Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

dont feel you have to go clubbing, id one of the best times in Ibiza and we never went clubbing, so much more than the overpriced clubs especially if there's nothing you really like and feel you have to go just because you're in Ibiza.

More & more people starting to "see the light". Only did one club night in 4 trips along with an afterparty and it was enough for me. There's only so far money and time will go, and having more of both left over to do other things meant I could do all the other things I wanted to and some I never even knew I'd want to so much !!

I've only done 3 club nts in the last 21 years and a day at salinas,bhs or pikes pisses all over them.. Balearic revival me arse:) alot of older folks now seeing the light.yes.

Dates you were there: 12th-17th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Tropical San an, Cheap and cheerful - nice pool area, breakfast included with our price (if we were awake in time) great staff that helped a lot. Somebody by mistake took my suitcase from the suitcase storage while the room was getting prepared, they did everything to try and find out where it went - checking CCTV, ringing up potential guests. Long story short it came the next day, so lucky as it had all my euros in it!

Club nights visited:

Zoo project Tuesday 12th - This was OK, music was good but we were there just to chill out really, sat around the pool and chatted etc. Didn't really get busy, we left around 10:30 as we had Sankeys Do not sleep

3/5

Do not sleep Sankeys Tuesday 12th - Sankeys was great, real deep house. loved the basement feel to it and the sound system was immense. Wasn't too busy but just right tbh, guessing everyone was at resistance closing. Josh butler and Darius Syrossian were very good. Was a bit of a mess myself first night D:

4/5

Lost in Ibiza Boat party 13th Wednesday - Very fragile from the night before but had to go as Latmun was playing the boat party, my favourite DJ atm. There was a pre party at Eden with a free drink and music; this was alright. Boat party was really good and Latmun didn't disappoint and played a great set got to meet him and have a chat , seems like a sound dude. Boat was pretty busy was hard to get some room with the waves as well not helping!

4.5/5

Paradise DC10 13th Wednesday - After the boat party we had some pre drinks and headed to DC10, we had to be there before 12 due to the package but wasn't too bad. Caught the end of Latmun's set , then watch ANNA, Andrea Oliva and Patrick topping B2B Waff. The music was just my style and loved it but god damn was it packed in there, couldn't really dance at all. We stayed in the main room all night. Always with it being packed it didn't help the Ket heads sticking to you and all the wasted girls bumping into you on the dance floor. Music was great but the crowd really sucked, and waiting for that taxi killed me.

2.5/5

In the Dark Hi Ibiza 14th Thursday - Headed to Hi Ibiza for the first time, I have only been to space once and that was last year for elrow closings, But god damn I loved this night. Skream was just amazing, we didn't want to leave but we had to go to the main room and see Kolsch. This is only my 2nd time in Ibiza and not seeing many other DJs but that Kolsch set was the best ive seen. The set list and the visuals was just faultless and the crowd was amazing, everyone dancing having the best time, he had us all in his hands.

5/5

Took Friday off, thinking of going to see hot since 82 at pacha but had to rest :p

Ants Ushuaia 16th Saturday - Went to Ushuaia for the first time, I wasn't expecting much really but had a really good time. Soloardo set by the bar was great, loved it. When the main stage opened for Yousef and Joris Voorn we were pretty fair back, at the back of the main pool but had some space to dance and move. Seemed way too busy at the closer in, looked like no one was moving! Left around 11pm to make our way to elrow.

4.5/5

Elrow Amnesia 16th Saturday - Headed to Amnesia for around 12:30pm so we had some time before it got really busy, like always Elrow didn't disappoint with the visuals and performers which is why your there really! But apart from De la swing I didn't really like any other of the sets, wasn't sold on the music. We should of saw more of Alan Fitzpatrick in the main room but we just couldn't be bothered as it would of taken 30mins to get there! Still a good night and a great way to end the holiday.

4/5

Best night: In the dark at Hi

Worst night: paradise DC10 or the rest day :D

Best bar: We didn't really do many bars, we had two pre party's with open bar at Tantra before Hi and Ants which was good. Went to Mambos once, very overrated.

Best place to eat: We did a lot of fast foods which was not my choice (followed my other two friends) I do like a sit down meal, we did it once at K Vida at San An, was really good value for money and the burger I had was amazing.

