Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

Dates you were there: 17th of sept - 23d of september 7 days. last minute booking and was totally worth it.

@ibizatriplovegirls I've nothing in common with your taste in music and clubs but reading the rest of your post reminds me of the trips I did in my late '30s going full on for both parties and other activities (started out mainly parties, evolved into half and half and now it's mainly activities !). So refreshing to read people getting out to Formentera, diving and cycling on their holiday not just monging on the beach or in their room in between parties. Top effort man, sounds like you had an absolute blast. Make the most of it while you still have the energy and will, the time in your life when you have the lust for it all is the sweetest time and if you really make the most of it you'll never look back with regret !

Oh and I totally get you about dropping the ball with a hot girl when you're set on partying or just because your mind isn't tuned in - the conflict is as real as the regret sometimes :lol:

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Sunday 10th September - Weds 20th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartment in Ibiza Town close to Port and Dalt Vila (overlooking Placa de Sa Font)

Club nights visited:

Rumours at Destino
Solomun +1 (Sven Vath)
Zoo Project
Resistance Closing
Ants
Tribal Sessions at Sankeys
Solomun +1 (Mind Against)
Circoloco
Do Not Sleep at Sankeys

Best night:

Close race between Solomun (Mind Against) and Circoloco. We are big Solomun fans but this year the music not as good as last year but actually Mind Against stole the show (deservedly) playing the warm-up and the close due to Solomun being ill. The night was not as busy as some others at Pacha and we found a great new place to dance (still upstairs but better view of the dance floor). Mind Against were superb and Solomun did well given his illness and played a great peaktime set 3-5am. Mind Against took over again from 5am until finish at 7.40am and we spent the last hour on the actual dance floor with a really friendly but thinning out crowd including some Italian / Romanian girl sharing her extremely strong vodka / red-bull with us. I forced my wife to stay until the end as this was due to be the big / last night and we had paced ourselves with relative early finishes prior to this. For me (a relative newcomer to Ibiza but in our 40s and picking up clubbing after 20 year hiatus) Pacha on nights like this is amazing and tough to beat. Other notable incident on this night was dancing upstairs in new found spot when an much older lady (late 50s and about 4 foot 11) turned round and in broad Scottish accent said "Solomun has taken it to the next f***ing level" ... only in Ibiza and amused me no-end to repeat this to my wife (including accent) for the rest of the week (much to her annoyance). We also met a nice group who had been to a Wedding at Pikes but where flying home early that morning.

It was close run because we hadn't expected to go out again but I somehow we ended up at DC10 the next night. I'd wanted to go to DC10 and at one point considered dropping the second Solomun night for it but due to meeting another couple at Ants on the Saturday we agreed to go to Solomun (met them again) and then agreed to go to Circoloco with them (although it didn't happen) but really had to force the wife into it. Due to late finish at Solomun we didn't really surface until mid afternoon and then decided to have dinner at Salinas pre-DC10 which worked well and by now we have worked out sharing dinner is a good idea. A few drinks and she was feeling better so we headed up to DC10 for around 7.30 and it was already very busy outside. Now never having been to DC10 we found our bearings inside and out and the music in the garden (Tiger and Woods) was very good lots of acid sounds which I like. Spent some time then watching Hosh to only 30-40 people but he played nice hard finishing set and then more time in the garden. Seemed pretty friendly and then we seemed to lose a few hours speaking to a mix of Scots (2 couples although the girls left early as were feeling the pace) and a big group from Cambridge one of whom was also struggling so we helped out with some water. We then made our way into the Terrace for the last half hour of Tania Vulcano followed by Mano Le Tough and somehow managed to find ourselves with some space under the Dj box and by a wall at the front. Big mixed group of Italians and some friendly Spanish couples, great vibe lots of dancing and messing around as one Italian (gay/bi?)guy took a shine to the wife and she danced with him and some other Italian girls - all great fun as Mano played his brand of quite weird deep house. Also met an older guy from Richmond who later shared his supplies and I didn't get a chance to thank properly. We then met some young girls from Liverpool / Manchester although generally the crowd was older and became much busier for Carola / Martinez Bros which was clearly the big draw for the night. We hung around for half an hour or so but then gave up and headed back outside which I couldn't believe was so busy given no music playing. Still super rammed and we headed back to sit down by which time I had a bit of a wobble myself due to lack of food / other stuff and managed to sit down with the Cambridge gang and some Irish lads. By this time the wife was really loving it (tables turned for the first time in 4/5 Ibiza trips) and forced me back into the main room for Damian Lazarus which was still rammed but we perservered and found some space near the far wall / bar past the VIP bit. Ended up meeting the Northern girls again for a chat and a final dance and left at 4.30am which I thought was a hell of an effort. Absolutely loved DC10'despite how busy it was. Music was varied and vibe excellent all round good to see a real mix of nationalities and people responding to smiles. We will return!

