Spotlight Running Club

Anyone fancy a trip ooop Norf for the Great North Run in 2013? ;)

Could incorporate with a trip to see the in-laws :)

All my buddies from my home town who are into running love this run saying the atmosphere is amazing and is the first proper race most of them ran in.

Going for my first run in over two weeks tonight following an operation I had.

I know it's going to hurt but can't wait to get back out.

Not sure if I'm returning to training a bit soon, but I can almost feel my fitness levels depleting every day i don't train!
:lol:

Thank you sir it sure is a hilly beast, i did my marathon in 3:20 so you see what i mean when i said i found this tough, it's six miles shorter!!!!!

Massive respect for running 20+ miles on the South Downs, I went out and did my first South Downs run a few weeks ago and ran 4 miles (and it felt like about 15 :oops::lol:)

I definitely want to incorporate some regular off road hill running into my training as it definitely makes me a better runner but boy does it hurt :spank:

Massive respect for running 20+ miles on the South Downs, I went out and did my first South Downs run a few weeks ago and ran 4 miles (and it felt like about 15 :oops::lol:)

I definitely want to incorporate some regular off road hill running into my training as it definitely makes me a better runner but boy does it hurt :spank:

And also a little more forgiving on the joints.

With all this talk of off-road running (plus I am still on a high from Sunday :lol:) I've just signed up for the Beach Head Marathon in October - 26 miles of off-road running on the very hilly South Downs :spank:

There's obviously no hope of getting anywhere close to a PB time (plenty of people do it as a run/walk/run/walk race) so I'm going to just treat it as a 'fun run' - well as 'fun' as running 26 miles on the South Down in October can be :lol:

Anyone else up for it?! ;)

BUPA 10k entered for 3rd year running... ordered a pair of Brooks Green Silence to see if this minimal running lark will actually be better for me than feet smothered in foam and supports...

BUPA 10k entered for 3rd year running... ordered a pair of Brooks Green Silence to see if this minimal running lark will actually be better for me than feet smothered in foam and supports...

After you posted the article about minimal running shoes, googled such and came across these;
FF20238XM.jpg

An interesting development:eek:

Be sure to post your sponsor link if you are running for charidee in the BUPA?

After you posted the article about minimal running shoes, googled such and came across these;
FF20238XM.jpg

An interesting development:eek:

Be sure to post your sponsor link if you are running for charidee in the BUPA?

i was gonna pay for it myself.. but as yr feeling genourous, ill start one up. lol. we all might need rescuing from he sea one day...

those 5 fingers are wrong.

making a switch to a flatter shoe, mainly after thinking about my experiences having my legs wrecked by the asics kayanos and all the 'support' they provide, and to try and run more mid/firefoot...

Back