Money spent: Flight/Hotel was £400, Spent around 1150 Euros

Biggest regret: Taking a whole soundcloud at sankeyso_O

Going back?: Got to save for house so not next year, will defo go again

Top tip: Shop around for tickets and get a good deal, pre book the ones you really want to do that are set in stone. Always take half :spank:

Dates you were there: 9th-23rd September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Blau park San an. Nice hotel in a good location amazed though in this day and age that things like a safe are seen as an extra but they include free gym membership to one of the fraile gyms. Hotel advertises parking but this was also extra at 9€ a day so we just park on the road never had an issue

Club nights visited:
9th September zoo project and elrow first time going to both wanted to see what all the fuss was about got to zoo early and chilled out didn't like the crowd overly everyone at the time we were thee more concerned with the way they looked than the party. Elrow was fun much preferred the main room music wasn't the best on the terrace for the first few hours.

11th circoloco first time going got there just after 2130 garden really busy had a great night due to garden being busy when gerd started it meant we could get a good spot inside before the garden shut did get very busy in the terrace but didn't effect the night really enjoyed meeting lots of random people in the garden seemed on the whole really friendly.

15th labyrinth got there for dj Harvey perfectly busy really good atmosphere on the dance floor thinned out by the time morillo came on more space to dance really enjoyed seeing him back at pacha left just after 6 and it was still going strong.

20th hyte and latroya really und coded on this night so we decided to see what deals were about in Ibiza town went to street of virgins as you can be sure someone will be dishing out free entry to latroya We were also able to get cheap tickets to hyte so decided to head there as we'd wanted to go for a while got in around 0130 and it was very quite 2 djs removed from line up in the main room as well as half the main room being closed off not sure if this is the same every week just didn't feel right VIP area curtained off as well. Even with half closed off still a lot of space to move the terrace not even half full so we have it an hour still didn't really improve so headed off to latroya really good to see it busy again place was packed out all in all a really fun night friendly atmosphere.

Best night: dc10

Worst night: hyte

Best bar: tirapalla

Best place to eat: plesantly surprised by zebra in San an. Cala gracionetta el chiringeto was nice for lunch

Money spent: a lot

Biggest regret: none

Going back?: yes but not for a few years now been going for 15 years this year with the exchange rate it just made everything that much more expensive probably cost more than our trip to Mexico for bpm at the beginning of the year really want to visit some other places will return for my 40th then in 3 years.

Top tip:if you have been going for a while aim to try something new or do something that you wouldn't normally do.

Dates you were there: 14-18 Sep (2nd visit this year)

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Es Vive, Figueretas.
This was our second time at the Es Vive this year. After a long busy season I expected everyone to be weary but the staff were wonderful as always. All the staff are just super friendly, even when sheepishly arriving back to the hotel just before breakfast! Special mentions as always to Scott their concierge and Jamie their head barman.
Their poolside menu has just the right healthy shakes & protein smoothies to restore mind & body after a night out. Their DJs (three per day) ease you through the day to restore the soul and get you in the mood for dancing again.
The SkyBar is a highlight, a rooftop haven with six foot wide beds, bar, DJ, and views to convince you that you're getting value for money.
The Experience Bar wasn't as lively as our first visit in June, but I guess it just depends on who else is at the hotel.
Breakfast is always more than enough to set you up for the say. Eat indoors or outdoors. Coffee made to order. Proper sausages. Bucks Fizz if you want it . . . and we did thank you !

Club nights visited:
15 Sep Glitterbox @ Hi - Roger Sanchez, David Morales, Greg Wilson, Horse Meat Disco, DJ Pippi, Melon Bomb
OK, so I need to write a review of Hi, and a review of Glitterbox.