Worst night: A bit unfair but the two nights at Sankeys. We got free wristbands to Tribal Sessions (was going to use cancelled Dance 88/89 tickets but didn't need to) and only stayed for a couple of hours after Ants as wasn't feeling it. We went to DNS to meet the couple from Ants and it got a bit messy given four night on the trot ... much younger crowd ... not as friendly music very generic tech house ... that being said actually didn't enjoy Ants as much as we thought ... was super busy Solardo and Yousef were good but Joris Voorn lost the plot when Closing playing trance (I can sort of accept the odd classic) but then finished with some EDM like making sure you knew you were at Ushuaia!

Best bar: spent a nice afternoon in Figuretas drinking lager pre-Zoo and Resistance closing

Best place to eat: i really enjoyed Las Pasajeros (Argentinian upstairs in Ibiza Town) nice food / good value ... mashed potato was amazing

Money spent: as a couple probably £5k for ten days including flights and accommodation which is quite scary when I write it

Biggest regret: probably should have stayed longer for Sven Vath on first night but was pacing. Didn't make it to Cocoon yet either and had also planned Pikes for Maestro night and didn't make it to Fish Shack either.

Going back?: I am sure we will be ... was even trying for a road trip with the dog at the end of November but ferry crossing with the dog is a challenge as we will struggle to leave him in the crated area - anyone solved this before?

Top tip: We actually made a lot of use of the water taxi from the Port to Playa den Bossa beach this year ... normally PDB is a bit full on for us around the strip but entering from the water was much nicer. Also we made it to Punta Galera for a sunset which was very nice thanks to our friends partner who drove us all around including back to Ibiza Town from Salinas for sensible shoes! Our favourite part of was meeting new people and sharing the different experiences and this helped keep up the momentum of getting out out more often than we expected. Best visit yet !

could of been a great night had my missus not dampened my mood by just not being a huge fan of ToU. Stayed till gone 6 but wasnt ready to leave :spank:
Always a shitter when you're in the zone, yet one or more of your group want to leave. But when it's the missus it's worse as you have a duty of care which means staying out on your lonesome isn't an option. I feel for you buddy. We've all been there!

Btw, thanks for the great review!

Always a shitter when you're in the zone, yet one or more of your group want to leave. But when it's the missus it's worse as you have a duty of care which means staying out on your lonesome isn't an option. I feel for you buddy. We've all been there!

Btw, thanks for the great review!

Haha cheers man. Yep its 'always her' as they say but i wouldnt change nowt. As much as i love the freedom of a solo club night i also love being out with someone youre close to so you can reminisce together as opposed to just me waffling on ;)

revised

*unfortunately we do not have these type of clubs/settings here in my city - nor will we ever have them. Especially with the shootings at certain nightclubs, the lack of true interest in a well developed electronic music scene.
Furthermore the focus of what I will call here in my city , similar very repetitive hip hop/reggeaton music that gets played every single saturday night that which has driven me bored , tired , jaded and often isolated. The black urban cultural standards that are often incredibly sensible , territorial and often unwelcoming to outsiders to be honest. I wanted to take a break and get some sun from all. Not just from these above but other stress as well.

Dates you were there: 17th of sept - 23d of september 7 days. last minute booking and was totally worth it.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): hostal rosalia.

Club nights visited:
Destino for rumours
Pacha - f*ck me I am famous
DC 10- Paradise
Ushuia - Nervo nation & Ants
(missed Sankey's rebel's cove) - due to being late for the bracelet discount. I really wanted to go actually.

I regretfully say that I missed my favorite night, my house (martin solveig) @ Pacha, where I usually have fared better luck.
The music focus seems to be mainly fun , holding a fashionable edge through commercial/non commercial music and still holding a very palpable level of urban sensibility.

