Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2016

Dates 5th -8th september
Hotel was Hotel Can Bossa. Second year to stay there. Great location, very good staff.

Monday....nassau beach club. Had a bed booked for the 2 of us. Weather was a little on the hot for my pale skin.
Food was good. Drinks weren't too badly priced, bourbon and diet coke €13
Enjoyable way to spend a few hours.
Back to the hotel to relax and then get ready.

Drinks in plan b bar. Always a good spot.
Off to Dj Harvey we hoped. Arrived there to be told that they were over capacity and not taking online bookings.
Disappointed we got the next taxi into the west end. Few drinks in plastik then onto shenanigans of all places.
The least oirish place I've ever been in.

We ventured into taboo for an hour of fun before heading to Sankeys. I know it's not everyone's taste but Sankeys was great on Monday night. Place was rammed and great vibes.

Tuesday
Up early and into san antonio as the wife was getting her hair done
Few more pints to cool down before wedding renewal service in san rafael.
Church was beautiful and the scenery incredible
After we had a table booked in Mambo.
Lovely food if a little over priced. Sunset at mambo is really a thing of beauty.
Pendulum were the pre party that night and I've always enjoyed them.wasn't a huge crowd gathered to listen to them.

Back to hotel for cat nap before carl cox. Few drinks in various bars along the way.
Cox was an incredible night. Place was jammers but just a fantastic night.

Wednesday afternoon was spent recovering and eating. Evening time was Ushuaia and Axwell Ingrosso closing. Not my cup of tea but the missus loved it.

A fantastic 3 days once again

2018 we will return.

Best Bar- plan b. Good location. Decent drimks.

Worst bar- Shenanigans. This place reeked of cheapness and a lot of be jeepers and begorrah

Best night- Carl Cox.

Worst night- didn't have one

Food- mambo was great. Didn't really splurge anywhere else

Only bad thing was more and more I can see the vip thing getting worse. Lot of people knowing the price of everything and what their money can buy but knowing very little about the value of the island and the magic on it. Pity
That and Sankeys charging superclubs prices for water.

Thanks for all the tips I've read on this forums this summer!

Dates you were there: 2nd-9th sept

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Private villa

Club nights visited: Disturbing Ibiza @ Ushuaia, Zoo, Elrow @ Space, The Redlight @ Sankeys, Together @ Amnesia, Ocean Beach Ministry of Sound

Best night: Amnesia, comfortably busy, no queue to get in, no queue for drinks, no queue to pee

Worst night: Elrow, amazing decor and theme/vibe, but it was stupidly busy you basically couldn't move. Felt like a serious accident waiting to happen

Best bar: Didn't really hit any, Dunes was alright but weird smell

Best place to eat: Surprisingly, Ocean beach

Money spent: £550 villa n flights, £860 tickets and spending

Biggest regret: Not doing Ants and eating shit all week lol

Going back?: Nope, time to see the world

Top tip: Get a reliable taxi number if you're out the way. Have a day off if you're doing more than 4/5 days

how was ministry of sound at ocean beach? the music? the people, i mean what time it get busy & what time it get empty?
Elrow is rammy as hell as many popular parties(dc10 circoloco & Paradise, pacha Vagabundos,cox ), the challenge is to find a spot (on the avera,ge close to dj booth , for elrow as far as im concerned))...

When i was there - 02/09/16 - 09/09/16

Where I stayed - Dausol 2 apartments PDB

Club nights visited - Sankeys Sunday Steve Lawler, Carl Cox at Space, connect@es paradise, cream amnesia. elrow space

Best night - Sankeys for Steve lawler Sunday

Worst night - elrow space ( walked into space, lost our friends because they made us que in separate ques, left after 30 mins ( long story)

Best bar - cocos Playa den bossa!

Best place to eat - KFC is all we could stomach most days. Went for nice meal ibiza town one night haven't got a clue the name of the place.

Money spent - £3500 for 2 of us including flights, accommodation, spends

Biggest regret - not staying at elrow and walking out after 30 mins.

Going back - no probably not I'm afraid. Been ten times now and for the money you spend I think I'd rather do another two weeks in Mexico 5 star all inclusive for the same price a week in Ibiza costs us.