Firstly, Hi. This is Hi biza - not what stood before. Security was very tight, everyone got searched, torch into the wife's handbag, fingers in every pocket. They tried to confiscate my Jelly Beans & fizzy cola bottles (all unopened packets) saying they weren't allowed but that I could keep my Chupa Chups - eventually as I pulled sweeties from every pocket, they gave up and let me pass !!!!! I learnt from the best @FallenangelGparsons
The place is all shiny & new, so that's good. There's lots of corridors to get through but they've designed the layout well to allow everyone to move around without many choke points.
The main room (theatre) is the showcase of the place and it's configured differently for each night. The sound there is a bit off though, it just lacks punch, and the levels are patchy up the front. Those VIP pods are looking down on you at all times, but I didn't get the feeling we were being watched at all.
I think the second room has more atmosphere in some ways.
The Wild Corner is just fab - I guess they we're going for something like the old Manumission days. Dancing in a toilet to Lola's Theme was a 2017 highlight for me.
The outdoor area (Magic Garden) is big and rightly so - three bars and just enough seating. It's great for those selfies for family & friends before things get messy later in the night! VIPs have their own separate outdoor area (Secret Garden) and they're welcome to it.
The bars were never really busy. It's a whopping €12 for a small water so we're all paying for the refurb of the place. I wish they had someplace to get a snack.
Tip : The toilet attendants give you 1 min before banging on the door, so go to the Wild Corner if you like to take your time.
Tip : Go around to the end of the garden to get straight into the front of the dancefloor.

Secondly, Glitterbox. We went knowing that this night wasn't going to push any musical boundaries - we knew we were getting a night of well known tunes & guilty pleasures. We also really wanted to see David Morales and Roger Sanchez. Well, they didn't disappoint. Both knew the crowd were there to have fun and they delivered 100% - Moralez ripping his shirt off and Sanchez singing along & eyeballing people in the crowd. Unlike some clubs, the dancers had space to move and they made the most of it. At one point they pulled some guys up from the crowd for a snog - all for the show. Confetti cannons did their job all night - I found the stuff in my shoe the next morning - how does that even happen? We didn't spend much time in the second room, but Horse Meat Disco were doing their thing there and everyone was loving it.
Only negative - some really drunk people there, pushing their way around.
The boss Simon Dunmore was there in the wings & I managed to get a handshake - the highlight of my night !!!!

On a more serious note, Roger Sanchez's mother died a few days later. I don't know if he knew this was imminent, but he gave 100% that night so gets my respect and prayers. https://www.instagram.com/p/BZPVtgUl6eC/?taken-by=djrogersanchez

16 Sep Zoo Project
We never made it. Sorry !!

17 Sep Defected @ Eden - Melé, Sam Divine B2B Jess Bays, Derrick Carter, Dennis Ferrer
We started off with food at Mambo's, then drinks with some Spotlighters. I'm so thankful to have met such happy, positive, funny people from Spotlight. The six of us had drinks by the sea then in Tropi before myself & the wife headed off to Eden.
So there'd been social media activity some weeks before with people saying Eden was a bad choice and they weren't filling it. The previous week then saw huge queues - maybe all wristbands. Anyway we didn't know what to expect so we arrived before 1am. Security was light but targeted as you'd expect.
The line-up changed the day before - Dennis Ferrer didn't play but Simon Dunmore stepped in and everyone just stretched out their sets. Franky Rizardo even popped up out of nowhere and played a short set - these surprises make a great night.
Lots of people on Spotlight advised to stay away from Defected saying it was too commercial, too empty, too many drunk pushy kids. It wasn't any of these. Simon Dunmore warmed it up in his usual disco house style until about 1am then it was solid banging house all night, except for the last half hour when Melé brought it back to disco house to lighten it up again. Maybe other reviewers were expecting trance or techo & were disappointed. No drunks at all, but it's true that upstairs wasn't full all night - that just made the place comfortable for everyone. The crowd was mixed ages, not as many 30's & 40's as Glitterbox but we didn't feel out of place.
Really loved seeing Sam & Jess playing B2B. They arrived on the dancefloor after their set & didn't get mobbed - I love that.
Melé surprised me. Hadn't seen him before & loved his attitude.
Production at Defected is minimal but that's all that's needed and Eden's Void Acoustics system is without equal. The outdoor area was full enough but they kept running out of beer.
The wife wanted a We Are Defected hand fan so I started blowing kisses at the dancers who had them, . . . then resorted to just begging (I've no shame whatsoever), . . . then eventually caught one left handed :)
Tip : The toilets were dirty from the start so no open shoes and please bring your own toilet paper, just in case - Eden don't have any ! :mad:

Best night:
Can't decide

Worst night:
None

Best bar:
Tropi, West End. Made me love trance again.