Best night:
Sept 17/ 2017
Ushuaia completely , everything that I like. It resembles a mini international festival, a concert like hall (in the beach), it is spacious, you dont have to impose your world on another person through a vibe, the sound system is amazing, the visuals are brilliant for the most part and the it ends before twelve. It also leads to much higher energy intensity in the sets of the artist, especially if they are performing in the front stage. With so much room there is so much energy and the sets seem to to aim at basically blowing off the roof (sort of speak). As opposed to creating a peculiar and artistic sound, which you would find in most nights at darker clubs like dc10 or Amnesia etc.
Anyways, my perspective - amazing night for the nervo girls.

*** Special mention to Sunnery james and ryan marciano - incredible sets with lots of club hits and high energy bass lines plus some melody here and there. (which I thought was missing) ****

Nervo started off a bit too commercial and very staged and choreographed show , which was cute. However by the end they hit this very melodic and banging sort of sound that kept on going and hit a note of nostalgia and uplifting looking forwardness. Reassuring that the summer was coming to end but things would be better :) Sincerely a brilliant show.
After the show ended - I really really wanted to go to the club in front, Hi and see Martin Garix , whom I have bought most of his productions and I really think he has matured into an amazing producer. Anyways, I had spent a lot of money that day so I just decided to call it a night.

Sept 23/2017

Ants (also at Ushuaia) : Timo mass , whom I had not seen in like such a long time and since my teens; I remember hearing his mixes for mixmag ( remember ? - Timo Maas – "Feedback Welcome " ) or those sort of songs that are synonymous to his sound. This was the type of sound that was played, some dub, good jacking house, a bit of techno very nice to hear at a party like ants.
There was a couple of djs that I would like to mention ANOTR - two dudes that played some very good tunes , noteworthy of a good beginning set.

Lastly - Groove armada whom I just heard for the first 45 minutes as I had to , literally , catch a taxi-cab to the airport whilst still very much in a state of a partying. Got to the airport just on time, checked in , only to wait 40 minutes for a departure and eat 2 burgers at burger king.

In conclusion - a brilliant night , wow. Everyone seemed to be very into the music and just so up for a good time. Kudos to ushuia for such a brilliant line up and great atmosphere.

Worst night: the flight back, ending without a phone (due to getting water damage), not getting the girl's that I liked and talked to phone's due to the fact that I had no working phone and no pen to write with.

Best bar: visited a lot

Cotton Beach club - amazing cocktails and good prices for their tintos and their reislings and rose wines are amazing! wow.
The view is killer in the upstairs "chill out lounge " area.

Best place to eat: Beso beach - formentera, a bit expensive but the view is killer. " no hay verano sin un beso" = (
other good mentions are pretty much anywhere in the port of san antonio, all those restaurants near the strip, went to ibiza rocks twice, Ithaca's breakfast is quite ok. Also the paellas served along the port in san antonio are nicely done and less pricey usually at around (11-15 euros) which is fine, in ibiza town they cost 20 euros.

I also would recommend this pintxo bar / restaurant where I had wellington beef served as a pintxo and it was so good, I had 4 servings and took off the bread and just ate the wellington beef portion, with amazing selection of spanish wines.

I can't remember the name , it is off avenida España going north, away from the castle near the benetton shop, which oddly only sells for women. (I used to like Benetton sweaters).

Es cavalet - el chiringuito - wow lovey view, amazing sunbeds and decently priced beer. A bit expensive but it must be done.
Everyone is really really chill here though. This is the only place where I would say I encountered a bit of anal european attitude, older monied folks and their way. I mean , the bar is a bit expensive. I can only afford two drinks and a bit of food while cheekily bringing my ow rose wine and then also tried to get a game of volleyball , but it was too late.

amazing honourable mention from a tourist - cafe mambo, an iconic place. I ate breakfast there twice. I found the bartender girl from latvia such a doll and so gorgeous and beautiful. The other two English waitress outside kept me coming back in the hopes that one day I would maybe hit it off. They were so nice and beautiful. I understand why people say mambo is a bit overated but I had an amazing time, I went to my house pre party with danny wade, who did a fantastic job.
And then to the labyrinth pre party which was equally amazing. Overall I really liked cafe mambo. :)

