Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2017

OD I think unless she just had a bad reaction to something. She was absolutely f***ed. Had all on trying to keep her conscious. We eventually got her off the bus and into an ambulance at the station. I presume the paramedics fixed her.
Good on you for helping her out. Someone's daughter or sister at the end of the day, and lying around San Antonio unconscious isn't going to end well.

Good on you for helping her out. Someone's daughter or sister at the end of the day, and lying around San Antonio unconscious isn't going to end well.
Cheers. I'd like to think most would. Unfortunately we all know some would take advantage. As a seasoned Ibiza visitor I shouldn't be surprised to find A very young woman on her own in that state on a bus and without their friends at 7pm on a Monday evening. I guess as you get older you just realise how sad it is. She was so far gone I couldn't even work out her nationality or what language she spoke.

Dates you were there: 31st Aug - 2nd Sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Apartamentos Panoramic, Figueretas - I stayed there with my wife a few years back and was a bit disappointed with the changes. The hotel is ok, staff nice enough, but previously the pool area had some low volume, downtempo stuff playing music wise which was ideal for a bit of sunbathing. This time it was full volume from midday onwards, a right mish mash of cheesy house, pop and bad Reggae.....not ideal when you've got a room facing the pool and you've only crawled in a few hours earlier.

Club nights visited: Solid Grooves, Afterlife and Heart Beat

Best night: Enjoyed all of them. This was my first clubbing visit in a decade so was interested to see how Ibiza held up against Croatia and Berlin.
We hadn't been to Benimussa Park so that was a new experience. Probably my favourite for consistency of music. Not sure who the 'Very Special Guest' was though, and I think it finished an hour early, although I was a bit wobbly at that point.
Afterlife was good, I'm not really into the harder stuff so found it hard going towards the end, Mathew Jonson was the highlight for me.
We winged it a bit with Heart Beat, we were drinking in Ibiza Town and it was local and another club we'd not visited. Pleasantly surprised, considering the location the crowd were pretty up for it. Sneak was great, I found Wally Lopez a bit dull, generic Ibizan house. Luis Bonias Bias excellent. As I've often experienced, the lesser known DJ rocks the most.

Worst night: The night we flew over....see biggest regret.

Best bar: Bar Little Ibiza, Figueretas - Went to a few bars in PDB....shocked by the place now. It's been a good few years since I last visited and we were in and out within an hour. It's turning into Benidorm with all the building. Probably an age thing too, we ranged from mid 30's to mid 40's and what we liked in our younger days doesn't always hold true now.
Bar Little is a small bar that does decent food and drink at reasonable prices (Salmon, avocado and cream cheese ciabatta, coffee, orange juice + 2 beers for 15 euros each including tip). By no means a party bar but it was our go to place for our visit.

Best places to eat: The aforementioned, Soleado and Pizza & Cafe, all Figueretas. Porto Sale, Ibiza Town

Money spent: The card transactions are still coming through, around 800 euros all in I'd imagine

Biggest regret: Not fitting in Ibiza Underground on Wednesday night Thursday morning. Our plane was delayed for 4 hours, which meant we didn't get to our accomodation until 4am.

Going back?: Yep, with the wife next year, and possibly the lads I went with for another 3 nighter.

Top tip:
Wristbands were being handed out outside Solid Grooves which got us entrance to Afterlife for 15 euros rather than 40.

Also, be careful with the beans.... there were some pretty fierce ones in circulation. Worth dipping your toes rather than diving in head first.

Might do a full review later, but if I do it will just be select dates!

Dates you were there:
July 6th- 21st
Where you stayed: Hotel Don Pepe from 6th to 14th, Marco Polo 2 from 14th- 21st (both in San Antonio)
Club Nights Visited: Christ...Cream, Music On, Ants, Black Coffee, Rumors, Solomon + 1 (X2), Cocoon X2, Eric Prydz, Afterlife, Diynamic takeover at DC-10, Pete Tong Sessions, Pure Cox, Game Over at Benimussa, Wax Da Jam...I can't believe I did all these nights. They were overwhelming as they sound...after 5 days it does start to take a toll.
Best nights: I'm gonna get some flack for this, but I'm gonna say Prydz. I had high expectations with Prydz, Kolsch, and Yotto on the lineup and they all delivered. The lighting was great as expected from all that I saw. There was room to move around but still busy, but yeah club room was light on numbers. Solomun + 1 nights, my second Cocoon date, Afterlife, Black Coffee and Music On all deserve honourable mentions. Just that Hi edged them out with the production and the type of proggy melodic tech music I liked.
Worst nights: Don't shoot me ...but I'm gonna say Wax Da Jam with Nightmares on Wax B2B with Seth Troxler at Las Dalias. It was my last night too. I appreciated the 70s disco vibe and cheap drinks but there weren't many highs and lows in the set, it was pretty flat. I just couldn't get into to it. There were a couple of pushy people too, very unnecessary. But the crowd was a bit different and people kept pointing at my Aaron Rodgers #12 t-shirt (Let's go Green Bay Packers!) and I got into a conversation about the NFL with a Spanish dude. I just didn't think think it was worth the taxi cab ride there and back PLUS cover from Ibiza Town. It was very expensive, I think 30 EUR at least one way. And I dont think Seth was very serious about this set. The guy had his shirt half open and kept walking around, looking wrecked. He did DJ, but still.

