Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

So let me get this straight? Your holidays are without booked hotels or apartment?
the answer is to chill out at bar/beach...i felt asleep in car, 3 times otherwise always on the run , because of the driving to bring back mates to san an, as other mates's flat were in PDB (Jet/tivoli,bossa flow,Lei ibiz figueretas, llobet (don't recommand this one),i even discard mexican girl's offer, to sleep at her flat :p

u miss some events that worth such sol house with dj spen karizma/zoo project/woomoon..

Don't blame on me i put u on free gueslist to game over after party and u forgot to refresh ur mailbox
(data network is bad at zoo such as many place in ibz (salinas, la torre , Es vedra)
i tried to put on glitterbox guestlist & i told u to make the more contacts u can on this board as hangin solo is not fun at ALL

the answer is Free/discount Gueslist and no much booze at bars , co sharing & fair mates

ps:ibz 13 i asked 10€ for both 2 spotlight for a trip to punta arabi & Sa trinxa, i guess i was so nice :rolleyes: , 4€ went to hippy Parking..

co sharing=>
yes i got nice mates that have always a sofa free, or twin bed..
i used to rent airbnb until year 2016, but sleeping only 2-4h max, losing 1-2 h to find paying P place, waking 9h00 am to move the car from payin place & so on..
as i need only 3h sleep max a waist of time to rent a flat (money for aug as price is x2x3, not such as opening closing where price are fine)

for the few thinking, hey this guy want to save money on location, taking advantage of other people ..

not really, it just a choice and im more into using my money such as giving 900€ last week to a friend that struggle to pay rent food raise kid.

Life is not ,just to PARTY
you don't know me..

Dates you were there: 3rd Sept - 7th Sept. Last minute trip, only booked 2 weeks ago due to serious FOMO...
Where you stayed (resort/hotel): THB Naceo (San An Bay). Refurbed this year, more expensive than we would normally pay but enjoyed the nicer atmosphere and setting compared to usual San An suspects.

Club nights visited: Hi Sundays
Circo Loco
Resistance

Best night: Circo Loco - I just love it. As good as my first trip in 2015. 8 hours in there flew by, top line up across all rooms. Perfectly busy. Absolutely brilliant. To be honest all nights were really good, almost equally.

Worst night: Hi Sundays. We did this as we wanted to see Hi and nothing else on Sunday really took our fancy. We didn't have the best prep for our trip having been out till 7am in London on the Friday night, and then pulling an all nighter on Saturday night before going to the airport so this seemed like an option we didn't mind spending a bit of money on. I thought the sound system in both rooms was pretty poor, and the main room was far too small. We got in just after 1am and the theater was rammed, it got better towards 3am but I think they've played it too safe with the size. Club room was quite good with Felix Da Housecat and Mambo Brothers but music was basically greatest house / tech house tunes from the last 12 months. Also wasn't that busy and no-one in VIP which takes up too much space. I was prepared to give Hi benefit of the doubt but some changes needed and would need to be a big line up for me to go back I think. Also security barging through the Theater dance floor every 15 mins gets very annoying... That said I don't think I've ever seen so many groups of girls in an Ibiza club so they must be doing something right.

Best bar: Didn't do too many really, but Golden Buddha for drinks - but definitely not for food (90 min wait !)

Best place to eat: K Vida in San An. We felt like we wanted something pretty simple and quick before Resistance and this hit the spot. Not noticed it before but its near Rios and Ritas and the food was really good and decent value.

Money spent:
Not worked it out yet but I think around £800 potentially. With a marathon session in Circo Loco and needing to drink to get through Hi it was a very expensive trip as we drank way more than normal.

Biggest regret:
The heavy weekend before going to Ibiza. We were OK on nights out but the earliest we woke up was 2pm each day meaning we did very little. Also would have liked an extra day / night to do some exploring. It was a short trip and we knew it would be night out heavy but felt I missed out quite a lot.

Going back?:
Of course !