Money spent: let's not even go there

Biggest regret: not paying attention to girls that perhaps were giving positive clues due to being off my rocker and being in party mode. (it is such a catch 22). In one had you want to party and have a laugh and forget and in the other , I did not want to over do it so that I would be coherent enough and still standing to enjoy a nice chat. Unfortunately this did not happen in two nights, and I missed out . = (

Not being able to attend carl cox at amensia due to the ticket price and not having budgeted for it, I mean 70 euros!! wow.
And on top of that , meeting a lovely lovely polish girl and her mother or older friend going to amnesia while riding the bus , her inviting me and other english fellas getting off at the steps of amnesia and I had to basically continue forward due to not having enough budgeted euros for this night. Oh it was killer! - her mother was so chatty and nice and thus this sort of drew attention towards me from her daughter and she was lovely. Such a cringe worthy moment of not having enough money , if you are a straight guy, you will understand.

Going back?: of course next year. yes!!!!

Top tip: protect your cellphone. try to rent a car. be safe.
While I was going to bossa for sankey's , I stopped by at some italian bar (started speaking a bit of italian to the waitress , people were in a party mood , chatting and happy).

I sit down in the rail overlooking the street and then I think to myself, gee - I have to go to the bathroom. As I get up and walk to the ask the waiter "dove sta il bagno " (dont know if this was completely correct) anyways , a car hits the rail in front of where I was sitting just about 10 seconds ago and dents it enough. People that were partying look at the car for about 10 seconds and then continue partying. (crazy!) wow.

In all - this was a lovey trip - I rented a bicycle and biked 22 km. All the way to cotton beach club, hiked so much to see the great beaches near san antonio, I did scuba diving for the second year in a row and I am now into it. I got literally 3 hours of sleep or 4 every night. Went to bora bora twice, slept , drank and read while renting a sun bed there. Lovely view. Danced while there. Wicked sets.

But my kiss and those lovely smiles that I met with so much enthusiasm are missing in my phone in the form of phone numbers and possible pictures that I know i could garnish because I know I am a good chat. And all this is missing because my phone got mangled.

adieu

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s.
if anyone knows a girl by the name of gemma, i believe , from london .. whom i met at dc 10. Pharmacy student, tell her that I truly enjoyed the chat and I wish see her again. such a lovely and pretty girl.

p.p.s

On a really last note, it really seems that every time that I go back I always encounter a similar type of attitude that which speaks a certain predominant bias and nature that always impresses me in not such a good sense. But this has made me more aware of the goodwill nature of people and who they are, which has made me understand more and more.

People are really not aware of urban lifestyles in a north american sense and often mistake very random , refined and sometimes polite statements , usually showing a bias by not giving them the appropriate weight in context. So much for love and a summer of love, I often think. However these are sporadic moments. More importantly from my perspective , I believe ibiza still holds very rural sentiments and biases that come forth with all of these perspectives. However this is natural and to be expected in a certain sense.

I also learned that we as human beings are brought closer and closer by way of economic similarities and what these enables us to do, while abroad in a vacation. That is to say, in today's world where the economy is global, certain things are moot . Sure there are social class differences and other things that arise socially. However by in large there are a lot of similarities that developed economies enable its citizens to do, which may be common and universal, not just in one setting but in another global paradigm under similar circumstances. Notwithstanding the aloofness of that sentence, however it is a stark reality that I as a human being have seen and felt. Travelling does empower you to think broadly, more globally and compare. But more importantly to feel and see things first hand and compare it to whichever way of communication you use to inform yourself.
Maybe it might be something as banal as - what does a paella taste like? (random example).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dates you were there: 23rd Sept - 1st Oct

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Es Vive (Figueretas)

Club nights visited: Paris by Night at Pacha, Cocoon at Amnesia, Solomun at the Harbour and Afterlife closing at Privilege

Best night: Afterlife!!!! Easily one of my best clubbing experiences ever. Spectacular club in the best setting. The atmosphere was electric that night/morning, fantastic production/theme and a top notch lineup including a sunrise with Solomun. Very busy but with a little patience you can eventually find your spot.

Worst night: All clubs were fantastic. Last night was the worst, went to El Portalon restaurant with high expectations and it was a huge disappointment

Best bar: Sa Trinxa in Ses Salines, for the atmosphere and music (courtesy of DJ Andy Piper). Sky bar at Hotel Es Vive is a must (the Experience bar had an interesting mix of characters)

Best place to eat: For value for money, it has to be Retro Gusto (on the outskirts of Ibiza town, near Figueretas). The goats cheese salad was absolutely incredible, I also had a burger which was just as good as some restaurants in London. If you are staying in the area I highly recommend this place! I also thought the food at Sa Trinxa was quality but a little expensive.