Best place to eat:
Bar Little, Figueretas. Freshly made tapas, friendly staff, just super chilled.

Money spent:
still counting ...

Biggest regret:
Not making it to Zoo Project.

Going back?:
June & Sep 2018
On the list so far is a boat trip to Es Vedra, Circo Loco, and finally getting to Pike's.

Top tip:
Win the lottery before travelling to Ibiza.
Commit to making new friends every day.
Formentera is paradise in Europe - don't miss it.

Last edited:
zoo project, u can even chill there if beaten...to put for ur next trip with BMI sunday , always follow the captain, last sunday one girl from my wahtsapp group, willing to go to rumors? what? go to blue marlin, she went to blue marlin and love it..

i got my Defected wavefan just askin to nice italian ticket seller on right of bora bora along opening, all tickets are same price, why do i buy my tix at ur shop? i can make u little discount for some parties (i got one for ocean beach aug) or 10€ discount for 2 tix bought (it doesnt aplly for popular parties such dc10 ones)
i want the defected wavefan on ur wall, then he gave it to me

Dates you were there: 22-25th Sept. Weekend smashup for my mates 40th.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ibiza Royal Beach PDB (via Airbnb).
Brilliant 3 bed apartment for 6 of us. Big sitting room and balcony overlooking the pools, private beach, sea.

Club nights visited:
22 Sept Glitterbox @ Hi - Basement Jaxx, Todd Terry, HMD, Joey Negro

Rolled up to Hi for the first time. Massive queue, but it was moving. On the Joey Negro guestlist. Asked for id, which I had not taken as did not want to risk losing it. They said Facebook was acceptable. Big sigh of relief. But then...name not on the list. A bit of Jedi mind tricks and they let us all in anyway. I should try that everywhere.

So I'd not been to Space, so no comment on the old vs new, but everything did seem very shiny and tidy.
Crowd seemed to be very British.

Highlight of the night was Basement Jaxx. A very well structured set, which I'm sure they have been playing all summer. The lights, lasers and pyro were fantastic and the sound was good. I was with a professional musician mate and he said with all the VIP areas it will be hard to design the sound system to be great everywhere. Joey Negro was good, with a happy, party vibe in the club room.

23 Sept Paris by night @ Pacha - Bob Sinclar, 2 many djs, Daddy's Groove

Arrived just as Daddy's Groove came on and he went for it from the off. The crowd were well up for it. Carried on filling up until the main room was rammed when 2MDjs came on. Awesome set and they had the crowd on strings. Up, down, left, right. We went where they wanted us to go. A top party night with lots of smiling faces.

Best night:
Both good, but Pacha was a top party with lots of happy folk.

Worst night:
None

Best bar:
Only bar we did was Mambo on the Sunday night.

Best place to eat:
Ibiza Sun Thai, Playa d'en Bossa. €18 for 4 courses.

Money spent:
Not counting as I don't want to know.

Biggest regret:
No regrets

Going back?:
Once I catch up on sleep. Maybe next summer with the wife and kids.

Top tip:
Smile and talk to strangers.

Being as Lumpy has posted his review I better stop slacking and do mine :lol:

Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all the spotlighters I met during this trip - you really are some top people and I hope we will meet again at some point!!

Dates you were there:
14-21 Sep - also a second visit this year!

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Florencio Hostal, San Antonio - tip, if you are a single traveller - it is worth paying extra to have a twin/double room with a balcony here!

Club nights visited:
14 Sep Cream @ Amensia - Fatboy Slim, Mark Knight - impromptu visit as I got all over excited and carried away with it being my first night (literally dumped my bags in my hotel, grabbed a quick plate of pasta and headed to Tropi to meet some fellow spotlighters). Bit of a hazy one but I do recall Fatboy having a bit more "go" in him when I went to this night back in July.

15 Sep Labyrinth @ Pacha - HS82, Erik Morillo - this was a night I didn't get to back in July, so gave it a go this time. Almost didn't make it due to feeling cold and exhausted from the previous night, but thanks to a contact in PdB and some fab spotlighters :D I found some go in me and headed there. I wasn't disappointed!! The crowd was good, it was busy but there was space to dance - loved the odd bit of 70s disco thrown in a bit earlier in the evening too!

