Spotlight Running Club

djchewie

anymore runners on here? 8)

I'm running my first Half Marathon this weekend (Royal Parks Half - feel free to sponsor!) around london.

Aiming for sub 2hrs, which means an even pace of 9:10 p/m

I do quite a bit of running, did a half marathon last year, was aiming for sub 1hr 50min but did it in 1hr 57min. to be honest it was horrible, mainly because the most I'd done in training prior to the run was 10 miles and it was the last 3 miles that killed me!
I'm gonna do it again in March though but train harder and hopefully crack the 1hr 50 mark!

On-going I do around 3 runs a week which consists of 2 lots of interval training and 1 run of around 10k.

Anyway good luck for Sunday.

I run but I haven't ran in a race before... I started running outdoors a few years ago but I just run home from work and it is only 5 miles.

I actually really hate running even after 3 years I still hate it.

Any tips?

I run but I haven't ran in a race before... I started running outdoors a few years ago but I just run home from work and it is only 5 miles.

I actually really hate running even after 3 years I still hate it.

Any tips?

:D Running is hard to love at times, but i love the feeling after a hard run.

I find that a good playlist on your ipod works wonders!

Which reminds me, does anyone have any good running track reccomendations? I need to change mine as it's getting a bit stale

anymore runners on here? 8)

I'm running my first Half Marathon this weekend (Royal Parks Half - feel free to sponsor!) around london.

Aiming for sub 2hrs, which means an even pace of 9:10 p/m

Hi Chewie

Sub 2hrs is good going, good luck for next sunday.

i've got one in edinburgh in a few weeks, http://www.mhsurvival.co.uk/page34.asp,

which i'm looking forward to, but not one for a PB.

Benidorm for me in 6 weeks, ill be donning my union jack shorts with beer in hand.

No Pb's for me this time either as Im nowhere near as fit as I was. I'll be happy to finish and enjoy it.

:D Running is hard to love at times, but i love the feeling after a hard run.

I find that a good playlist on your ipod works wonders!

Which reminds me, does anyone have any good running track reccomendations? I need to change mine as it's getting a bit stale

I love the feeling after a run! But I think for me it is a mental issue. I need to learn to get into "the zone" if that is at all possible.

I only do it once a week now because I cycle into work. But I left my bike at home this morning (not knowing there was a tube strike!) and I am running home this evening. I'm already dreading it :lol:

Hello :lol:

I started running just over a year ago - before then I didn't even own a pair of trainers and smoked 20+ Marlboro Lights a day :lol: But I have well and truly caught the running bug - ran my first half marathon in June (2:04:01) and am running the Brighton marathon next April.

I've been running a bit over the summer (2 or 3x a week but just steady runs to keep me ticking over) but have started back in full training as of the weekend and just devised my marathon training programme (thanks Liam :lol:)

No worries my love. ;) I cant recommend it enough, they are great and (touch wood) i've enjoyed 4 injury free marathons because of them, and thoroughly enjoyed each one.

Tom got home from work and I couldn't wait to show him my training plan :oops::oops::lol:

What did you do on day 7? I am thinking of swimming - yay/nay?

Ex runner here. I got the bug doing a Race For Life about 5 years ago, and built up to the GNR in 2007 which was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life! Not just the actual day but the time which I had to put into training for 3 months beforehand.

Sirens I was like you. I HATED the actual running but I loved the sense of achievement after a run, and competing with myself to better my times.

I had to give it up as my right hip is knackered but I've got a lovely collection of race t-shirts to wear to the gym which I'm proud of :lol:.

Ex runner here. I got the bug doing a Race For Life about 5 years ago, and built up to the GNR in 2007 which was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life! Not just the actual day but the time which I had to put into training for 3 months beforehand.

Sirens I was like you. I HATED the actual running but I loved the sense of achievement after a run, and competing with myself to better my times.

I had to give it up as my right hip is knackered but I've got a lovely collection of race t-shirts to wear to the gym which I'm proud of :lol:.

Maybe if I competed I would start enjoying it?

I don't do it for the fitness, I get enough CV. I do it so that I can overcome my hatred towards it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the dullness that kills me. I need something stimulatin and a sense of danger so mountain biking is my bag, doing the coast 2 coast (Whitehaven to Sunderland) next april.

It's the dullness that kills me. I need something stimulatin and a sense of danger so mountain biking is my bag, doing the coast 2 coast (Whitehaven to Sunderland) next april.

You see I really like the monotony of it - I love putting some music on, switching off mentally and just running and running and running :lol:

I agree, I don't find the running bit 'that' hard but training for a race is so time consuming - I feel a real saddo when people ask me if I'm going for after work drinks on a Friday and I have to say 'I'm not drinking as I have to do my long run on Saturday morning' :oops::oops::lol:

You see I really like the monotony of it - I love putting some music on, switching off mentally and just running and running and running :lol:

forrest-gump3.jpg

;)

Ooooh Mr Boardgrrrrl was only talking about that in the pub last night.

How many miles is that?

Ooooh Mr Boardgrrrrl was only talking about that in the pub last night.

How many miles is that?

120 miles, we are doing it over 4 days though.

30 miles per day, not so bad. I'm starting training now, going out for a 15 mile MB ride on sat & going the gym & doing 10k X 3 times per week. Just building up then will really have to up the ante in Jan:eek:.

Back