Money spent: £3,964 (for me and wife). Flights (British Airways/Ryanair) - £520, Hotel - £1916, Spending - £978, Club tickets – £280

Biggest regret: getting sick, although I'm not sure if that could have been prevented

Going back?: Next year hopefully but for 4-5 days rather than 9

Top tip: Don't drink during the day, wear a decent set of ear plugs to clubs, use boat taxis to save money and avoid traffic. Finally, don't use illegal taxis (I never did but they just seem dodgy to me)

I'm writing a full Ibiza 2017 review but I warn you it is going to be very long. For those who are interested, I can post it on the forum (if I ever finish the damn thing)

On another note, I have just about enough random video footage to piece together a short film. It won't be anything special because I think these kind of things have to be planned beforehand. I tried to chat in front of my camera when I got drunk on my first day and I gave up after that. I've also never edited a video. But if I manage to rustle up something that's even mediocre (at a stretch), I can post it here for your entertainment/amusement

Dates you were there: 4-8 Oct (3rd visit this year)
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): White Island PDB.

Club nights visited: Solomun Destino Closing + Ushuaia Closing

Best night: Both were good in equal measures

Destino - rammed but got good spot, toilets were a joke though, really enjoyed Magdalena, solomun was good but was missing that extra Oomf. Left just prior to the end.

Ushuaia - not very busy to be honest, plenty room to dance but a good crowd who was there for the music. Enjoyed Luciano & jackmaster (local glasgow lad). Voorn' set was a usual mix of old classic intro then kick in tech house. kolsch - cant mind much (minced)

Worst night or day : Bora Bora Closing was pretty flat & music was awful..

Best bar: The appartment - sank a bottle of Haig club during the day before Destino..

Best place to eat: although all inclusive - went to la oliva in the old town, first time - food was great!

Money spent: 1300 flights & hotel - (220) tickets + 300

Biggest regret: Dont usual answer this but I have this time.

Not going to blue marlin for sven on friday, instead I endured a hazy hangover & a kid going riot called stanley...that name is now engraved into my memory...

Going back?: Yes, 2 booked so far for next year, clockwork in july & a week in Sep. We are looking prices just now for next oct 15th as my wife & i are 40

Top tip: try out of season, been in may & oct twice, i personally really enjoy this time as its not a bun fight & the island in stunning this time of year.

On a really last note, it really seems that every time that I go back I always encounter a similar type of attitude that which speaks a certain predominant bias and nature that always impresses me in not such a good sense. But this has made me more aware of the goodwill nature of people and who they are, which has made me understand more and more.

People are really not aware of urban lifestyles in a north american sense and often mistake very random , refined and sometimes polite statements , usually showing a bias by not giving them the appropriate weight in context. So much for love and a summer of love, I often think. However these are sporadic moments. More importantly from my perspective , I believe ibiza still holds very rural sentiments and biases that come forth with all of these perspectives. However this is natural and to be expected in a certain sense.

I also learned that we as human beings are brought closer and closer by way of economic similarities and what these enables us to do, while abroad in a vacation. That is to say, in today's world where the economy is global, certain things are moot . Sure there are social class differences and other things that arise socially. However by in large there are a lot of similarities that developed economies enable its citizens to do, which may be common and universal, not just in one setting but in another global paradigm under similar circumstances. Notwithstanding the aloofness of that sentence, however it is a stark reality that I as a human being have seen and felt. Travelling does empower you to think broadly, more globally and compare. But more importantly to feel and see things first hand and compare it to whichever way of communication you use to inform yourself.
Maybe it might be something as banal as - what does a paella taste like? (random example).

so..... you didn't get your leg over?

Dates you were there:
11 nights from Monday 25th September to Friday 6th October.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Sol House Mixed by Ibiza Rocks.
Booked the Xtra House Party Room, just to guarantee sea view. Good decision, up on 5th floor, amazing views right across to San Antonio and Café Del Mar/Café Mambo, and got the tunes from Rooftop Nine on my balcony in the evening.
Rooftop Nine Bar was great, chilled music and amazing views. Good spot late afternoon before a siesta, for the sunset, and on the way out for the night.
I’m at the age where I’m not in Ibiza just to party, so found San Antonio Bay a great place to stay. This was my 8th year visiting at this time, with only 1 break, and it was San Antonio Bay I stayed the first few times, so was nice to be back after the last couple of years around PDB.