Top tip: For alcohol drinkers, shots in DC10 are only 5eur which in the Ibiza scheme of things is exceptional value...!

i was settled to the neighbor of Kvida,a local restaurant, i saw some girls eating pizza at Kvida ,not my kind of food when in ibz..
Hi on a sunday..u were motivated...
di u stay until the end at dc10? what time 5h00am or 8h00am is the end?

i was settled to the neighbor of Kvida,a local restaurant, i saw some girls eating pizza at Kvida ,not my kind of food when in ibz..
Hi on a sunday..u were motivated...
di u stay until the end at dc10? what time 5h00am or 8h00am is the end?

Mixed menu, some pasta, pizza, burger, grilled meats. Nice atmosphere...
It was our only chance to see Hi and was nearly half the price of Pacha which when we weren't sure if we were going to last past 4am seemed better value for money.
We got to DC10 at 9pm, left at about 5am !

as i need only 3h sleep max a waist of time to rent a flat (money for aug as price is x2x3, not such as opening closing where price are fine)

If you're out there only to party hard it really is a waste of money paying for a hotel / apartment, had so many short trips where I either didn't check in to the hotel I prepaid or checked in and only returned to collect the stuff I'd left behind in the room ! With a car charger for phone/ipad you can get away without a room pretty easily. For sleeping on the beach or somewhere, just lock up your money and valuables in the car and bury the key in the ground somewhere nearby so if you pass out and anyone tries to rob you there's nothing to take and nothing to lose.

It's a long time to go out with no fixed abode though - would definitely keep you on your dancing toes :lol: Thankfully the policia in Ibiza don't get upset when they see you sleeping in a car - in UK they would haul you out for a drink and drugs test most likely ! I remember once waking up in the car on the road to Cala Gracio with the window down and a police car pulled up alongside calling to me. Thought I was in for a 'questioning' but they just wanted to tell me I had left my lights on ! :lol:

Dates you were there: 30.08.2017 - 08.09.2017

Where you stayed: Massive Finca on AirBnB, between San Miguel and San Mateu

Club nights visited: Acid sunday, Ibiza Sonica at Kumharas,

Best night: Acid Sunday, really nice and chilled crowd, polite locals and well behaved tourists, good music, reasonable drink prices, perfect open air venue and lit decorations.

Worst night: worst experience: eating at Sa Trinxa and beeing served by some weird and useless long haired waiter, he must have been on bad drugs.

Best bar: Kumharas

Best place to eat: La Luna nell Orto, San Miguel

Money spent: 10 Nights = 1400.00 (Finca for 6-8 ppl) and about 1700.00 jolly money

Biggest regret: Eating at Sa Trinxa

Going back?: Yes sure, maybe in october otherwise next Mai/June

Top tip: Kumharas,

Dates you were there: 4-Sep to 9-Sep, 2017

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Ebano Apartments

Club nights visited: (yes, really...)
Monday: Circoloco @ DC-10
Tuesday: Garden of Madness Closing @ Ushuaïa, Together @ Amnesia
Wednesday: Limited Edition @ Ushuaïa, Armin van Buuren @ Hï Ibiza
Thursday: Martin Garrix @ Ushuaïa, Cream @ Amnesia
Friday: Connect Ibiza Boat Party, Trance Family Unite @ Eden

Best night: Thursday -- not only had a great time as always with friends at Cream, but also ended up meeting some cool German guys at Ushuaïa and we ended up playing beer pong on the beach under the near-full moon for an hour or two in between the shows. One of those unique Ibiza memories.

Worst night: none really -- I wouldn’t have missed any of them (though Armin van Buuren @ Hï Ibiza was almost unbearably rammed that night; definitely took away a bit from the fun)

Best bar: Tropi -- it was the beginning of Ibiza Trance Event, so the place was hopping and I had a great time meeting people

Best place to eat: Passion Cafe -- healthy meal there almost every day keeps me going

Money spent: :eek:

Biggest regret: Spending too much of my energy seeing Hardwell at Ushuaïa, and then not having enough left to properly enjoy time with the cute guy I met while seeing Armin later that night. ;)

Going back?: Next year -- can’t wait!