18 Sep Cocoon @ Amnesia - Sven Vath, Nina Kraviz - WOW is the only word I have for this night. Joined a few spotlighters (aka the Nina fan club :lol:) for this one! Was slightly worried it was going to be a long night as we had guestlist tickets meaning we had to be in by 1.30a.m. - I raved from start til finish and the night was over way too quickly. Again it was busy but had no problems finding space to dance!

Best night:
Cocoon by far! Although Pacha was also decent and was nice to "glam up" a bit for a change in Ibiza from my usual shorts and flip flops look :)

Best bar:
Tropi - enough said!! :D

Best place to eat:
Ritas Cantina, San Antonio - very reasonably priced, good food and good service - pancakes with nutella and ice cream sorted me right out!!

Money spent:
Far too much.......

Biggest regret:
Going all out on the first night - a mistake I have not made in a long time!

Going back?:
Yes - no date fixed yet

Top tip:
Ice cream fixes everything!! Spend at least one day sightseeing and try to see a bit more than nightlife. Oh and don't fly Ryanair :lol: If you're going in September take a jumper :lol:

Dates you were there:

13th-20th of september (should of been the 12th but for Ryanair)

Where you stayed:

Hostal Tarba... Nice little hotel with lovely staff. Rooms small and views not great and pool area(s) not the best for sun all day but great if you like to kip in the shade. Location is this hotels major plus, close to amenities and the bus station a stones throw.

Club nights visited:

12/09: should of been Resistance closing but instead spent 6 hours at East Midlands airport :spank:

13/09: met up with @diver and his mate for drinks and then we all went to Pikes but was rather sparse so we all went to Hyte instead. Didnt stay till near the end as Loco Dice was boring us to death and i hadnt slept for nearly 48hrs:eek:. Good night though meeting and chatting etc

14/09: Afterlife, again with @diver and his pal who randomly appeared out of a cab next to us as we were walking to the front of the club. Good music and a good night, could of been a great night had my missus not dampened my mood by just not being a huge fan of ToU. Stayed till gone 6 but wasnt ready to leave :spank:

15/09: friends were arriving around midnight and Labryinth was on the agenda, but a combination of me not really feeling the Lineup and my mate turning up pretty steaming i opted to swerve and instead we went to Hush off the westend. Cheap night (much needed) and had a good laugh to be honest.

16/09: drinking all day and then got to Zoo project around 7pm. Few chilled drinks then abit of mingling and dancing. Pretty decent. Taxi queue for about 10:45, then back to room for girls to chsnge then Bus to Bossa... Mates wanted to see Hi :rolleyes: but i knew they wouldnt like the music and once id seen Carl Craig not playing i didnt think i would either so we opted for Tribal sessions at Sankeys instead. The music was pretty good actually and had a good time in a not very busy Spektrum. Night came to an unfortunate end as a group of lads decided they quite fancied a scrap so tried their best in provoking me and my mate. 1 would try it on with our birds right in front of us whilst the other 3 stood in anticipation. My mates a boxer but he just wanted out and we headed back to San An to ironically watch the boxing....

17/09: again on the beer all day, this time round the pool then headed to Ibiza town for a nice meal, followed by a cab to Destino for Rumors and Cassy. Wow... i was really impressed and for free! Pricey but we only had a couple of drinks each and a dance. Left around 11-11:30 for a quick drink in Ibiza town then onto Underground For Renaat and Maceo... I loved this club instantly from driving up to walking in. Our missus chatted in the garden whilst we danced in the club, the techno was thumping when it reached the dreaded time we had to leave as friends had early flight (my mates missus was pretty bladdered too which didnt help the situation). This was about 4am and i wasnt happy ;)

18/09: friends had gone and by now my body was in a bad way, my stomach/liver area was really swollen but i had Cocoon to go to that night (DC10 was a write off, money and health wise). I was in real bad pain and couldnt sleep and i wasnt getting better. The thought of missing Cocoon was really draining me but we went for food (i was forced) and during this my missus took a turn for the worse off her Sangria whereas my painkillers were kicking in. Off to the shop i went, the missus got chocolate for bed and i got Strongbow :lol:. Back in the room and i was having second thoughts about going slone and the condition i was in but a brief txt chat with @lee111s convinced me i was doing the right thing. Got to Cocoon just after 1am, and listened to all of Sven only leaving my spot to get a beer. Half an hour of Illario and then onto Nina for 1hr 30. Left around 6am as the bass from the main room was aggrevating my already painful abdomen. Top night though

