Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

Dates you were there: July 18 - 26

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Casa Maria, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Pure Carl Cox and Tale of us in Priv. Alesso and Guetta in Ushuaia. Armin van Buuren, Steve Angello and Prydz in Hi, Hot Since 82 in Pacha, Elrow and Cocoon.

Best night: Prydz hands down. Great way to finish the week off. Played for 3.5 hours and was very tech heavy.

Best place to eat: Bondi in San Antonio

Tips: If you can, wear two pairs of shorts with important stuff on the inside. Means you don't need to worry about pickpockets or wondering if your valuables are still there. Also if you are in the main room in Hi, when the DJs are finished the way they leave the stage which is to the far left of the booth and around, you can sometimes catch them there and if you are lucky can get a picture. Armin and Steve Angello stopped for pics with people when we were there, Prydz did not but hey it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Dates you were there: July 18 - 26

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Casa Maria, San Antonio

Club nights visited: Pure Carl Cox and Tale of us in Priv. Alesso and Guetta in Ushuaia. Armin van Buuren, Steve Angello and Prydz in Hi, Hot Since 82 in Pacha, Elrow and Cocoon.

Best night: Prydz hands down. Great way to finish the week off. Played for 3.5 hours and was very tech heavy.

Best place to eat: Bondi in San Antonio

Tips: If you can, wear two pairs of shorts with important stuff on the inside. Means you don't need to worry about pickpockets or wondering if your valuables are still there. Also if you are in the main room in Hi, when the DJs are finished the way they leave the stage which is to the far left of the booth and around, you can sometimes catch them there and if you are lucky can get a picture. Armin and Steve Angello stopped for pics with people when we were there, Prydz did not but hey it's worth a try.

Are you not roasting? :eek:

Dates you were there: July 23 - 29 - First real vacation away from the kids (2 and 4) - our 7th time together on Ibiza (my 8th time in total and the wife's 13th)
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartamentos Petunia - Cala Carbo. Wife wanted a place more "quiet" and remote, ended up at Petunia with around 50% children around but it wasn't too bad. They changed owners 2 days before we got there so I expect it to undergo some changes before next season.

Club nights visited: Cocoon, Limited Edition and FMIF

Best night: Limited Edition, mostly due to the wife being more up for it than Cocoon where she spent over 30 minutes in the toilet queue and that killed her mood (not even Solomun could save it :( ). Salvatore Ganacci however was a frickin joke, holy hell what a mood-killer. When you stop the music to talk BS every five minutes you shouldn't be on stage if you ask me.

Worst night: FMIF as it was just as I expected. I was watching Guetta on the scren in the old Global room (RIP) and it didn't seem like he gave a rats ass about the music and spent more time talking with the people behind him than actually mixing.

Best bar: We had a nice time at Dunes in PdB before Ushuaïa, other than that no bar really stood out.

Best place to eat: Izakaya near Pacha/Gran Hotel was really nice, really fresh and well prepared food. La Bodega in Ibiza Town still delivers on their tapas. Shake N Steak was good considering the price. Maria Luisa in Cala Vadella has some nice food and the best cava sangria during our stay. Es Boldado near Cala d'Hort had nice food but lousy service. We also ate at Kumharas which we both thought was overrated.

Money spent: Enough :)

Biggest regret: Not visiting the north side as we had a car our whole stay

Going back?: Of course! Might go next summer with the kids which would mean 0 nights out but at least we'll be in Ibiza!

Top tip:#1 Rent a car and drive around, but don't rent it from OK Rent a car - it took us 2 hrs to get our car which isn't really the start you want on your holiday. Missed the reviews on Facebook, all say the same thing. #2 Visit Torre de Savinar, the view of Es Vedra really is breathtaking.