Top tip: Be sure your phone / alarm clock is properly plugged in when going to bed the night (or morning) before your flight home! I plugged mine into the wrong cable when I got home at 5:30a, and woke up sometime the next day to find it completely dead. I was very lucky -- I happened to wake up at almost exactly the time my alarm should have gone off, but it was ten minutes of sheer panic until I could find something that would turn on and tell me the time.

P.S. Don’t post beautiful pics of Ibiza to Facebook with snarky comments like “Would be a shame if I missed my flight and I had to stay here a few more days.” Karma is a bitch.

wot was price of Ebano? it was 80€ closing 16 from end sept , splitted by 2, 40€ by day by people :cool:
Boss dream a nice flat ive spotted in playa dem bossa (we were 2 but u can fit with 4) has increase from 100€ a day to 200€ in 3 years :eek:, 400€ i guess in august :D

wot was price of Ebano? it was 80€ closing 16 from end sept , splitted by 2, 40€ by day by people :cool:

It was nowhere close to that cheap in early September -- around 250€ :eek: per night at that time of year. But it was a nice, spacious room with a pool view, and making the trip from America I wanted to be sure I didn't end up some place dodgy where I couldn't sleep well. For me, doing 10+ hours of parties a day means I also need 7+ hours of good sleep to make it to the next one! And an easy location so it's quick to get to most places.

holly shit, we got a great deal last year, with pool view on 1rst floor...the price u had are more july/august prices :confused:
250€ a night check Bossa Dream next time as for same price, far far Comfy...1km above on the road to Figueretas...
Bossa flow is close to Ebano too, less comfy if u are 2 as 1 twin bed.

Dates you were there: 11th - 18th July

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Mare Nostrum - Although not the greatest hotel in the world, all-inclusive saved us an extortionate amount of cash. Water-Polo against the Germans guests was a laugh and helped to sooth the comedown - Food wasn't the greatest but with alcohol included, must have saved us £300 each for the week.

Club Nights Visited (Ranked in Enjoyment preference order):

Pure Carl Cox @ Privilege - FANTASTIC FANTASTIC .. OH YES OH YES .... Walking into Privilege was my first Ibiza experience had me wondering how this place is not at the top of the scale with Ibiza nights. The club on arrival walking along the pathway is picturesqueness, looking and feeling like a fortress for party people. The sound system was spine-tingling and everybody in the crowd were real 'clued-up' clubbers creating an excellent vibe. Really enjoyed Joseph Capriati set before-hand, first time seeing Carl Cox he's a performer who brings an energy to the night like no other I've experienced. Unlike the second week judging by reviews, the club was perfectly busy with room to manoeuvre and dance, I was in and out of the toilet in seconds and plenty of space in the smoking area. Honestly was the best clubbing experience I have witnessed and could have lasted until 8/9am. Really hope Privilege step up their game next summer and host more residencies/big nights as it was my favourite club on the island, sad to think if it wasn't for Cox's date I wouldn't have experienced it.

Cream @ Amnesia - Being with a large group of relatively young clubbers (22) a few of my friends are into EDM, I'm a trance fan too so this was the perfect night for us. The Amnesia Terrace is a great room and whatever people think of Hardwell, he had the room bouncing and everybody around me was really having an amazing time. I normally find Above & Beyond pretty boring to watch live being a bit 'too emotional' but I surprisingly enjoyed their set. Cosmic Gate to end the night suited more of my trance tastes dropping 00's classics which I affiliate with Ibiza. I always find a good quality vibe at Trance events, enhanced by the fact when I lost my phone dancing, 5-10 people around me helped to look for it and someone a few yards in front found it with a torch on his phone. The mix between young/old, edm/trance, terrace/main room and the brilliant club which is Amnesia combine to make a fantastic event at Cream, I hope this night continues for the foreseeable future.

Elrow @ Amnesia - Musically I didn't find was the greatest, the tech-house sound I can sometimes find a little boring at times, had to become under the influence to get more into the vibe. However, the Elrow spectacle is phenomenal; the design of the room, confetti and characters bouncing around created a psychedelic experience under the influence which took me to another world creating an experience I never encountered at any other event. I cannot help but feel that a second visit to Elrow wouldn't live up to first time as it would lose the 'wow factor,' saying this it was a great show and a night on the island which cannot be missed for first-timers.

