Tell us how it was - Ibiza 2016

Dates: 7 till 9 October

Stayed at: my Tivoli apartments playa den bossa.. basic, clean, good WiFi. ,, great pool area. Located near the kfc....close enough to most of the action but far enough away from it as wel, if that makes sense?

Club Nights: Paris by night closing at pacha. Todd Terry, sneak and danny Howard were really impressive. Bob Sinclair set got a bit poppy/cheesy, but the crowd seemed to like it, so not for me to criticise.
after 3 cheezy track dropped by bob, taken a good video & then i left to Amnesia at 5h20am without regrets :lol: I was there just in time for todd Terry set...
Sneak didnt impress me ...
if i can go back, Melon bomb is best option than Paris by night, free, with 55€ saved for ticket u can drinks a lot in Pikes Hotel :cool:

Dates you were there:

I was there 4 separate times in 2016.

21-25th April
27-30th July
21-24th September
2-5th November

Where you stayed (resort/hotel):

Hostal Florencio (April)
Execlsior (July)
Club la Sirena (September)
Maritimo sport and relax (November)

Club nights visited:

Just a couple of visits to cream at amnesia and Connect at es paradise

Best night:

Connect closing in late September. Amazing vibe.

Worst night:

Non

Best bar:

Tropi trance bar. Amazing memories from my favourite bar in the world.

Best place to eat:

Really enjoyed the golden Buddha and view was amazing

Money spent:

Over all 4.....Alot!

Biggest regret:

Not booking more trips

Going back?:

Already booked for May 17th.

Planning June and September

Top tip: Try some variation of times you go. I usually go a few times in season to party hard then a few out of season to explore the island. I paid £5 for my flight from Bristol on November 2nd. Was still pretty hot in the day there too. Can't wait for May after reading through this thread :)

Dates you were there: First week of September 2016, First time since 2009.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Poniente, San An.

Club nights visited: Children Of The 80's, Space on Sundays, Zoo Project, didnt do many nights as my fiancee's first time in Ibiza so didn't know if she would like it. Wanted to ease her in but we did most nights at Mambos with Bob Sinclar, Robin Schulz

Best night: Space on Sundays

Worst night: Zoo Project, was told to get there by 6 or our cheap ticket we bought 2 months in advance wouldn't be valid so it was dead. Kinda left sour taste in my mouth.

Best bar: Bamboo, awesome beers, or of course Mambo's.

Best place to eat: Steak N Shake, Playa Den Bossa

Money spent: 1500 Euros

Biggest regret: Not looking at weather, went to Dalt Villa and did a walk around Ibiza Town. Got aquabus to Playa Den Bossa. Didnt look at weather and it was 44 degrees in baking sun. Water didnt do anything to cool you down so we ended up going to bed at 7pm when we got back to hotel and missed a night.

Going back?: Yes, on 4th June 2017. Got tickets to Defected In The House, Sankeys Dance 88/89, Cream Opening Party, Children Of The 80's.

Top tip: If you want to see top DJ's but dont have the cash or want to go to Pacha for example, check our pre-parties at Mambo's. Saw Bob Sinclar twice for free at Mambos saving over 100 euros for 2 nights at Pacha. He was on the decks for a good hour and a half each time. If older like me, take breaks between clubbing night or you'll burn yourself out. In 2009 last time I went, booked 2 weeks, clubbed first 7 in a row, by day 10 was spent.

Dates you were there: First week of September 2016, First time since 2009.

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Poniente, San An.

Club nights visited: Children Of The 80's, Space on Sundays, Zoo Project, didnt do many nights as my fiancee's first time in Ibiza so didn't know if she would like it. Wanted to ease her in but we did most nights at Mambos with Bob Sinclar, Robin Schulz

Best night: Space on Sundays

Worst night: Zoo Project, was told to get there by 6 or our cheap ticket we bought 2 months in advance wouldn't be valid so it was dead. Kinda left sour taste in my mouth.

Best bar: Bamboo, awesome beers, or of course Mambo's.

Best place to eat: Steak N Shake, Playa Den Bossa

Money spent: 1500 Euros

Biggest regret: Not looking at weather, went to Dalt Villa and did a walk around Ibiza Town. Got aquabus to Playa Den Bossa. Didnt look at weather and it was 44 degrees in baking sun. Water didnt do anything to cool you down so we ended up going to bed at 7pm when we got back to hotel and missed a night.

Going back?: Yes, on 4th June 2017. Got tickets to Defected In The House, Sankeys Dance 88/89, Cream Opening Party, Children Of The 80's.

Top tip: If you want to see top DJ's but dont have the cash or want to go to Pacha for example, check our pre-parties at Mambo's. Saw Bob Sinclar twice for free at Mambos saving over 100 euros for 2 nights at Pacha. He was on the decks for a good hour and a half each time. If older like me, take breaks between clubbing night or you'll burn yourself out. In 2009 last time I went, booked 2 weeks, clubbed first 7 in a row, by day 10 was spent.

What did you think of Poniente? I stayed there in 2014 and had one of the apartments on the roof. Was absolutely amazing up there. Vague memories of a mate spewing over the top onto a canopy below and it getting baked onto it for the week lol. Thinking back it was pretty horrid and hope some poor bugger didn't have to clean it off.

Dates you were there: 23rd - 29th September 2016

Where you stayed (resort/hotel): Bora Bora Apartments

Club nights visited: Music On Closing, Sankeys, Jet onto Space Closing Fiesta, Circoloco @ DC10 onto Cocoon Closing, Sankeys

Best night: SPACE CLOSING!

Worst night: Both Sankeys nights (was dragged there by my missus' pal)

Best bar: Murphy's, our pal's second name is Murphy so it seemed fitting to spend a few nights pre-drinking there, was right next to Bora Bora too,

Best place to eat: Didn't eat much the whole holiday if i'm honest, Steak and shake was quick and easy tho haha

Money spent: £800-900

Biggest regret: Losing my wallet in Space, causing it to not be the perfect night I destined for it to be, however was still a mental send off!

Going back?: June 24th!

Top tip: Dont drink the cheap vodka the bars offer you, your throat will thank me later!

Back