Dates you were there: 28th July - 31st July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ibiza Rocks Hotel San Ant - We had a Rockstar Apartment - it was more expensive but it was decent - had a decent balcony with two big sun beds and a couple of sun loungers - Was nice to relax. Hotel generally nice, it was busy and seemed generally a younger audience - In the day mainly stayed around the chill out pool. Never had issues getting taxi's whether to a club or back to the airport from the hotel, just waiting outside no more than a couple of minutes and one turned up.

Club nights visited: Zoo Project/ Elrow

Best night: Elrow -

So 14 of us had gone over for my best friends stag do - the Saturday which was Zoo/ Elrow night and was my birthday, it was our main night, we'd relaxed all day around the pool had a few beers and the excitement/ anticipation for the evening was amazing - It's a lovely feeling knowing you've got a big night and you're with all your friends just waiting for it to happen. We hit Zoo early on about 6, felt really relaxing not crazy busy, got some food think I paid 7 Euro for a stone baked pizza which was fine. Beer seemed expensive not sure if they stagger drinks but a pint was 8.5 later on. Everyone who we met was nice and happy, couple of us did some spiritual yoga, went for a dance in the seal bit. On thing we didn't and couldn't say no was spending on the shot girls walking round - we left about half 10, back to the hotel to pick up Elrow tickets, then taxi to Elrow. I've never been amnesia, it's like a massive industrial unit. Because people had hit it hard we had two drop outs so we had two spare tickets going. Which I only remembered when we approached the gate about 12:30. Two guys in the other queue for pay on the door tickets which was massive just came with us for 20 Euros each which they seemed happy with. I was a little gone at this point and the doorman was scanning the tickets and my 5 beer ticket also, so he scanned it and put it in a bin (I didn't realize he was about to give me 5 beer tokens) so I picked it out of the bin, he went a bit mental and I thought I might die (not really) but in the end it was fine. I'm not massive on any type of music but I enjoyed Elrow it was really busy especially moving between the rooms but we did find space on the dance floor and was in a decent spot for when all the stuff drops which was around 2 am. Managed to go to the bar, provide two tokens for beer, then pay for same two beers, prob the stupidest thing I did. There was about 7 of us left about 3ish but then we all got split up so we ended up looking for other people and it seemed to be less fun, and instead of enjoy the music/ night it was trying to move between room trying to find people. Ended up leaving about 4:30.

Worst night: Not the worst but being hungover and going down the west end I found hard work.

Best bar: Ocean Beach Club - In terms of bars we did the west end on the Friday evening and they're just normal bars you'd find around any resort bit crazy. Ocean Beach Club was good if you forgot how much money you had spent. 14 of us went and we put 100 Euros in each which took us about 4/5 hours to blast through.

Best place to eat: Didn't really eat in many places, I had a bacon cheese burger from Ocean Beach Club which was very good, also grabbed a chicken pitta from Ibiza Rocks bar a couple of doors down from Ocean Beach Club which was nice. We had a curry on our last night from the Curry Club I didn't particular like my food but other people enjoyed it.

Money spent: 650 Euros in spends in 3 nights- I didn't really drink much on my last night with being to hungover. The Elrow/ Zoo Project night I think I spent about 350/400 euros :(

Biggest regret: No

Going back?: I had a really good trip and I'd like to go back, with having a young family it's hard. I'll have to wait for another stag weekend or big birthday.

Top tip:#1 - Buy tickets before hand. Mainly because we already knew what we had booked and with spending a lot of money in Ibiza you don't have to worry about paying for the tickets on the door. You also get to go through the smaller queue.

Dates you were there: July 27th - 30th

My 5th time to Ibiza, but my first time in July. It was really hot and the nights were very humid. Had to keep the air conditioning on all night. Certainly understand why many prefer June and September when the weather is much more bearable. Still, I wanted hot sunshine and I got it. :p

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hostel Adelino - San Antonio. Stayed there before. There is a Suma supermarket directly opposite with really affordable food and drink e.g. bottled water only 30c.

Club nights visited: Es Paradis: Fiesta Agua.

