves :)

Worst night: Defected - all sounded the same (god I sound old!), crowd a bit arsey, DJ's looked like they would rather be somewhere else.

Best bar: Tropi on the West End :D

Best place to eat: El Rincon de Pepe - decent tapas!

Money spent: Roughly £700 not including flights & hotel

Biggest regret: not staying longer!!

Going back?: hopefully in September

Top tip: if you're staying in San An then the discobus will save you a fair bit in taxis from the clubs/PDB!!

Love Tropi, how was Cream?

Love Tropi, how was Cream?

Cream was a good night too - although we saw Fatboy Slim's set instead of PVD and he didn't disappoint - loads of energy!! When he finished we wandered in to the other room for Ferry Corsten and I found him a bit of a let down this time round - the trance was a bit too much on the harder side for me. Missed Jordan Suckley though which was a bit gutting but never mind.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
My apartment in Portinatx 14-18th July

Club nights visited:
None
Best night:
Portinatx Party and the private villa after party, just unforgettable

Worst night:
?

Best bar:
Vista Allegre in Sant Joan, the less trendy bar of the island.
Perfect for a quiet Spanish breakfast, looking at the characters of the north...

Best place to eat:
We had a great dinner @Los Enamorados, great healthy and organic food, nice wine, perfect for a romantic night...

Money spent:
Who cares except my banker?
Around 500-600€,maybe more, not less...
Biggest regret:
I don't live with regret.
Going back?:
Yes,2 weeks in September
Top tip:
Just enjoy, and be respectful to the people of the island...

Cream was a good night too - although we saw Fatboy Slim's set instead of PVD and he didn't disappoint - loads of energy!! When he finished we wandered in to the other room for Ferry Corsten and I found him a bit of a let down this time round - the trance was a bit too much on the harder side for me. Missed Jordan Suckley though which was a bit gutting but never mind.

I always stay in the main room when I go to Cream. This Year it's Above and Beyond with Norman Cook on the Terrace so I think I'll be seeing Fatboy this time. Can't wait

Dates you were there:

13th July - 24th July. I've been going to Ibiza annually since 2003, but now we have a 3 year old the main purpose of the holiday has changed! From 2003 - 2014 it was all about the clubbing/partying, 2015, 2016, 2017 more family orientated (with the exception of a few 3 days benders at other points in the year). The fortunate thing is we have traveled with friends who also have children meaning we can always squeeze in a couple of club nights - the girls going out for a couple of nights while we're on baby duties and vice versa.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Aparthotel Nereida, San Antonio Bay. As above, been coming here for years and given the majority of years have been for the parties, we've generally stayed in San Antonio or PDB. This is the first time that we've stayed as far round the Bay and to be absolutely honest, it didn't really feel like "Ibiza" to me for the first few days. Even when we've went back with the wee man, we've stayed in the Gran Sol in San An and been able to walk round the promenade, stopping in at some of the bars at the Marina for a beer, catching a pre-party somewhere and eating in places that we know and like. Staying as far round the Bay felt like we were starting again with no real knowledge of the area. Sometimes that can be a god thing as you can find new places and explore a bit, but it didn't feel to me that there was much here that would draw me back. Kumharas, was a 5 minute walk away which was good, however outwith that, there wasn't really much that interested us. The sheer number of "fun pubs" with the shitty ride on machines, trampolines and bouncy castles actually made me think we could have been in any other generic Spanish resort and not Ibiza - there was nothing unique in my view that made this part of the island stand out. Maybe just that I am too used to other areas.

The hotel itself was fine. Standard 3 star accommodation in terms of facilities. We had a one bedroom apartment which was good as it meant we had somewhere for the rugrat to sleep away from us. The one thing that this hotel has going for it is its location for the sunset. Stunning views every night and has a wee terrace that you can sit and enjoy a beer without the crowds of the sunset strip. There's also a boardwalk from the hotel down to the sea with a wee ladder to assist in getting on and out over the rocks.

Club nights visited:

Circo Loco (Monday 17th July)

Hadn't been to DC10 for a few years and the last few times I've been there it's been for the Closings, i.e. absolutely rammed. Given past experience, I was thinking we'd get there early, stay until it was uncomfortable then jump in a taxi. Never needed the early taxi - it was perfectly busy the entire night throughout the whole place. Arrived about 7pm and caught the last of Tania Vulcano in the Garden. Was quite quiet and her set never really done anything for me, maybe just a little to early in proceedings and not enough atmosphere. Doc Martin was on at 8, hadn't seen Doc Martin since he played Pressure at the Arches years ago. Really enjoyed his set, thought it was perfect for the time of day and the crowd had started to build up nicely without it being too busy. I wandered onto the Terrace just after 9pm to see what was happening in there - there were 3 people there (including me) - Shonky was on at 9:30 so had expected there to be at least a bit of a crowd, but nothing so back to the Garden. Stayed for the rest of Doc Martin then a wee bit of DJ Tennis, but then decided to head inside to the Terrace for Shonky. I'll be honest, it's about now that things get a little hazy due to some over indulgence. I remember bits and bobs of the next few hours but nothing specific - I just remember thinking to myself that the music was excellent. Saw bits of Shonky, most of Chloe's set than some of Margaret Dygas, flitted in and out of the Main Room to see Steve Rachmad and Serge Devant - all of whom were good (at least I think they were, it may have been my state of mind). Eventually settled in the Main Room just before 2am to see Ben Klock. I like most genres of electronic music, but Techno will always be number one for me and I wasn't disappointed with Ben Klock - it was relentless for 2 solid hours. I've seen him a few times and this was by far and away the best set of his I've heard. I remember going to the toilet and coming back into the room just as the bass kicked in on a track and my whole body vibrating. Loved every minute of his set. Stayed for a bit of Damian Lazarus but was starting to flag by this point. Eventually headed for a taxi about 4:30am, happy that I'd had one of the best DC10's ever.

