Summer Transfers

could happen.........if we get kolarov, which is apparently a case of "when" and not "if" Must say out of all our purchases last season he disappointed the most. got caught out of position far too often leading to some sloppy goals condeded.

It's looking more like Carlos Salcido from PSV and also maybe Royston Drenthe from Real Madrid. We do after all have no recognised left backs, so with Carlos at 30 and proven, and with Royston only 23 this could be a good sollution.

Just read this little tidbit:
Numerous sources, including radio station Talksport, and Guillem Balague via his Twitter account, have been reporting that Fernando Torres' move to Chelsea is an almost done deal, stating that he should be a Chelsea player by the end of the day. Adding fuel to the fire a number of bookmakers, including Paddy Power have suspended all betting on Torres joining Chelsea after seeing a huge flurry of betting action yesterday.
I really didn't think anything would happen with Torres but this looks promising.

The thought of Drogba and Torres playing up front together is making me drool :lol:

The thought of Drogba and Torres playing up front together is making me drool :lol:

Do you actually think that Drogba would give the ball to Torres??

Drogba doesnt share and likes the limelight for himself. I personally think that they wouldnt play well together.

Not much ego room up front with Drogba in the box..........

Do you actually think that Drogba would give the ball to Torres??

Drogba doesnt share and likes the limelight for himself. I personally think that they wouldnt play well together.

Not much ego room up front with Drogba in the box..........
Not true.

He's like any striker. There are times when he takes a shot when he should have passed. But he's also often trying to do neat little flicks, backheels, etc., to put the ball in the path of a teammate.

With another good striker up front - someone with the proper instincts - I think we'd see some fun interplay.

I really didn't think anything would happen with Torres but this looks promising.

I bet your physio is relishing all the overtime!!:lol:

I'm still waiting to see what Man City are going to do with all these signings seeing as they are only allowed a squad of 25 in the premiership. Their reserves should do pretty well this year though.

there are 38 in the squad at present, 6 of them are off on loan leaves 32 and of those at least 3/4 will probably want to go out on loan (joe hart etc) and 3/4 (garrido, rsc etc) who will probably be surplus to requirements so there is plenty room for loads more signings thanks!

As long as you have the full complement of home grown players of course. If you have less than eight you have to have a squad of less...

"home grown" aka playing in the prem for 3 years!!

we'll be fine, you worry about terry and co :lol:

I'm not that worried about us tbh I'm sure we'll be ok as I said I'm just interested as to what you'll be doing with the extra players you've bought in and the ones you'll have to unload...

Always had a soft spot for city as my best mate's a fan so don't take it as a dig

If its near 50 mill then im happy 8)

FACT : the last 3 seasons hes been on the physio table more each consec' season !

But since then this is being reported

http://www.google.com/search?q=torr...=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQsQQwAA

I bet your physio is relishing all the overtime!!:lol:

See above !!

I'm not that worried about us tbh I'm sure we'll be ok as I said I'm just interested as to what you'll be doing with the extra players you've bought in and the ones you'll have to unload...

Always had a soft spot for has r city as my best mate's a fan so don't take it as a dig
Nah mate its cool, wasn't being funny. The home grown makes me laugh though as it includes the likes of tevez, adebayor, given, Ireland, toure, barry, bellamy, hart, lescott. It was always the owners aim to have two world class players for each position. Joking apart though. Mancini needs to get this lot to gel quickly or hes in the ****.

Liverpool have bid £2.75m for Luke Young from Villa

West Ham have turned down an offer for Scott Parker from 'Arry.

Liverpool have bid £2.75m for Luke Young from Villa

West Ham have turned down an offer for Scott Parker from 'Arry.

I heard about the young offer, I suppose he'll make decent temporary cover. It'd have been nice if we could afford the other Young :lol:

Talking of Arry, i wonder what excuse he'll give for not getting Raul :lol:

And as for Torres staying, I think he'll give us at least one more season to see how things go. I think he got disillusioned with the Benitez regime. As for Woy (see below) he thinks he's staying !!

The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield, but Hodgson claims the Spaniard will check in for pre-season preparations on Monday.
"He has told us that he is looking forward to Monday, to getting back to work and looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season.
"That is what I know so other reports, I would suggest, are erroneous."

The prospect of Cole, Gerrard, and Torres together up front sounds amazing 8)

Nah mate its cool, wasn't being funny. The home grown makes me laugh though as it includes the likes of tevez, adebayor, given, Ireland, toure, barry, bellamy, hart, lescott. It was always the owners aim to have two world class players for each position. Joking apart though. Mancini needs to get this lot to gel quickly or hes in the ****.

ahem without wanting to refute your logic. It's players registered to UK clubs for 3 yrs before the age of 21 so surely at least tevez wouldn't be on that list... Also heard quite a bit of 'internet chatter' of Ireland and Bellamy on the way out. There's also the possibility of no Champions League next year regardless of position due to the books not balancing in the 2010-2011 season - hence we settled our debt last season although quite a few teams seem prone to that one including Barca http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8859257.stm maybe Platini will have a last minute rethink of course

Liverpool have confirmed they have re-signed Fabio Aurelio on a two-year deal.

The Brazilian full-back left Liverpool at the end of May following the expiration of his contract.
It was believed Aurelio rejected the offer of a pay-as-you-play deal to stay at Anfield after an injury-ravaged campaign last season.
However, with new Reds boss Roy Hodgson yet to secure a replacement for Aurelio he has decided to bring the 30-year-old back to the club.

He will be presented to the medical staff on Monday :lol:

Latest LFC transfer targets (apparently)

Crouch back again - Not sure about this :confused: Depends how much. Also didnt he leave as he was on the bench too much, if Torrers stays fit hes not going to be palyed that much is he (but then will torres stay fit :confused:)

SWP - Now I'd like to see him come, we need a pacey winger, plus we'd have a nice selection of England players in the team.

Poulsen - From what i'm reading he'll replace Masch. And from what i've read hes half decent, even at 30. And with Gerrard and Lucas able to play holding then not a bad acquiation if it helps buy SWP.

Latest LFC transfer targets (apparently)

Crouch back again - Not sure about this :confused: Depends how much. Also didnt he leave as he was on the bench too much, if Torrers stays fit hes not going to be palyed that much is he (but then will torres stay fit :confused:)

SWP - Now I'd like to see him come, we need a pacey winger, plus we'd have a nice selection of England players in the team.

Poulsen - From what i'm reading he'll replace Masch. And from what i've read hes half decent, even at 30. And with Gerrard and Lucas able to play holding then not a bad acquiation if it helps buy SWP.

crouch and poulsen done deal I've heard!!

Back