Best night: Friday night at Es Paradis. First time there. So many beautiful women and one in particular was very lively and dancing with all the guys she could find - and she danced the most sexy slender moves you can imagine.

Worst night: Friday night at Es Paradis. Arrived at 1am and waited for the fiesta agua to actually take off. Everyone crowded the dance floor expecting water to flood the place. No entertainer and no water. Apart from the music nothing else happened until 3am when 2 shower sprinklers went off at the corner of the room and people left the main dance area and started dancing the conga in a circle under the sprinklers. Bar tender was soaking people with a water pistol as they walked passed and some elderly guy was running around and soaking one or two girls before they took it off him and soaked him. At 3.30am the music was still the same track which seemed to go on for an hour without changing and then another corner of the room filled with steam. I looked down at the main dance floor which was almost deserted as everyone was now dancing under the sprinklers which were randomly switching on and off. Saw a small puddle of water in the centre dance floor and wondered if that was all that was going to happen. Then I left.

Best bar: Bora Bora. Always have a great time there. Wonderful company and music with a beat that you can really dance to by the beach and check out the beautiful women all around you.

Best place to eat: Fatso's British Cafe. Excellent food at a fantastic price. They give you a huge portion of food. I noticed that nobody could even finish their plates because they were given so much. Tipped the waitress and told them how incredible their prices were for such a large serving.

Money spent: Including flights and hotel, about 900 euros in total.

Biggest regret: Ordering a Spanish omelette with salad and chips at Bora Bora. The vibration of the music made it hard to keep the food down. I could only eat half of it and washed it down with beer.

Going back?: I had originally intended to make this holiday my last visit to Ibiza for a while at least, but when I saw the sun setting for the last time as we headed for the airport I just couldn't bring myself to say "this is my final goodbye" so I hope to return one day. Was thinking of returning for my 6th visit in September.

Top tip: #1 Try to avoid late July as it was just ridiculously hot (unless you really love the heat). #2 If you get the disco bus at San Antonio station be sure to purchase a bus ticket from the ticket office before you board. Driver would not accept cash from anyone on Saturday night when I got the bus at 1am.

Overall experience 7/10. Short and sweet. Although I drank too fast and could not shift my hiccups for a while. Girl at chemist understood English very well.

Last edited:
Dates - 28/7 - 2/8

My 6th time in Ibiza, but first time in peak season for a few years. I was there for Clockwork Orange mainly. I used to go to their nights in both London and Ibiza in the 90's. Seb Fontaine is one of my favourite DJ's. It was just me and the missus on a well deserved break from the kids and work.

Where I stayed: Hard Rock Hotel. Yeah I know it's symbolic of what the Island is turning into (VIP culture), but it's bloody lovely. My 3rd time there, highly recommended, the comfiest best I have EVER slept in.

Club nights visited: Clockwork @ Sankeys, Clockwork beach party, Sasha and Digweed at Privilege.

Best night: Clockwork beach party. Took me a while to get into it as it was sooooooo hot, but once they lifted the canopy and it cooled down a bit, it was such an amazing atmosphere. See Fontaine and K-Klass were the highlights. My only gripe is that Danny DJ'd the final set, and to be honest, he is a bit wank at DJ'ing. He should stick to introducing the others and keeping the vibe uplifting on the mic.

Worst night: It wasn't a bad night, but Sasha and Digweed just wasn't quite full enough for me. They were on fine form and the dance floor was busy-ish, but the rest of the club lacked atmosphere. I hoped to see Vista in full swing, but it was dead. I went to manumission in 95 and it just doesn't compare. I think the main problem was that, other than S&D, the rest of the lineup was a little weak.

Best bar: 9th floor at the Hard Rock Hotel. Amazing views. I also liked some small bars on the alleyways in the old town, not sure what they were called. Dunes and Base are decent too.