Top tip - Don't buy tickets before you go, your then committed to the nights even if your too ill. Plus our friends got them cheaper on the island. First time I've done it to be honest. Good if you want to budget money just for drinks and food though I suppose.

its a pity for Elrow, as even rammy party its a good one..sure if u lost mates mood is not the same.i m waiting to hear the story as paying 35-55€ for 30mn & making queeu is quiet not usual i hope nothing to deal with staff security? :D.ive lost mates for circoloco opening 12 & i was very pissed this day & being burnt didnt help.;i left dc10 1.30 am...
Dausol 2 is on the righf Dausol 1 or left, we were at Dausol 1..i gues Dausol 2 is on the left with the little pool, dausol 1 has a bigger pool..

what is ur agument to convince people to go to coocos bar?

Ibz is expensive but u have to look for tricks/tips to balance ur budget...

What happend with Elrow was just the 3 of went out as one of our friends was too tired. Me and my fiancee and our friend becky. As we got to the que because we had spotlight tickets me and my fiancee were told to que to the left of the club and our friend had to que to the right of the Terrace. I explained to doorstaff that our friend has never been and can my fiancee go in with her because she doesn't know where to go. They wouldn't allow this so I told our friend to wait at top of steps and stay there. Once we had got in we were stressed because they wouldn't let us through the Terrace for some reason. Then me and my fiancee started arguing. Once we finally got to the other entrance our friend wasnt there. We waited for 30 mins. Couldn't see her in que. Not answering her phone so we gathered she had been knocked back. With all the stress and the arguing we decided to leave the club because was not in the mood atall. Once we got back to apartment had text of our friend asking where are we she was in there on her own. Anyway she stayed and partied alone. All this wouldn't of happend if they had let us go in together.

And cocos us just somewhere we go every night before we go out for pre drinks. We have known one if the PR staff there for years. And it's a good spot to get your clubbing essentials before hitting the club's. And cocktails are 2 for 1 every night.

What happend with Elrow was just the 3 of went out as one of our friends was too tired. Me and my fiancee and our friend becky. As we got to the que because we had spotlight tickets me and my fiancee were told to que to the left of the club and our friend had to que to the right of the Terrace. I explained to doorstaff that our friend has never been and can my fiancee go in with her because she doesn't know where to go. They wouldn't allow this so I told our friend to wait at top of steps and stay there. Once we had got in we were stressed because they wouldn't let us through the Terrace for some reason. Then me and my fiancee started arguing. Once we finally got to the other entrance our friend wasnt there. We waited for 30 mins. Couldn't see her in que. Not answering her phone so we gathered she had been knocked back. With all the stress and the arguing we decided to leave the club because was not in the mood atall. Once we got back to apartment had text of our friend asking where are we she was in there on her own. Anyway she stayed and partied alone. All this wouldn't of happend if they had let us go in together.
sorry for this ,as Elrow is really the best party at space...i was pissed too when i lost mate in clubs, but find them later by chance... i always told to people to stay together but some always split for any resaons :lol:
Staff talways told shit about the right queeu for elrow, for pre paid ticket, queue is on the right when u go to space doors from right side of P coming from pdb strip... & u go there in 5-10mn as only 20 people max..
entrance door at space in front of wall of fame, can be a good spot to wait for mates/friends as some mates join me at space & i alway told them to be there as long i had battery with my cellphone i was not worried (got 2 spare battery for ibz closing 16 :D as i had to switch on one fro elrow party a we stay from 1.00 am to the end ...)

And cocos us just somewhere we go every night before we go out for pre drinks. We have known one if the PR staff there for years. And it's a good spot to get your clubbing essentials before hitting the club's. And cocktails are 2 for 1 every night.
went once in coco in the afternoon just for a cider koppa...in such a bars im looking more to meet people in order to go to the parties if alone such as place as Murphys..
for closing i guess i will be with people from oct 2 but before maybe 1-2 new mates...
we use to drink at Dausol 2 terrace before hitting the club & then on parking club...
the bar at the end close to roundabout alway overprice tickets & the one cheaper ive noticed is the big supermarket upper in this street as the guy always sold a few € than the other :D smart move from him :p
Dausol2 terrace->
14264869_10154471897679641_8234400953980620923_n.jpg

Dates you were there:
19th August - 16th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Portinatx, in our appartement

Club nights visited:
Acid Sunday, the night was so-so, but we did not care, just to share time with good old friends
We had 3 private villa parties, with great djs in fantastic venues, so didn't miss the clubs
Best night:
Private villa party in Portinatx, 20 peoples, fantastic view on Xarraca Bay,unforgettable. 24h of pure happiness.
Worst night:
None

Best bar:
The Chiringuito at the end of Portinatx, owned by my old friend Carlo is my second home on the island, so...

