summer 2016 - what's hot and what's not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sold as well Stivi. Was just thinking about tickets, only prob is I have wasted so many tickets in the past for one reason or another. If for whatever reason we don't end up going did I read somewhere on here that spotlight will refund?

I may have dreamt that!

I'm sold as well Stivi. Was just thinking about tickets, only prob is I have wasted so many tickets in the past for one reason or another. If for whatever reason we don't end up going did I read somewhere on here that spotlight will refund?

I may have dreamt that!

we only refund tickets in advance of the event, if the ticket doesn't state anything it's until 24hrs prior to the start of the event

we only refund tickets in advance of the event, if the ticket doesn't state anything it's until 24hrs prior to the start of the event

Thanks. Have the tickets been selling out? If I leave it until the day do you think i'll be OK? (It will be the 17th Aug)

Thanks. Have the tickets been selling out? If I leave it until the day do you think i'll be OK? (It will be the 17th Aug)

they haven't sold out but keep in mind the event goes off sale in the morning at 10am so if you miss that you'll just have to buy on the door (and in this case, definitely make sure you go early)

they haven't sold out but keep in mind the event goes off sale in the morning at 10am so if you miss that you'll just have to buy on the door (and in this case, definitely make sure you go early)

Just got my tickets... The Sonica live broadcast confirmed it for me. Plus it's my Birthday next Wed.
Going to be doing Taxis that night. Hopefully we'll find one otherwise I might be starting my Ibiza coastal walk a bit earlier than anticipated!

ok. please do go early (7-8pm), you won't regret it
So we went last night and it have to say it was fantastic!!

Our kids are 12 and 8 and this appeared to be the perfect evening based both on the format and the reviews I'd read. So after a bit of confusion at the door with respect to ticket prices and kids, it looks like it's full price tickets for over 10s (maybe :confused:) and under 10s get a wristband from the kids section just by the entrance before you go in and they are 20 euros. I can't comment on the actual kids section, as neither of ours used it. It looks to be aimed at smaller kids, but you could duck in and out of it without too much bother.

We rocked up there at 6 as I wanted to make sure we were in the car park, but was turned away because they were delayed setting up due to the rain, so gave it 45 mins and then went back. The car park look likes it fills quickly, so I'd bear that in mind if you're driving. If you are there early you are getting value for money at what is a beautiful venue and it's not like you are going to be bored waiting for things to happen.

The night is as good as the reviews you've read, so I won't go over the same ground, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The complete range of ages and people is so refreshing and the vibe is fantastic. It's also great watching the event transition from the early evening into the night. My kids loved it, especially my 8 year old; I think he danced almost the entire time. Plus, having it with your son on the dance floor attracts a lot of attention from the ladies ;)

Other things worth a mention. Drink prices look to be club prices. Food and cocktails are bought using tokens; these are 5 euros each and for most stuff you'll need two of them.

So in summary, I recommend this for absolutely everyone. I'm pretty sure anyone going would love it as something different and if you are here with the family and are looking for that some place where you can give the kids an introduction into what Ibiza can be like, then this is it, but without stating the obvious it won't be a cheap night.

So we went last night and it have to say it was fantastic!!

Our kids are 12 and 8 and this appeared to be the perfect evening based both on the format and the reviews I'd read. So after a bit of confusion at the door with respect to ticket prices and kids, it looks like it's full price tickets for over 10s (maybe :confused:) and under 10s get a wristband from the kids section just by the entrance before you go in and they are 20 euros. I can't comment on the actual kids section, as neither of ours used it. It looks to be aimed at smaller kids, but you could duck in and out of it without too much bother.

We rocked up there at 6 as I wanted to make sure we were in the car park, but was turned away because they were delayed setting up due to the rain, so gave it 45 mins and then went back. The car park look likes it fills quickly, so I'd bear that in mind if you're driving. If you are there early you are getting value for money at what is a beautiful venue and it's not like you are going to be bored waiting for things to happen.