Best place to eat: A toss up between Patchwork, Las Dispensa and Beachouse. All very good. Las dos Lunas was good too, but my wife was sick so we didn't really enjoy it and had to leave early. Hard to pick a favourite to be honest....rack of lamb at La Dispense was amazing.

Biggest regret: My wife got ill from the ice in her drinks (we think it was that) and was ill for a day and a half. Las Dos Lunas was supposed to be our most special meal and she spent most of the time in the toilets. I also lost my wedding ring and spent 2 hours at the police station getting a report for the insurance....should have had the sense to leave it at home. I'm not sure if it slipped off in the pool or if some dodgy person shook my hand and slipped it off.

Going back? Yes! Late September/early October for my 40th. Hoping to do Ants/Elrow closing combo then Solomon. I'm a little annoyed that the Privilege closing party clashes with Solomon as i'm worried it'll mean Solomon is too empty - oh well, will just have to hope that's not the case.

Top tip: If you're into good food, Ibiza is a gastronomic delight! Do your research and plan your restaurants just as much as your clubs. It's one of my favourite places in the world for eating out!

Overall experience: 9/10. Just a shame my wife got ill and I lost my ring.

nice review grassman. judging from earlier posts I think you don´t like packed clubs so I´m honestly not sure elrow closing will be a good choice for you.

solomun will definitely not be too empty though.

I've just about pulled my head out of my arse to do this review

Dates you were there: 27th July - 31st July
(9th time in Ibiza spanning over 20 years)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Blau Park, Calo Des Moro (around the corner from the Sunset Strip)
Relaxed Hotel in decent location, no complaints at all

Club nights visited: Elrow, Clockwork beach party (if that counts)

Best night: I loved the beach party, great atmosphere. Music was nothing you wouldn't hear at some some old skool banger night but everyone was just happy to be there. Easily the best crowd I've experienced in Ibiza in a long time. One thing I will say is that some sneaky bar staff were delaying giving people their change (if you know what I mean).

Worst night: Elrow, everything was wrong for me. Found the music boring, was too packed going between rooms, but most of all, rubbish atmosphere. A lot of over aggressive people, pushing, shoving and standing around. I only agreed to go to keep others in our group happy (the wife enjoyed it funnily enough) but I won't be back.

Best bar: Sa Trinxa. Great spot and well worth a visit but a pain in the arse to get to from San An

Best place to eat: El Chiranguito, lovely setting near Cala Gratio with nice grub and service.

Money spent: Far too much but hey ho, i don't go to Ibiza to save money

Biggest regret: Saving myself for Elrow when I could've went elsewhere. Wish I had've hunted down a few Spotlighters at the beach party but I was too spannered. Seen one big guy, beard, black vest, that's gotta be Diver. It wasn't but I ended speakin with him anyway and pretending it was. Searched for the Pirate but to no avail.

One disappointment from Ibiza this year was the general level of service we received in bars/restaurants. There were plenty of ibiza vets in our group who agreed, lots of dis-interested grumpy staff

Going back?: Of course, I always end up going back

Top tip: This website/forum is great for information so thanks to all contributors

One disappointment from Ibiza this year was the general level of service we received in bars/restaurants. There were plenty of ibiza vets in our group who agreed, lots of dis-interested grumpy staff

Probably realised that living 6 up in 2bed flat and paying ££££ for the privilege is not what this balearic working ideal is all about - but thats another story on another thread.

Probably realised that living 6 up in 2bed flat and paying ££££ for the privilege is not what this balearic working ideal is all about - but thats another story on another thread.