Best place to eat:
This year La Noria was excellent, also had lovely moments in Can Guimo and Restaurante 2000 in Benirras.
But for me the best was going to buy fresh fish directly at a friend of mine(fisherman), and to cook it at home, with my wines(I am French after all).Calamares, Denton, San Gallo, Raones...
The best table of the island this summer was mine:lol:

Money spent:
Around 3000€.

Biggest regret:
Not been at woomoon, but to be honest, at my age and after 22 summers in ibiza, I don't care...

Going back?:
Not in 2016.
Top tip:
Don't plan anything. Follow your instinct.

:eek:

:rolleyes: :lol: :twisted:

Dates you were there:
19th August - 16th September

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):
Portinatx, in our appartement

Club nights visited:
Acid Sunday, the night was so-so, but we did not care, just to share time with good old friends
We had 3 private villa parties, with great djs in fantastic venues, so didn't miss the clubs
Best night:
Private villa party in Portinatx, 20 peoples, fantastic view on Xarraca Bay,unforgettable. 24h of pure happiness.
Worst night:
None

Best bar:
The Chiringuito at the end of Portinatx, owned by my old friend Carlo is my second home on the island, so...

Best place to eat:
This year La Noria was excellent, also had lovely moments in Can Guimo and Restaurante 2000 in Benirras.
But for me the best was going to buy fresh fish directly at a friend of mine(fisherman), and to cook it at home, with my wines(I am French after all).Calamares, Denton, San Gallo, Raones...
The best table of the island this summer was mine:lol:

Money spent:
Around 3000€.

Biggest regret:
Not been at woomoon, but to be honest, at my age and after 22 summers in ibiza, I don't care...

Going back?:
Not in 2016.
Top tip:
Don't plan anything. Follow your instinct.
sounds great jimmiz..would your fellow french man be able for such a relaxing time..@Gp. ;)

Dates you were there: Sept 1 to Sept 12Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sal Rossa and 2 nights at Palladium White Resort

Club nights visited: In Order: Afterlife, Music On, Elrow, Sundays @ Space, Cocoon, Hyte, Music On (again), Music On Carry On Cova Santa, Supermartxe, Sundays @ Space again - Bloody Hell when you write it down, its some amount of partying.

Best night: Cocoon (Sven on Vinyl all night was a masterclass - on of my best clubbing experiences ever), Music On close second

Worst night: Supermartxe Closing - absolutely atrocious, no atmosphere, half empty club, poor vibes.

Best bar: Bora Bora - when i arrived it was banging, like I used to remember it years ago.

Best place to eat: La Bodega

Money spent: 4K Euro including accommodation

Biggest regret: Overdoing it at Afterlife (shout out to the excellent medical team) - enough said, particularly at my age - in fairness I had been travelling for over24 hours with no sleep

Going back?: going to Space Closing but after 20 straight years I think this may be my last (say that every year and when the announcements start in spring just cant help myself). Maybe just a long weekend in the future - lots of other places in the world i want to go to...

Top tip: dont take wallet or phone to club. just take cash and a bank card. go with the flow.

sounds great jimmiz..would your fellow french man be able for such a relaxing time..@Gp. ;)
i chillout on the beach or on a terrace when recovering or sleeping in the beach ...I have time to chill out at office duty job :spank: or at my garden :p
Minds & body are still 20's :cool::cool: & not the kind to go to Formentera & listen to the sound of the waves ,even beautiful peaceful landcape,sea beach..

Last edited:
Dates you were there: Sept 1 to Sept 12

Worst night: Supermartxe Closing - absolutely atrocious, no atmosphere, half empty club, poor vibes.

Top tip: dont take wallet or phone to club. just take cash and a bank card. go with the flow.

u should stick to some of my posts when i say supermartXe suck it SUCKX...
la bodega :cry: the day i turn back a lovely us girl look like jennfer love hewit...this place is famous & recommanded by many but is it far from ibz harbor? i try to go with car gps lead me to dead end street/walking area, around rempart & i was pissed & in a hurry so i gave up lunch at bodega...

even phone is a classic robbery in clubs i like to have mine to have some pics & be in touch with mates that split out the night...