The night is as good as the reviews you've read, so I won't go over the same ground, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The complete range of ages and people is so refreshing and the vibe is fantastic. It's also great watching the event transition from the early evening into the night. My kids loved it, especially my 8 year old; I think he danced almost the entire time. Plus, having it with your son on the dance floor attracts a lot of attention from the ladies ;)

Other things worth a mention. Drink prices look to be club prices. Food and cocktails are bought using tokens; these are 5 euros each and for most stuff you'll need two of them.

So in summary, I recommend this for absolutely everyone. I'm pretty sure anyone going would love it as something different and if you are here with the family and are looking for that some place where you can give the kids an introduction into what Ibiza can be like, then this is it, but without stating the obvious it won't be a cheap night.

Thanks very much.

How do the tokens work? Is there a stall selling tokens or something?

Also did you see many Taxi's coming and going?

There's two places selling them. One when you come in and one by the main bar. All very easy to find and buy and use. Everything is well laid out in there, with the minimal amount of hassle.

We left around 23:30 and there were plenty of cabs dropping off. Obviously you'll be there a lot later, so hard to tell what it would be like then. My guess would be that you'll okay; you may just have a bit of a wait.

Reactions: PP
HYTE. went last week, basically only to see caribou live, but talabot was also on the bill as well as floorplan in the main room and dice in the terrace.

first disappointment was john talabot not being there, again flight problems apparently. this can happen to any promoter and happened to a good few already this year, so that's something you have to live with, especially this summer it seems. instead of him warming up the terrace it was tobi neumann, whom I like quite a lot, but the warm up IMO was too hard for what followed.

then caribou live, they were great and it really was one of the gigs I was most looking forward to all summer. the terrace was nicely busy for that, but the thing is, for an artist like that, 'nicely busy' is just not good enough. again though, for that I'm not sure we can blame hyte in any way, because I've seen it quite a few times already that electronic live acts (from which people like me and other proper electronic music lovers think they should fill clubs on their own), don't really cut the mustard here. again something that has happened lots of times before, but hyte can't have been overly happy with that outcome I think.

after caribou it was dice's turn. stayed for maybe another half an hour and then left.

verdict - I'll have to go again to get a second taste (a night in the main room I think), but for now, just like last year, I'm honestly still not sold on the whole thing. I know the numbers are a bit better than last year, but I believe they're still not up there where they should be. and I can't stop thinking that musically (at least for 80% of the line up) it is mostly just too close to music on. I've never made a secret that I'm personally fed up with the generic tech house played in so many places, but yeah, it really is this. I also think that some of the line ups are still a bit all over the show. the neumann-caribou-dice example, but then also the liebing-harvey-rodrigues one in two weeks time. over the course of the whole season they have a few great artists coming to play, but when I look at those line ups, I often think 'hmmm I'd like to see THAT DJ (or live act), but before and after...naaah'. I'm sure though that tech house lovers enjoy hyte a lot.
http://www.viciousmagazine.com/hyte-cayo-en-la-trampa/

^ that's actually quite an interesting piece

for the English speakers, that article is basically saying that HYTE fell short this season because it didn't adapt to the 'Ibiza way' of doing things. Ibiza isn't Berlin, Frankfurt or Detroit and anyone who thinks they draw parallels between ibiza and those cities is living in fantasy land..

Sol House mixed by Ibiza Rocks, underrated place with famous jose Padilla Dj & othe djs that play good house music ..can't wait to be back when around San an bay
14440876_10208625506807745_5394178251123375621_n.jpg

oh yeah, some cracking views from up there!!!

C1vaMh1XEAAjhSv.jpg

SH
the 2 girls met at ocean beach had beter bum..& long legs
South african blonde in tonga & high heels at ocean beach (her fb is inactive, her insta So_TOP_ looks like a bum page :eek: ) & brunette italian girl in high heels bikini too (didnt have time to have a chat as they really impress me but just ask a pic with them i keep for private :lol:, a pic on my insta :D)at ocean beach ibiza sensations :spank:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back