19/09: our last night... went for a superb meal and then not being in our nature to waste our last night we headed to Sankeys for D.N.S... we arrived really early just after 12 as we knew it wouldnt be a late one with checkout in the morning etc and wanting to catch a little sun at last. Sankeys was packed by 2am. Was typical tech house in the basement early on which i got bored of but the lab opened at 1am i think and we stayed there for Boxia's set which was decent. Left after 3am ish as the club became difficult to navigate especially as my missus was pissed as a fart. Certainly glad we went though.

Best night:

Cocoon... even in the condition i was in. The music and the fact i was on my own and could do what i please really suited me. Afterlife and certainly Underground for Maceo could of edged it had circumstances been different.

Worst night:

Not applicable in Ibiza as far as im concerned.

Best bar:

Probably Itaca, my first time in there and returned a few times for some pre club Vodka redbulls

Best place to eat:

'Tapas' restaurant in San An, my missus is the food lover and she loved it. Props to @diver for reminding me to go mid trip.

Money spent:

£720 for 2 on flights and hotel + additional £220 on having to book a new flight.
Around £2000 spends for the both of us.

Biggest regret:

Not being able to stay till the death on a couple of occasions when i was really enjoying the night.

Going back:

100%... hopefully as soon as the 11th of October if all goes to plan.

Top tips:

If planning on arriving at events earlyish then take advantage of the guestlists that numerous parties offer, just search facebook or install an app called 'TG Ibiza' which has guestlist for alot of the clubs and their different parties.
Whenever possible use the bus/party bus to get around. Weve always used cabs solely but this time using bus and the odd cab saved us a small fortune, and was a decent laught on the party bus to boot.
Always have your wits about you when walking through lively areas. My missus and her mate were almost robbed by pickpockets in PDB across the road from Coco's but they luckily rumbled them before they could get anything. Good job for those scrotes that me and my mate were 20ft infront:spank:

P.S Apologies if ive waffled, never wrote a review before :D

Last edited:
Dates you were there:

9-23 September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

My apartment in Portinatx

Club nights visited:

Acid Sundays closing Party @Las Dalias

Best night:

Like every year, the party @el chiringuito del Puerto de Portinatx, with just La Familia de Portinatx (plus Amp and Deck for a couple of beer ;)
)
Worst night:
?

Best bar:
Chiringuito del Puerto de Portinatx of course...

Best place to eat:
Cala Xucla.
The fresh ibicenco calamares were fantastic.
Also very well surprised bye Restaurante Playa in Cala San Vicente, looks like a tourist trap but finally the real ibicenco classic fish restaurant, service absolutely perfect and great fresh fish from the zone... Lovely.
Money spent:
Around 2000€

Biggest regret:
Not enough time to meet all the people we wanted to, Stivi and Balearic Joe for example :(

Going back?:

Next stop April 18...

Top tip:

Please support the last 100% ibicencos places like Xucla or El chiringuito, the real spirit of the island is here, not in all these fancy places where you are just a wallet on 2 legs...

13/09: ... Pikes ... Hyte.
14/09: ... Afterlife
15/09: ... Hush off the westend
16/09: ... drinking all day ... Zoo project ... back to room for girls to chsnge then ... Tribal sessions at Sankeys.
17/09: again on the beer all day ... Destino for Rumors and Cassy ... quick drink in Ibiza town then onto Underground For Renaat and Maceo.
18/09: ... I was in real bad pain and couldnt sleep and i wasnt getting better ... Got to Cocoon just after 1am ... left around 6am as the bass from the main room was aggrevating my already painful abdomen.
19/09: ... not being in our nature to waste our last night we headed to Sankeys for D.N.S.

Your stamina is the stuff of legends. I bow to you.

Scott is a character alright.. did he move into.the apartment behind hotel yet..?
I love this place, Shame not staying there this year, but always pay the place a visit in October to meet an American couple who stay every year. And the experience bar is s great place to hang out in the early hours.

Back