Club nights visited:

Friday 29th September, Taste the Punch Closing at Eden (mainly for Faithless DJ set).
Sister Bliss was fantastic. Obviously, Insomnia was a moment to savour, but other memorable tunes were Open Up, KLF, and a Depeche Mode mix of Shout. There was a lot more but these were the ones stuck in my head the next day.
Got quiet after Sister Bliss, so quiet the closed upstairs.
First ever visit to Eden and really enjoyed it. Great sound wherever you were.
Wasn’t very busy, no obvious VIP, and not too many mobile phones in the air.

Sunday 1st October, Defected Closing at Eden.
Much busier night, which made it better.
Loved the music.
More obvious VIP, but not taking up the best spaces and a lot more phones on the dance floor. More obvious drug taking on the dance floor too. Only saw one group getting pulled away by bouncers though.

Wednesday 4th October, Cosmic Pineapple at Pikes.
Didn’t get there until about 10pm, so maybe missed a lot. However, found it too much of a hippy vibe even though I was expecting that.
Loved looking around Pikes, you could just feel its past.
From about 1am, everyone packed in to the back room (can’t remember what it was called, through Freddies) and that was really good from then on, lots of happy people, very friendly feeling.

Best night:
They were all fantastic, and I’d have to say Defected was the best.
Loved the tunes and much busier than Taste the Punch, but still enough space and not too packed, although I did stay in the back half of the dance floor.
Spotlight did a better review of the night than I ever could https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2017/10/spin-through-classics-close-defected-house

Worst night:
Didn’t have one, but if I have to say one, then the Saturday between the 2 nights at Eden because I had a total night off, even from bars. But actually enjoyed getting a proper rest and being fresh the next morning.

Best bar:
Bars are more my thing, so that’s why San Antonio Bay really suits me. A water taxi across the bay and a walk up to Café Del Mar or Savannah and then a leisurely walk back round the bay with a few stops was a great way to spend a day. Had good afternoons in Savannah and Café Del Mar, Ibiza Rocks Bar and Itaca on the way back, then Donnegans for a pit stop.
Nearer the hotel, afternoon and early evening beers in Millennium, and over to Mar I Pins later on was great fun. Have enjoyed Peppers 2 in previous visits here but only got a couple of evenings before they closed up for the season. BN3 was good too, but not my preference given all the bars in the area.

Best place to eat:
Was on my own so didn’t got anywhere special and generally snacked rather than any proper meals. Food at Sol House was decent. Small tapas menu at Minimal nearby, where the meatballs were probably the tastiest I’ve ever had (or I was just really hungry). Couple of nice café’s just opposite Sol House too.
There’s not a worst place to eat, but I have to mention a pizza restaurant near Bucanero and Dennegans called Ausonia. Was walking past there one evening and fancied something so went in and ordered a lasagne. I couldn’t believe it was still frozen in the middle when they served it, so won’t ever go back there and don’t recommend anyone else does. Or if you do, have a pizza and not the lasagne. The pizzas did look good.

Money spent:
Very roughly, about £1,800 on flights and hotel, and about £1,000 spending money. Plus the tickets to Eden, train to Glasgow, and hotel the night before flying. Not a cheap holiday, but loved it so worth it.

Biggest regret:
Missing too many breakfasts and not getting a chicken pitta in Ibiza Rocks Bar.
Probably not exploring the island is the only real regret. Next time!

Going back?:
Yes, will be back the same time next year, maybe a week later.
Probably back to San Antonio Bay, and maybe even Sol House again.

Top tip:
Just do what feels right at the time, and enjoy.
Try to see a sunrise as well as the sunset.
Not my tip, but best tip I used from here was to have a couple of Chupa Chups ready for any time you start to get a bit tired.
And keep visiting the Spotlight site and forums to get all the info you need.