Nobu bought entire buildings to house their staff I'm told by McRackin - you can't turn a 3* hotel into a 5* one and expect the same staff to suddenly understand how to deliver a world class product !

correct, we could dedicate a whole thread to that topic!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): El Pacha Hotel (5 nights) and Nautico Ebesco (one night - dont ask). El Pacha is fine...great during the day to crash as no noise. Free entry to pacha which meant i went more than i would usually do. I turned up at 6 am on way back from Hyte and entry no problem. Good value actually if you have 3 to the room. Breakfast is good although i must looked a bit sheepish the days i went directly after club (they do give you bucks fizz in the morning)

Club nights visited:

Sat: After a long flight from Dubai, stopping off to Edinburgh for an all night out...i lost track of days and turned up at Naussa a day early...what a twat! So here i was in PDB and ended up going to Black Coffee @ Hi, so dissapointed with Hi, wont go again in a hurry. Then went onto Pure Pacha, surprisingly good evening really enjoyed. Funny drinks were more expensive today than Sunday when it was busier.

Sunday: Clockwork Orange Beach party - enough said. probably my best daytime experience since Space Manumussion afters...wasnt really caring much about the music, the vibe was unreal. older people generally and a wonderful experience.

After went to Solomun....again, really liked it but very busy (I am sure people were looking at me as i was in a bit of a state). Nice burds. Music was spot for my mood. Picked up a few Austrailain burds for a wee party back at hotel.

Monday: invited to go to DC10 but decided i cant do all dayers and night in a row these days so just went to COCOON. Amazing as always, Amnesia is on another level as we know. Troxler was fun and after i had a bit of a black out.

Tuesday: Resistance. Privelage really has upped its game. The production is great. I enjoyed being in Vista with Saunderson sitting on the ledge at the side when it was getting bright - not too many people in there unfortunately (main room busy enough)...I think this night has the potential to be huge in the years to come.

Wed: Game Over - never been to Benimmusa Park (as dressing up as a twat doesnt work for me) but i have to say, loved the venue. Can imagine it will be superb when busy etc. Evening I went to Hyte...I always have liked loco dice...Black Coffee just doesnt work for me, i dont like the endless pointless vocals.. will need to try again. Shwarz in main room made my night. This is when i stopped off at pacha at 6 on way home...how i was comprehensible god knows.

Thurs: Back to Privelage for Afterlife. Loved it...perfect tempo music for me to cope after previous days. Some stuff played was not my cup of tea but lots of new stuff that is still going through my heid now. Left at 7, flight at 11 and a day in Rome before a flight back home to Abu Dhabi...I've still got a bit of stamina at my age i congratualted myself after another successfull trip..Normally, i come home and say this was my last time...no, after this trip, i am totaly rejuvianted and i cant wait for my return...Ibiza constantly changes. The closing of Space for me has been positive in a sense that there are lots of other places to go.

Best night: Clockwork Orange Beach Party - unsurpassed - I'll book my trip for this. After that, Cocoon - cant beat it...you know what to expect and it always delivers.

Worst night: Black Coffee @ Hi. Dont like the venue (too bright), dont like the clientele and sound was shit.

Best bar: Underground - I know technically a club but nipped in before Cocoon and had a great wee time

Best place to eat: Didnt properly eat till the Moday. Had a few nice tapas down Ibiza Town but actually had dinner one night in El Pacha Hotel - top quality it was. 85 Euro for one with a bottle of red. Pork cheeks were amazing. shame it wasnt busier as waiters/ress and chef are amazing. Highly recommened. In fact there is one night you can go there and if you have al a carte (and spend what i did) you get entry to Pacha - cant remember the day though.

Money spent: Very low in comparison, say 1K euro cash while here.

Biggest regret: Not going to DC10 when i thought if i did i wouldnt make Cocoon, clearly i could have

Going back?: Yes, last week Sept, first week Oct (my usual timings, this was a bonus)

Top tip: Dry clean or ditch your clothes before coming back through a middle east airport

Last edited:
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): El Pacha Hotel (5 nights) and Nautico Ebesco (one night - dont ask). El Pacha is fine...great during the day to crash as no noise. Free entry to pacha which meant i went more than i would usually do. I turned up at 6 am on way back from Hyte and entry no problem. Good value actually if you have 3 to the room. Breakfast is good although i must looked a bit sheepish the days i went directly after club (they do give you bucks fizz in the morning)

Club nights visited:

Sat: After a long flight from Dubai, stopping off to Edinburgh for an all night out...i lost track of days and turned up at Naussa a day early...what a twat! So here i was in PDB and ended up going to Black Coffee @ Hi, so dissapointed with Hi, wont go again in a hurry. Then went onto Pure Pacha, surprisingly good evening really enjoyed. Funny drinks were more expensive today than Sunday when it was busier.

