summer 2016 - what's hot and what's not

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first few dates went well. since coxy started it certainly feels the competition and especially mosaic on coxy opening was both weak and musically pretty bad according to various different independent sources. this tuesday it was also not that busy, but everyone said music was back on a really good level.

I think that if you're a maceo fan you'll have a great night. you won't mind that pacha isn't rammed to the rafters. IMO it's a great new offer and I've always said that if it gets through the first season alright, next year it's going to be much bigger.

I went this week. Having been to Luciano (Friday) and Solomun (Sunday) where for both Pacha was the busiest I've seen it on 'non-commercial' nights in years, this of course was not anywhere near as busy as that. I was pretty late arriving, so was there for Maceo.

I really liked the crowd here, they know there music, no hangers on, and all there for the music. There was room to move on the main dancefloor and kind of felt quite liberating in Pacha. Even though Pacha is quite big, with the lighting they can make the centre dancefloor seem quite intimate.

As I keep saying over and over, that damn sound system is just perfection at the moment for this type of music. I've not seen Maceo all that much the last 12 months, but a solid set and just wanted I wanted after 4 nights out.

I think these few weeks were always going to be quieter with Cox just opening and the island not being massively busier with clubbers, but with some of the line-ups coming up should only get busier. This is NO Guy Gerber/Wisdom Of the Glove - I went to a few of them in June 2013, and there were some ridiculous quiet dates back then.

If Pacha stick with this into next season, with no Cox on Tuesday, I think this will become a most do party. It is simmering along and has the potential to really be something.

Anyone been to Space on Sunday recently that can let me know what time it starts to get busy? Think we're heading there on the 31st of July but not sure if 8 or 9pm will be too quiet? Thanks

they have just changed opening time from 7pm to 9pm a week ago so if you read between the lines...it didn't get busy early on sadly. If you still want to get some of the sunset terrace vibe pre-midnight I'd go for 10pm so you get the headliner sunset terrace slot.

they have just changed opening time from 7pm to 9pm a week ago so if you read between the lines...it didn't get busy early on sadly. If you still want to get some of the sunset terrace vibe pre-midnight I'd go for 10pm so you get the headliner sunset terrace slot.

OK, sorry I didn't notice that. Makes sense, will probably aim for just before 10pm to get the 241 drink voucher - is that still €20?

Anyone been to Boogie in wonderland @ Heart?
Wondering what that one is like... I haven't even seen line-ups anywhere...

Anyone been to Boogie in wonderland @ Heart?
Wondering what that one is like... I haven't even seen line-ups anywhere...

they only announce them pretty late. they had kym mazelle last week and nalaya brown.

So, it's a live show type of events? I thought it would be something like glitterbox...

it certainly does include a bit of classic house, but it heavily depends on who's on. I haven't been to that night myself yet but I'm not sure this event has fully taken off yet.

I am feeling Mosiac a lot. Maceo said he wanted ppl to hear some different music and you get exactly that. The visuals are weird with the dancers as well. I do hope they change up the dancers' outfits sometimes, but I like the artsy dark feel of Mosiac

I am feeling Mosiac a lot. Maceo said he wanted ppl to hear some different music and you get exactly that. The visuals are weird with the dancers as well. I do hope they change up the dancers' outfits sometimes, but I like the artsy dark feel of Mosiac

I last went on the 5 July. Anyone been the last few weeks and have any reports? Was last night busy after the 10 DJ Sets promotion thing etc....

it's the same situation still - the dancefloor is busy enough, but that's about it. I hope it will improve a bit in the coming weeks still because it does need to be busier overall (main dancefloor, prism room and of course at least some of the vip) for it to stick around next year. last night it was a tad busier I've heard, but I also heard the guest list queue was massive and that might have something to do with it...

it's a night that I really hope will continue next year, but it needs to get busier. there has to be a positive evolution in the next few weeks for the people with decision power to see that there is progress and of course more potential next year.

it's a night that I really hope will continue next year, but it needs to get busier. there has to be a positive evolution in the next few weeks for the people with decision power to see that there is progress and of course more potential next year.

Kind of worrying, but I hope it works out. They have Carl Craig, Kolsch, Beyer, and Stephen Bodzin LIVE coming up. Granted Bodzin is hardly appeal to masses, but surely there must be enough people on the island to respect him enough to go..... I mean COME ON people. Not sure what their expectations were with it going up against Cox, and also surprised it doesn't have more of a 'table-service' pull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back