summer 2016 - what's hot and what's not

Status
Not open for further replies.

stivi

ok so the season is already a month old, time to start this. I'll post bits and pieces about parties that do well, others that don't etc. everyone feel free to add comments and their own experience

SOLID GROOVES at privilege - their first two dates have been very successful. this one has taken over from where do not sleep left. of course it will have a stronger competition once afterlife is open, but for now this looks like one of the really good nights at vista club.

ACID SUNDAYS at heart - still very successful as last year. I haven't been myself yet, but have heard mixed feedback from various people over the last few days. seems that some people who were big fans last year are now rather underwhelmed.

SOLOMUN+1 at pacha - this one keeps on giving.

CIRCOLOCO at dc10 - as mentioned elsewhere gets busy notably later nowadays and june dates have been comfy busy compared to what everyone is used to when going to dc10.

we also have a first cancellation of the season....coming tomorrow I think

All that has potentially blasted my schedule to pieces. I'm going to have to go to about 10 parties in 5 days

SOLID GROOVES at privilege - their first two dates have been very successful. this one has taken over from where do not sleep left. of course it will have a stronger competition once afterlife is open, but for now this looks like one of the really good nights at vista club.

Good to hear. They've put some decent parties on in London and a lot of the DJs are big on the scene, particularly at 'after hours' places. Michael Bibi has had some tunes getting exposure on podcasts such as Defected which helps.

Hope they keep it going, can imagine it is probably popular with workers too?

Been going since 1995 and I honestly think Solumun at Pacha was my best ever Ibiza experience

I experienced Pacha for the first time last year for Insane, didn't get what the hype was about then went two days later for Solomun and it was a completely different experience. The whole place just came alive like I didn't see it before

I experienced Pacha for the first time last year for Insane, didn't get what the hype was about then went two days later for Solomun and it was a completely different experience. The whole place just came alive like I didn't see it before

Yeah, I went to Insane last year as I'm a big Digweed fan and it just wasn't as 'alive' if that makes sense. The Vagabondos nights back around 2012 were pretty good too IMO, but still not quite as good as Solumun. Morillo was good too, in his heyday, but again still not as good as Solumun

First cancellation bets as said earlier in the year? Got to be 'I am a rich bitch' at Privi. Got to be...!

Was thinking of going to to this after Solomun at Destino in August (Yousef is playing and I'm a fan), glad to hear it's looking good so far.

How has my favorite party Cocoon been doing Stivi? I was at the opening which as we've discussed was incredibly busy.

I know things dip around June, but would be interested to hear your feedback.

How has my favorite party Cocoon been doing Stivi? I was at the opening which as we've discussed was incredibly busy.

I know things dip around June, but would be interested to hear your feedback.

I sadly missed weeks 2 and 3 (which did OK as far as I've heard) and was only back on monday night. as villalobos was a no-show because he missed a flight, sven ended up playing the terrace instead of the main room as originally planned. mano played longer in the main room and then dana ruh stepped in. the terrace was VERY busy all night, understandably the main room was then a bit less busy when dana took over and had sven playing in the other room. but so far cocoon's doing totally alright.

Hi, what was the specific criticism of Acid Sundays?

I heard various points; last sunday the music apparently wasn't all that, then it's not exactly the same team behind it and a few details (deco, performances etc) have changed and people just say it's lost that really special touch it had last year. but let me repeat, I haven't been myself yet so in this case it's really hearsay of friends of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back