Best Bar: Hmm..I dunno maybe Hostal La Torre? I didn't do too many bars, unless you're gonna count the West End with Highlander and Pure which I managed to try out more fully this time. I also went to Red Cafe...had a quaint Bloody Mary there at like 5 Eur. I guess it would have to be Hostal La Torre...just a bitch to get to, but it's a very nice relaxing environment with an older mature crowd and the sunset view is to die for...it's better than CDM, Cafe Mambo or even Sol House. Drinks aren't too bad either there price wise.

Best Places to Eat: Damn man...didn't try out anything new from my last trip except for KFC and Pizza Hut..and this new takeaway Thai place, Take a Thai or something, OH and Flaherty's. So that means i went to Casa Thai twice, Es Noray in Ibiza Port ummm...Big Fatso's for breakfast, Ibiza Rocks Bar, Davids, a lot of repeats from my trip last year. I basically only ate once a day, twice if I was lucky. If I had to choose a place, I would say Casa Thai. The same workers work there from years past and it's always nice seeing some familiar faces year after year. I feel good about that! And the food is obviously solid. Flaherty's was great too! Hearty portion sizes at decent prices, had fish and chips with mashed peas and garlic bread. Food was great, just a little on the salty side.

Money spent: Between $7 and 8,000 Canadian dollars

Biggest regret: Missing the free Hernan Cattaneo and Nick Warren party at KM 5. I hyped this party up a lot but was too tired to go out all the way there on the day of, and just "settled" for Cocoon at night.
Also, not getting up early to see Formentera better this year. I did manage to do one new beach, but the day trip overall could have been much much better.
-also, not going up to the northern part of the island. The constant partying meant that I couldn't get up early enough to do these day trips.
-heading home, despite feeling like I had enough, it hits you when you're back.

Going back? Probably. This place is an addiction and I can't let go. Dunno why I waited so long except maybe I was scared of looking at the prices but booking early can make you save.

Top tip: Bus outside Privilege back to San An in the morning exists! It's just that the driver passes by a few times for some reason. If you wait it out, you'll get a driver of a bus that'll take you back. f*** the taxi and the illegal ones especially
-I can't think of more

15th Year and 15th visit to my magical island. This time with my girlfriend who was visiting for the first time.

Dates you were there:28th Aug to 3rd Sep

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):sanfora San Antonio. After staying all over the island we settled for something nice and easy, cheap and central. Hotel was sound

Club nights visited: just the one, Sasha and Digweed at Privilege

Best night: Privilege. It was simply incredible. Great to see an amazing club back with a Bang. And seeing my heros in there was something I'll never forget

Worst night: no bad nights in Ibiza

Best bar: did all the old favs. Tropi, Bora Bora, CDM, Mambo, golden Buddha, Ibiza rocks, Tulp, Itaca. But as we were close to the orange corner we used that a bit. Good food, amazing cocktails and all quality prices. First bar I used in 2003 and will always speak highly of it.

Best place to eat: great meal in Kasbah

Money spent:1000 between us

Biggest regret: nothing really. Maybe not doing Cream as I always visit but we crammed so much into our time that I have no regrets

Going back?: in July next year

Top tip: use buses and boats and see the island. I've done the constant partying and it's great but see the Island. In 5 days we did dalt Vila, Ibiza town, figueretas, PDB, Cala gracio, Cala gracioneta, Cala conta. Boat out to Cala Salada.

