Summer Transfers

Everton's Jack Rodwell has just won a hearing allowing him to leave on a free.

Ryan Gosling wasnt it?

hey jammy, you must have had a tear in your eye last night watching that masterclass in midfield from xabi?? What a player. With all the focus on the likes of xavi and iniesta its easy to overlook alonso as he is probably less glamorous, but what a performance, he was running the show, Schweinsteiger was very quiet.

Ryan Gosling wasnt it?

Oops, my bad, but it's Dan Gosling

hey jammy, you must have had a tear in your eye last night watching that masterclass in midfield from xabi?? What a player. With all the focus on the likes of xavi and iniesta its easy to overlook alonso as he is probably less glamorous, but what a performance, he was running the show, Schweinsteiger was very quiet.

Indeed....

Ryan Gosling wasnt it?

i thought Alonso was horrendous for much of the game
twice in the first 20 mins he gave the ball away leading to German openings and often his passes were to touchlines or general space with no-one close to getting there

Busquets was the more effective holding player for me

i thought Alonso was horrendous for much of the game
twice in the first 20 mins he gave the ball away leading to German openings and often his passes were to touchlines or general space with no-one close to getting there

Busquets was the more effective holding player for me

I dont know about how it works in the mickey mouse league, but in proper football 20 mins is not most of the game :lol:

I read that Barca had to borrow £125m to pay the wages for June.

Worrying...

but I do think it's suspicious it's come out just days after the new president has been voted in. Got a feeling he's trying to lay blame to the old regime

Worrying...

but I do think it's suspicious it's come out just days after the new president has been voted in. Got a feeling he's trying to lay blame to the old regime

bye bye unicef, hello..............Santander? :lol:

hope not, really admire la blaugrana for their shirt policy!!

Manchester city have officially bid £45 million Raoul Moat.

They have no idea who he is but they've heard everyone is after him

It looks like Cole (Joe) could well be on his way to Anfield (Fingers crossed). God I'd love it if he joined us :D

We also desperately need a decent left back now Insua has gone, me thinks Hodgson has one lined up already, why else let insua go now Auralio has gone also :confused:

I'm looking forward to seeing Milan Jovanovic play, he looks a decent prospect if he can settle quickly.

We also desperately need a decent left back now Insua has gone, me thinks Hodgson has one lined up already, why else let Insua go now Aurelio has gone also :confused:

Because he was slow as f**k and often identified as a weak point by many teams last year?

Brace yourself Liam......

Paul Konchesky said to be "looking North"

:eek:

Because he was slow as f**k and often identified as a weak point by many teams last year?

Brace yourself Liam......

Paul Konchesky said to be "looking North"

:eek:

I know why he went :rolleyes: :lol: But with no other first choice left backs he must have someone else lined up. But please not Konchesky :spank:

Fulham just made the best signing of the closed season IMO 8)

We loooove Martin Jooooollllllllll
:D

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Cole to undergo Liverpool medical

19 July 2010

KOPTALK sources are reporting that Liverpool Football Club have arranged a medical for England midfielder Joe Cole.

The out-of-contract former Chelsea star is also wanted by Arsenal and Tottenham but Liverpool appear to have won the race to land him.
Newspaper reports recently suggested that the player had rejected an initial contract offer but improved terms appear to have been accepted.
There are suggestions that the player is reluctant to move north because his family are settled in London but to commit himself to a medical surely suggests that those concerns have been discussed and ironed out with his partner.
If this comes off, we would see this signing as a decent coup and it could go a long way to persuading Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres to remain at Anfield.
Currently there's nobody at Melwood available to perform a medical as the Reds are overseas but we are aware of logistical arrangements that are currently being discussed.
Suggestions that the player was with the current Liverpool squad at the pre-season training camp yesterday should be dismissed as nonsense.

Glad he stuck two fingers up to old saggy chops.

Old Arry must be due a quote soon seeing he hasn't been in the papers or on TV since Saturday.

Wait for the old guff too from Spurs fans who didn't want him or he wasn't good enough for them.

Joe will finish his career off at West Ham.

If he can stay injury free, he should be a great addition !! And it might go some way to keeping G&T !!
I guess signing Joe was the best way to keep him from scoring against you :lol:

I wish him well. Good kid. How well he'll do will depend on the injuries but he's not like glass legs Robben so it'll just take a bit of luck.

I'm pleased with Benayoun going the other direction. I'd almost call it an even trade if Joe weren't a couple of years younger and if Yossi hadn't cost us money!

As much as I still think Benayoun will be a big loss to us, Cole plus net £5m is good business as it allows us to bring in another player.

More encouraging are some of the names leaving, and that we're getting money for them....

Looks like Christian Poulsen will be the next to arrive if Mrs Mascherano gets her way.

Back