Sunday: Clockwork Orange Beach party - enough said. probably my best daytime experience since Space Manumussion afters...wasnt really caring much about the music, the vibe was unreal. older people generally and a wonderful experience.

After went to Solomun....again, really liked it but very busy (I am sure people were looking at me as i was in a bit of a state). Nice burds. Music was spot for my mood. Picked up a few Austrailain burds for a wee party back at hotel.

Monday: invited to go to DC10 but decided i cant do all dayers and night in a row these days so just went to COCOON. Amazing as always, Amnesia is on another level as we know. Troxler was fun and after i had a bit of a black out.

Tuesday: Resistance. Privelage really has upped its game. The production is great. I enjoyed being in Vista with Saunderson sitting on the ledge at the side when it was getting bright - not too many people in there unfortunately (main room busy enough)...I think this night has the potential to be huge in the years to come.

Wed: Game Over - never been to Benimmusa Park (as dressing up as a twat doesnt work for me) but i have to say, loved the venue. Can imagine it will be superb when busy etc. Evening I went to Hyte...I always have liked loco dice...Black Coffee just doesnt work for me, i dont like the endless pointless vocals.. will need to try again. Shwarz in main room made my night. This is when i stopped off at pacha at 6 on way home...how i was comprehensible god knows.

Thurs: Back to Privelage for Afterlife. Loved it...perfect tempo music for me to cope after previous days. Some stuff played was not my cup of tea but lots of new stuff that is still going through my heid now. Left at 7, flight at 11 and a day in Rome before a flight back home to Abu Dhabi...I've still got a bit of stamina at my age i congratualted myself after another successfull trip..Normally, i come home and say this was my last time...no, after this trip, i am totaly rejuvianted and i cant wait for my return...Ibiza constantly changes. The closing of Space for me has been positive in a sense that there are lots of other places to go.

Best night: Clockwork Orange Beach Party - unsurpassed - I'll book my trip for this. After that, Cocoon - cant beat it...you know what to expect and it always delivers.

Worst night: Black Coffee @ Hi. Dont like the venue (too bright), dont like the clientele and sound was shit.

Best bar: Underground - I know technically a club but nipped in before Cocoon and had a great wee time

Best place to eat: Didnt properly eat till the Moday. Had a few nice tapas down Ibiza Town but actually had dinner one night in El Pacha Hotel - top quality it was. 85 Euro for one with a bottle of red. Pork cheeks were amazing. shame it wasnt busier as waiters/ress and chef are amazing. Highly recommened. In fact there is one night you can go there and if you have al a carte (and spend what i did) you get entry to Pacha - cant remember the day though.

Money spent: Very low in comparison, say 1K euro cash while here.

Biggest regret: Not going to DC10 when i thought if i did i wouldnt make Cocoon, clearly i could have

Going back?: Yes, last week Sept, first week Oct (my usual timings, this was a bonus)

Top tip: Dry clean or ditch your clothes before coming back through a middle east airport

What a review... your stamina is nothing short of legendary. Bravo Sir!

is it normal for the first time ever to go to gym 5 days in a row and do 3km a day and eat salads at work? I've never done it before but doing it now...and ive been having freaky dreams so much i need to sleep on sofa watching skynews before work? weird as f***....

That review. Don't think I could've partied that well in my twenties even! Well done sir.....yep, bet those dreams have been proper freaky!!

Back