Another amazing trip after 3 years of 4 trips with best mate, Stag Do and 2 visits on my own. This was a perfect little Ibiza break. Now the Mrs wants to go back

to @Nobbie Q

Big spender bro, i spend 1/3 ur money and did x3 parties :D

las dalias is far, even with car i struggle to get there at night :lol: how much for single an return? 60€

u just miss zoo project and Woomon among best ibiz experince and Elrow at amnesia too
and for exploration ur pic at Es Vedra with a good paella, Sa trinxa/Jockey club chill out time

Last edited:

Worst nights: Don't shoot me ...but I'm gonna say Wax Da Jam with Nightmares on Wax B2B with Seth Troxler at Las Dalias. It was my last night too. I appreciated the 70s disco vibe and cheap drinks but there weren't many highs and lows in the set, it was pretty flat. I just couldn't get into to it. There were a couple of pushy people too, very unnecessary. But the crowd was a bit different and people kept pointing at my Aaron Rodgers #12 t-shirt (Let's go Green Bay Packers!) and I got into a conversation about the NFL with a Spanish dude. I just didn't think think it was worth the taxi cab ride there and back PLUS cover from Ibiza Town. It was very expensive, I think 30 EUR at least one way. And I dont think Seth was very serious about this set. The guy had his shirt half open and kept walking around, looking wrecked. He did DJ, but still.

not shooting you but did wonder why you went? sounds like Seth was the weak link. Nightmares on Wax are old pros, passionate about their music and who only have a very limited number of nights. they wouldn't have gone through the motions. obv, disco isn't for everyone, and you certainly can't go in with a 'prog' mentality. people tend to dance rather than point fingers. different ballgame completely. surprised what you said about the crowd though. when I last went 4 years back there was a really good vibe

I like las dalias

though was a bit disappointed last year to find a UK estate agent's office just down the road where the free parking is

I also like las dalias, but over the years I´ve had both really good and disappointing nights there. sometimes the vibe just isn´t there.

I think people go out of their way to go to dalias when there's a very niche night on because they cater to all those dub, hiphop and psy trance fans without a home elsewhere. the casual tourist dropping in might not feel it as much as those guys though.

I think people go out of their way to go to dalias when there's a very niche night on because they cater to all those dub, hiphop and psy trance fans without a home elsewhere. the casual tourist dropping in might not feel it as much as those guys though.

that´s certainly the case yeah.

I went back to Las Dalias a couple of years back with my wife who is a non clubber for the first time in about 15 years. It was spot on for us as she doesn't really like car alarm music and I'm not adverse to a bit of disco and funk. My previous visits were when Tribe of Frog put nights on and although The Wax Da Jam night was decent, the production side of things was a million miles off what the Bristol lot used to put on. I walked into the dance floor area and didn't see a lot in the way of lighting or banners..... it was strobes, lazers and Fluro wall banners everywhere at the Frog parties.

My first time there was in the early 2000s. I went in donning a black Peter Werth shirt and exited into broad daylight many hours later in a knitted short sleeve hoodie that finished way above my mid rift. Must have swapped shirts with some PsyTrance dwarf at some part of the night. One of my mates tried to phone a cab to pick us up and we waited ages. Tried again, still no cab. The third time we established they said where do you want collecting and he kept saying our apartment, and surprise surprise no one was there. They weren't very happy when they finally did pick us up.

Last edited:
to @Nobbie Q

Big spender bro, i spend 1/3 ur money and did x3 parties :D

las dalias is far, even with car i struggle to get there at night :lol: how much for single an return? 60€

u just miss zoo project and Woomon among best ibiz experince and Elrow at amnesia too
and for exploration ur pic at Es Vedra with a good paella, Sa trinxa/Jockey club chill out time

Yeah but I had a hotel room, and didn't just use a car like yourself as a room. There's nothing wrong with what you did, it's just your trip was cheaper cuz of it

Edit: also, I was travelling from Canada so my flight cost was more too! You gotta take into account these factors

I have to check my Facebook message to you, but it was either 30 or 40 one way to las dalias from ibiza port

Last edited:
the answer is to chill out at bar/beach...i felt asleep in car, 3 times otherwise always on the run , because of the driving to bring back mates to san an, as other mates's flat were in PDB (Jet/tivoli,bossa flow,Lei ibiz figueretas, llobet (don't recommand this one),i even discard mexican girl's offer, to sleep at her flat :p

u miss some events that worth such sol house with dj spen karizma/zoo project/woomoon..

Don't blame on me i put u on free gueslist to game over after party and u forgot to refresh ur mailbox
(data network is bad at zoo such as many place in ibz (salinas, la torre , Es vedra)
i tried to put on glitterbox guestlist & i told u to make the more contacts u can on this board as hangin solo is not fun at ALL

the answer is Free/discount Gueslist and no much booze at bars , co sharing & fair mates

ps:ibz 13 i asked 10€ for both 2 spotlight for a trip to punta arabi & Sa trinxa, i guess i was so nice :rolleyes: , 4€ went to hippy Parking..

Last edited:
Back