Dates you were there:
11 nights from Monday 25th September to Friday 6th October.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Sol House Mixed by Ibiza Rocks.
Booked the Xtra House Party Room, just to guarantee sea view. Good decision, up on 5th floor, amazing views right across to San Antonio and Café Del Mar/Café Mambo, and got the tunes from Rooftop Nine on my balcony in the evening.
Rooftop Nine Bar was great, chilled music and amazing views. Good spot late afternoon before a siesta, for the sunset, and on the way out for the night.
I’m at the age where I’m not in Ibiza just to party, so found San Antonio Bay a great place to stay. This was my 8th year visiting at this time, with only 1 break, and it was San Antonio Bay I stayed the first few times, so was nice to be back after the last couple of years around PDB.

Club nights visited:

Friday 29th September, Taste the Punch Closing at Eden (mainly for Faithless DJ set).
Sister Bliss was fantastic. Obviously, Insomnia was a moment to savour, but other memorable tunes were Open Up, KLF, and a Depeche Mode mix of Shout. There was a lot more but these were the ones stuck in my head the next day.
Got quiet after Sister Bliss, so quiet the closed upstairs.
First ever visit to Eden and really enjoyed it. Great sound wherever you were.
Wasn’t very busy, no obvious VIP, and not too many mobile phones in the air.

Sunday 1st October, Defected Closing at Eden.
Much busier night, which made it better.
Loved the music.
More obvious VIP, but not taking up the best spaces and a lot more phones on the dance floor. More obvious drug taking on the dance floor too. Only saw one group getting pulled away by bouncers though.

Wednesday 4th October, Cosmic Pineapple at Pikes.
Didn’t get there until about 10pm, so maybe missed a lot. However, found it too much of a hippy vibe even though I was expecting that.
Loved looking around Pikes, you could just feel its past.
From about 1am, everyone packed in to the back room (can’t remember what it was called, through Freddies) and that was really good from then on, lots of happy people, very friendly feeling.

Best night:
They were all fantastic, and I’d have to say Defected was the best.
Loved the tunes and much busier than Taste the Punch, but still enough space and not too packed, although I did stay in the back half of the dance floor.
Spotlight did a better review of the night than I ever could https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2017/10/spin-through-classics-close-defected-house

Worst night:
Didn’t have one, but if I have to say one, then the Saturday between the 2 nights at Eden because I had a total night off, even from bars. But actually enjoyed getting a proper rest and being fresh the next morning.

Best bar:
Bars are more my thing, so that’s why San Antonio Bay really suits me. A water taxi across the bay and a walk up to Café Del Mar or Savannah and then a leisurely walk back round the bay with a few stops was a great way to spend a day. Had good afternoons in Savannah and Café Del Mar, Ibiza Rocks Bar and Itaca on the way back, then Donnegans for a pit stop.
Nearer the hotel, afternoon and early evening beers in Millennium, and over to Mar I Pins later on was great fun. Have enjoyed Peppers 2 in previous visits here but only got a couple of evenings before they closed up for the season. BN3 was good too, but not my preference given all the bars in the area.

Best place to eat:
Was on my own so didn’t got anywhere special and generally snacked rather than any proper meals. Food at Sol House was decent. Small tapas menu at Minimal nearby, where the meatballs were probably the tastiest I’ve ever had (or I was just really hungry). Couple of nice café’s just opposite Sol House too.
There’s not a worst place to eat, but I have to mention a pizza restaurant near Bucanero and Dennegans called Ausonia. Was walking past there one evening and fancied something so went in and ordered a lasagne. I couldn’t believe it was still frozen in the middle when they served it, so won’t ever go back there and don’t recommend anyone else does. Or if you do, have a pizza and not the lasagne. The pizzas did look good.

Money spent:
Very roughly, about £1,800 on flights and hotel, and about £1,000 spending money. Plus the tickets to Eden, train to Glasgow, and hotel the night before flying. Not a cheap holiday, but loved it so worth it.

Biggest regret:
Missing too many breakfasts and not getting a chicken pitta in Ibiza Rocks Bar.
Probably not exploring the island is the only real regret. Next time!

Going back?:
Yes, will be back the same time next year, maybe a week later.
Probably back to San Antonio Bay, and maybe even Sol House again.

Top tip:
Just do what feels right at the time, and enjoy.
Try to see a sunrise as well as the sunset.
Not my tip, but best tip I used from here was to have a couple of Chupa Chups ready for any time you start to get a bit tired.
And keep visiting the Spotlight site and forums to get all the info you need.
I have just packed a bag full of chupa chups. God forbid if i ever get searched on entry and they pull out 50 lollipops

Back