summer 2016 - what's hot and what's not

Status
Not open for further replies.
afterlife.

went again for a bit last night. arrived at 11:15 stressed out, thinking I've missed a chunk of howling live already. luckily they started half an hour late so I still got a cold beer even before they started. howling live was simply beautiful. and because the sunset terrace only really got busy at around midnight their performance felt super intimate, as if they'd play a showcase in your living room. stayed a little longer to see âme live as well in the terraza and frank was as good as ever.

afterlife is certainly one of the 'hot' events this year. musically it's great. the only two things I don't like is that a) the sunset live gigs don't get enough attention and therefore, once it's over, it takes another hour before the terraza actually properly comes alive. needs a bit of patience.
b) I don't really get the lower terraza DJ booth. it takes away precious space and doesn't improve the vibe I think. the only ones benefitting of that are the table clients which are just behind them. tbh I think they took solomun at pacha as an example...

anyway though, some great line ups coming on for this one and I do wonder if the terraza will be big enough for some of the upcoming dates...we shall see

Couldn't agree more re: the moving of the booth. Surely in this year of all years it was a chance to make the most of what is arguably one of the finest rooms/spaces of them all

I see what you mean about the booths, but becuase it's now lower to the ground, it gives you more of a closer vibe with the DJ.

HOT => rooftops/rooftopparties

who started this trend ?
OCEAN DRIVE some years ago ?!?

more hotels should do this - when neighbours/"the authorities" allow this

just switched on sonica ... live from THE NINTH (= HRH´s rooftop)

What's the latest on the Ushuaia parties, and how they are doing this year? I've only done Ants, but I assume Avicii, Guetta and Ants are smashing it out of the park week in week out?

What's the latest on the Ushuaia parties, and how they are doing this year? I've only done Ants, but I assume Avicii, Guetta and Ants are smashing it out of the park week in week out?

correct yeah. these are the three best working ones. all ushuaïa events are going well generally, a few of them just not super packed.

I actually didn't think Ants was that bad at all numbers wise July 16th. Less busier than Ants last year June. that might not be pleasing to Ushuaia, but I had room to move around and musically it was on point. Less tech house, more proper techno

Has anyone been to Luciano at Destino? Looking on going this thursday, is it more of a laid back party or does it get going more in the night, all I've seen of it with pictures etc looks to be pretty chilled

Has anyone been to Luciano at Destino? Looking on going this thursday, is it more of a laid back party or does it get going more in the night, all I've seen of it with pictures etc looks to be pretty chilled

it is a proper party. gets busy from about 7pm onwards

and now I've just come back from...

WooMoon.

same as with acid sundays last year, this is the party that is talk of town this summer. and it's not surprising, I've mentioned it elsewhere in the forums before; woomoon is done by the guys that were behind acid sundays last season. acid sundays this year has sadly turned into a pretty standard club night now (apart from the music itself, which is still acid pauli and friends)...but woomoon...oh boy.

after lots of friends telling me this is the one night I had to see I finally managed to go today and yeah, they were all on point with their opinions. it's everything acid sundays was last year...and more. more because it starts outside late afternoon, more because it's a full 12 hour party if you want it, more because I've never seen cova santa shine in such glory, more because the party fits the location in an absolutely perfect way (which, if I'm honest, IMO isn't really the case with acid sundays at heart). it really is that one different party. think a mix between a hippie gathering and electronica fiesta. think zoo project, but zero tackiness and an entirely different crowd, vibe and sound. a party you can bring your family with (yes, including kids - there's lots of stuff for them), but generally the average age is way above 30. I sadly couldn't stay long today, but I'm totally going back very soon to stay a full night and take it all in.

to give you a bit more info, there is stuff going on everywhere. outdoor dance floor from 6pm to midnight, indoor dancefloor from midnight to 6am, lots of different food and drink stalls with a big variety of stuff. clothes, face paint (the decent one, not just silver glitter over blue paint), kids animation with clowns etc, generally a lot of performance going on left, right and centre. and as it's outside and inside and has food and drinks options, it's really an event you can easily stay for the whole duration.

DO: arrive early. we arrived at 9pm and that was too late already as we only got the very last bit of the daytime action. seriously, aim for 7pm guys.
DO: buy a ticket in pre-sale (they're 30€). if you turn up without ticket or a valid guestlist, at some point you'll be turned away. this event sells out and they stop at the right point, where it still stays comfy for everyone inside. so if you wanna go, get a ticket and arrive very early.
DO: feel free to wear whatever you want. this party reminded me of my very first visits to the island when people still dressed in a more varied, creative way.
DO: go if you've still not been to cova santa.
DO: try the mezcal mojitos! :)

DON'T: go if you can't stand hippies and / or slow electronic music. if you only get going at 124 bpm don't bother.
DON'T: arrive late with your rental car - you'll be parking far away as everyone arrives early and CS car park is just not that big.

seriously, in my humble opinion, in the era we're in right now, this event is as 'ibiza' as it can get. go and see for yourself. for now it's planned to run until 14th september, but I can see this running a bit later maybe seeing how well it does.
What's the score with kids and tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back