Armin Van Buuren @ Hi - This is with no promotion to Hi that this night is middle-ranked, as I endured problems with the club visiting again later in the week. The light-show and production for Armin was spot on, the best on the island and probably the best of any club I have visited. Armin played 50/50 Trance sounds against EDM which was a surprise and much different to his festival main stage sets. I really respect Armin for his dedication to trance music over two decades and I hope his Ibiza success continues. At 5am, Vini Vinci took to the decks and the 'casual' fans cleared out, the vibe was a darker one and the set was energetic and bass-pounding. Psy-trance has grown over the last few years and these guys can help to promote trance to our generation who were enjoying a totally different sound to the tech/house favoured in Ibiza.

Diynamic @ DC10 - Would have undoubtedly been higher, as DC10 is a club I appreciate as one of the best on the island. A dark and soulful vibe creating the perfect club for a techno atmosphere. However, with the garden not open and Solomun playing on the terrace, this was the only night I found a little too busy to find a decent area to dance. Adding to the fact I wasn’t under the influence and it seemed as it 95% of people in there was, I regret not being able to settle. First time seeing Solomun I was impressed, he’s breaks, drops and funky-tech sound was one I found myself lost in; I would like to experience his +1 show at Pacha (hopefully not as busy!).

Defected @ Eden – One of our group is a deep-house enthusiast so thought we would visit a new club in Eden too just ahead of Abode @ Sankeys. The club is much larger than imagined, we stood on the dancefloor at the very front and the sound was excellent. My only criticism is I feel Eden is similar to a club you would find in England, feeling like I was in Essex rather than Ibiza. Deep house isn’t exactly my love and some of the sets were predictable, this was our deep-house friend’s best night so if you enjoy that sound you won’t be disappointed.

Martin Garrix @ Hi - Wanted to go to Cocoon/Circooloo but after three tech-parties the group’s logic was to visit some EDM with girls we had met. Hardwell wasn’t as bad as expected and the harder-EDM sound such as Third Party, W&W and Sander Van Doorn is a sound I can tolerate. Garrix was nothing like this, he would drop an RnB rap song with a trap drop and play ten seconds of one song before mixing into another without letting the song develop. No sense of a journey and was difficult to get into his vibe. The crowd was the worst I has experienced, no one seemed to be there for the music and at one point, staring at this mystery guest in VIP taking photos of him for a good twenty minutes. The VIP dropped a drink right behind us and caused a group to move – was a night the VIPs bothered me and killed the vibe. This night put me off Hi as a club as wouldn’t rush to return, was the only night I didn’t enjoy.

Best Bar – Didn’t visit many bars as our hotel was all inclusive, the strip in San Antonio is very cheap and has a better range of bars to Bossa. I would consider staying in San Antonio next time as I felt was a much better vibe to pre-drink and easy to meet new people along the strip.

Money Spent – Flight & Hotel - £650 + Spending Money £650 + Pre-booked Tickets £200 = £2,500

Biggest Regret - Wanted to visit as many of the clubs/main events in Ibiza on our first trip. Rolling in at 7am every morning we didn’t make it to Zoo Project or Ushuaia. I have since been to Creamfields and witnessed Marco Carola for the first time who I thought was absolutely outstanding. After listening to Carola's set I slowly find myself evolving into the Techno sound from Trance. Massively regret not visiting Music On, is a night I definitely want to experience on my next visit.

Top Tip – Donald Trump pills are very clean and good quality, however they are extremely strong. I would recommend only taking half at first to see how you react! Taking a full one nearly blew my head off, was extremely intense!

Going Back – Would love too next year - unfortunately my friends are favouring Tomorrowland as it’s a case of doing all the major ‘rave’ destinations. If returning next year I may only do a 4 day trip, the week killed my stamina and was feeling the effects by day four. I love the island and still have plenty of years left to rave in the white isle.