Dates you were there: Sept 1 to Sept 12Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Sal Rossa and 2 nights at Palladium White Resort

Club nights visited: In Order: Afterlife, Music On, Elrow, Sundays @ Space, Cocoon, Hyte, Music On (again), Music On Carry On Cova Santa, Supermartxe, Sundays @ Space again - Bloody Hell when you write it down, its some amount of partying.

Best night: Cocoon (Sven on Vinyl all night was a masterclass - on of my best clubbing experiences ever), Music On close second

Best bar: Bora Bora - when i arrived it was banging, like I used to remember it years ago.

Money spent: 4K Euro including accommodation

Biggest regret: Overdoing it at Afterlife (shout out to the excellent medical team) - enough said, particularly at my age - in fairness I had been travelling for over24 hours with no sleep

Going back?: going to Space Closing but after 20 straight years I think this may be my last (say that every year and when the announcements start in spring just cant help myself). Maybe just a long weekend in the future - lots of other places in the world i want to go to...

I managed to over do it with the same factors as you did at space. Massive respect To Medical team u don't think it would happen to u until it does

Dates you were there: 07/09/16 - 17/09/16

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Villa Nieves, just north west of of San Rafeal

Club nights visited: Connect @ Es Paradis, Cream Closing Part 1 @ Amnesia, SuperMarTxé @ Privilege, Captured @ Benimussa Park, Cocoon @ Amnesia, Connect @ Es Paradis, Cream Closing Part 2 @ Amnesia, several random trips to Tropi

Best night: Cocoon @ Amnesia
My first real techno experience on the island, and one of my first ever techno club nights since I actually started to listen to techno.
And I was absolutely blown away. Honestly, it just wowed me. Everything did. Music was amazing.
DJs were amazing. Koze was my favourite, watching him warm up for 3 hours and just build... and build... and build... was just so good.
Sven played some cheeky trance towards the end, which was lovely to hear. And Beyer just did what I needed. Much Drumcode.

Worst night: Cream Closing Part 2 @ Amnesia
Amazing how you can have both your best and worse night in the same club within five days of each other.
The cream crowed were terrible, but I guess when you have Fatboy Slim playing, that's what you get.
Both Ferry Corsten and PvD played EDM and trouse garbage. Very disappointing.
Mark Knight played an interesting house / commercial dance set, which for me was the best out of what was offered.

Best bar: Tropi, as always. Cheap to drink a lot, and Oscar is an amazing host

Best place to eat: Tapas in San Antonio did some lovely food, best I've had on the island, with Chiringuito Pascual a close second in Port de Sant Miquel

Worst place to eat: Kanya - 18 of us went for a meal. Nearly half of us were unhappy with it.
They've changed their menu this season, and their portion sizes have shrunk. Disappointed with it, and won't return again.

Money spent: £300 for the villa (Villa was £5500 for 10 days), £200 on the flights, €1100 spending money

Biggest regret: Not making it to Carl Cox @ Space. Got absolutely ruined at Cocoon and the after party at the villa. Was in bed by 10pm on the Tuesday so not Carl Cox

Going back?: Part XI will happen next year, but imagine it'll be back to a hotel, maybe all inclusive, in San An bay, and will only be 5 nights.
No more extended trips til at least 2020.

Gigs: Connect Pre Party @ Plastik, Cream Pre Party @ Tropi

Top tip: I hired a car for the first time in ten trips this season. And it made such a difference and gave me a lot more freedom.
Had to be far more careful though as I won't drink and drive.
Got to see almost the whole island this trip. Never left the clubbing areas before, so very chuffed about that.

Last edited:
i was very burnt the day of cox & didnt planned it until midnight but having good mates that are very enthusiatic help me to go for this night :cool: i was planne just to drive mates at Space that day..luckily ive done Cox party at space as all parties were on dates i was not in ibz, opening(too soon) & closing(too lzte for 1 day :mad: but there will be his after party ssh & Space closing...)...
Cream Amnesia..What did u expect? :D
Tropi was empty opening 16 :lol: only the dj :p
after party cocoon, was it allowed with wristbands given at cocoon party?
15 people in a villa? should be chaos :lol:

Back