Ants (Saturday 22nd July)

More daytime raving and the first time that I'd been to Ushuaia - it's not somewhere that I'd usually choose to go, but this was a bit of a compromise as one of the crowd we were with wasn't really into clubbing/techno. First up, I really enjoyed the day/night mostly because of the people I was with. Caught Yousef before Joris Voorn started at 9 then Andrea Olivia closing things off. Musically, it was nowhere near as good as DC10 (it was never going to be to be honest), but I still had a great night. All three were decent enough, but I don't know how I feel about the whole massive production, massive bar prices of Ushuaia. On the one hand, you know what you're getting yourself into when you go to a place like that, but at the same time there's always a feeling of everything being forced/staged and nothing about the atmosphere in the place being organic. That feeling was probably compounded because the other night I'd been to was Circo Loco and that would be what I was comparing it to, anyway I don't think I'll be back to the place, it just didn't feel right to me.

Best night: Circo Loco

Worst night: None

Best bar:

Drank in a few bars, mostly round in the Bay. Kumharas was the best - most others were generic holidsay bars that you could find anywhere else.

Where I love going for a beer is round at the Aquarium. Water taxi over from San An, take the wee man in for a look round the fish, a dip in the sea to cool off and a few pints with the family watching the world go past in quiet surroundings

Best place to eat:

Best meal of this holiday was David's. A regular haunt when we're over and never had a bad meal in t he place.

Relish - San An Bay. Had a lunch here one day, was very nice. I had the mussels in white wine/garlic sauce, the Mrs had sauteed mushrooms on a toasted ciabatta. Both really nice. Tried to back on the Sunday for a meal, however didn't realise it was a Sunday Roast menu that was on and wasn't really up for that in 30 degree heat! Would definitely go back there to eat again though. Nice location as well looking out over the bay to San An.

Also went for a sunset meal at Savannah. Food was nothing special but the night was excellent, again due to the people we were with. Reason I mention this is to have another moan. We were on a minimum spend because the table was at the front, which was fine as we would have reached the limit anyway. But from where we were sitting you could hear the music from both Cafe Del Mar and Savannah. It was annoying as f***, and there were at least ten other tables who must have been in a the same position.

Money spent: £1900 for the three of us via Jet2 holidays. That was for half board plus and return flights from Glasgow. Spent about £2000 over 11 nights.

Biggest regret: Not going to Music On instead of Ants - maybe regret is the wrong word, but it's something I would change in hindsight.

Going back?: Absolutely - will be back every year. People keep saying to me that you're getting too old for Ibiza. Every time I ask if they've ever been, 99% of the time they say no. Everyone who posts on here knows the score, there's something for everyone whether it's partying or family time (or both). Why would I want to go anywhere else and then be comparing it to what I could be doing if I was in Ibiza?

Top tip: Read Ibiza Spotlight for info before you travel. Special mention to @stivi and the rest of the Spotlight staff for the proactive approach when it comes to drug safety. I know for a fact that the advice contained in the dedicated thread helped keep people safe and have a great night. I just wish more would have the same common sense approach and get information out there rather than ignore it, education really is key to keeping people safe.

Last edited:
u forget Sol house pikes hotel close to ur hotel, Dj spen Karizma free on sunday , jose padilla on wed, His last set tonight.;WTF? :confused:
nice spot if i were around San an beside the westend strip...

u forget Sol house pikes hotel close to ur hotel, Dj spen Karizma free on sunday , jose padilla on wed, His last set tonight.;WTF? :confused:
nice spot if i were around San an beside the westend strip...

Yip, saw that - issue with that is I had my son with me. Sol House is adults only so it was a no-go. I suppose the point I was making is that in the Bay you're restricted to family/fun pubs, with the exception of Kuhmaras, if you have the family in tow.

i didnt know that kids werent allowed at sol house as its a chill out place
i got a friend which 4 years old kid is a crazy cool dancer, im sure he will rock bora bora on the table :D
i got some local dj contact havin residency at Axel beach ,close by, some at The beach & so on..
Kumharas is always a good idea :cool:

Back