Dates you were there: 8th to 14th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Aparthotel La Sirena -San Antonio Bay

Club nights visited: None unless you count Pikes on Saturday night but we spent the full night outside drinking and chatting away

Best night: N/A

Worst night: N/A

Best bar: Bay Bar /Golden Buddha

Best place to eat: El Carmen Restaurant - Cala D'Hort and Elements - Benirras

Money spent: Too Much

Biggest regret: Not going to Kumharas and Formentara but only so much you can cram in a few days

Going back?: Yes for sure

Top tip: Go to Benirras especially on Sundays and Es Vedra, in all the times ive been to Ibiza this was the first time i went and im delighted i did, absolutely stunning, first time not going clubbing, nothing really took my fancy since Dance 88/89 finished and missed Clockwork Orange but it's just too hot in July and August, dont feel you have to go clubbing, id one of the best times in Ibiza and we never went clubbing, so much more than the overpriced clubs especially if there's nothing you really like and feel you have to go just because you're in Ibiza.

Going Back – Would love too next year - unfortunately my friends are favouring Tomorrowland as it’s a case of doing all the major ‘rave’ destinations. If returning next year I may only do a 4 day trip, the week killed my stamina and was feeling the effects by day four. I love the island and still have plenty of years left to rave in the white isle.

To be fair mate, Tomorrowland is wicked and there is a lot of very good techno/tech house stages. You can pretty see much see most of the big DJs from a week in Ibiza that weekend in Tomorrowland. Not the same as Ibiza but one of the best festivals in the world IMO... I've been 4 times

Dates you were there: Monday 11th September - Thursday 14th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Hotel Garbi, d'en Bossa. Stayed here several times before. Perfectly clean, staff great and a good location for getting to Ibiza Town, DC10 and the airport.

Club nights visited: DC10 on Monday and Priv on Tuesday for Resistance Closing

Best night: Both nights were brilliant. DC never fails and dancing in the garden in the sun at 6/7pm is wonderful. Also great to see Priv back up and running, a right throwback and although the same problems with queues are still there and have been for years, it was still an excellent night.

Worst night:

Best bar: Beach bar at Cala d'en Serra. Probably visited better bars in Ibiza Town but the setting here is wonderful. The name of the bar escapes me though! Walk down is fine but we parked at the very top of the hill and I was knackered by the time we got back up. Don't do this walk in the middle of the day after doing DC10, powering through Tuesday then doing Priv on Tuesday night. Other than that a lovely place to visit.

Best place to eat: Had lunch at the Jockey Club on Monday when we arrived and it was lovely. That was probably the only real meal I ate as was grabbing bits and pieces in bars as we went.

Money spent: Irrelevant as I had such a good time.

Biggest regret: Leaving and going back to work.

Going back?: Absolutely

Top tip: If going from the UK, your money goes nowhere near as far as it once did, met loads of younger folk who hadn't budgeted correctly and were in financial woe after a few nights. I was probably the same when I was younger but even now I'm older and have a better job etc the exchange rate can be crippling.

Dates you were there: 16th September - 23rd September

Where you stayed hotel/resort : vista al Puerto apartments San antonio bay.

Club nights visited: Tuesday 19th do not sleep @ sankeys, Wednesday 20th paradise @ DC10

Best night: all nights were good but maybe meeting darius syrossian on the Tuesday night will be hard to top.

Worst night: n/a

Best bar: peppers in San antonio bay, I also like Mar I pins in they bay and itaca

Best place to eat: relish in San antonio bay was probably the best, ate in one of the restaurants in talamanca bay on the beach front was good also and peppers did pretty good burgers!

Money spent: about 1600

Biggest regret: going home

Going back : definitely next year hopefully do 2 or more though I done a week at a time this time one trip next year will definitely be for 3/4 nights
Top tip: I'll leave that for other people to do

Dates you were there: 9-14 Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartamentos El Rey (Portinatx) and Pepitas (Salinas)

Club nights visited: Mercury Rising

Best night: Mercury Rising - one of the best nights I've been to in 25 years

Worst night: the flight back

Best bar: el puerto chiringuito (Portinatx)

Best place to eat: Sidreria Poma (eivissa)

Money spent: let's not even go there

Biggest regret: not spending more time North

Going back?: for sure

Top tip: ignore doomsday merchants - still so much to discover provided you do the research and talk to right people

Back