Solomun+1 2018

I remember one of the original PS2 GTA games you could put the disc into a CD player and play the soundtrack - was great!

good idea ! I've never played them as the video game 'thing' went away when I was quite young

What I would do to be there tonight... Last week was great. It's also pretty fun being able to drive Solomun around on the new GTA update and enjoy a set from him and all!

Tale of Us broadcast their GTA afterhours set "live" on fb last night - had 9K people watching it. A computer game!! :lol::lol:

Tale of Us broadcast their GTA afterhours set "live" on fb last night - had 9K people watching it. A computer game!! :lol::lol:
I honestly thought they woulda just had the DJs character model and set in it but they have went all out it appears. Solomun even speaks quite a bit and has to land a private plane after the pilot passes out!

Finally here and ready for the first +1 out of 2 for the holiday. Any reviews on this Chloe ? What can we be in for tonight ?

Right just up from last night.

Pacha - dunno if it’s because of states i’ve been in previously or the fact we went early but it seemed completely different (in a very good way) we had room for the time we were there which wasn’t expected, plenty bars and the booth was in a great location.

The night itself...we ended up leaving at about 3 (got there for 12) due to the fact gf didn’t feel to well (and was sick tbf when we got back) and i couldn’t for the life of me get any ‘cowies’ ha. So we were just drinking and after being out in Ibz town from 9 and the. Drinking in pacha you can imagine how much it was costing us.

Even though we left at 3 i was fully satisfied with the night. Solomuns warm up if you can call it that was absolutley rocking (never been before so dunno if he changed style due to it being sven after) sven continued it and it was still really good when we left. The ‘vibe’ was unreal everyone was off the nut which was funny to see when just drinking and it was mostly english (where we were in anyways) so it felt comfortable in terms of not having to worry too much about pickpockets etc (though there was pne gang next to us so we swiftly moved away when we noticed).

Don’t have a bad word to say about last night enjoyed it massively from when we got there until leaving!

Now to have a quiet one and onto resitance tomorrow which i well get more prepaided for...

My thoughts on last night ... it was a good one:

After a bit of day drinking in Plaza del Parc and the Port we fixed a large amount of supplies for our group of 5. Did a mini-test and then managed to get a couple of hours kip before heading to Destino for about 10.15.

Blond:ish were playing a “desert-House” style and the highlight was the Bicep remix of Higher Level. The bad weather never quite materialised but knowing Solomun was playing from 12 we headed near to Pacha at around 11.30 and grabbed some beers in a nearby bar (5 Cana for €10!).

Entered Pacha at 12.15 and maybe due to the weather forecast and Solomun playing from the off the dance floor filled up nicely early and the first hour Solomun played a fairly laid back set upping the pace from 1am. At this point we had lost a mate who had over indulged and this set-us back a bit. Turns out he fell asleep in a toilet and only re-surfaced 45 minutes later after we had made numerous tours of the club looking for him and fearing the worst (had he been knicked, chucked out or worse etc.). So at this point me and the wife left the others and headed upstairs behind the Dj booth and bumped into a couple we had met on our first trip in July who said we had inspired them to come again due to our multiple trips and after the Diynamic Festival in London was cancelled.

Took a while for the “vibe” to hit us but half an ikea pencil was soon to be working a treat as Sven took over. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from him but after we had been to Cocoon in July it was (literally) more of the same but in a good way rolling out the current favourites (Koze - Pick Up, Butch - Countach, Newtron Dance etc.) for my pals this was a great treat as don’t really get out to Ibiza as much as we do and they said they had a great time.

Handing back to Solomun at 5am and he upped to ante with a really nice set with very little I recognised from previous or online sets and a real return to form. We left at 6.15 and maybe a little gutted we didn’t hang on later to hear how and when the night finished.

Special note to @Johnny Vodka who we randomly sat next to upstairs during a chill out ... we had a nice chat after I guessed that as his name was John and he was Scottish it must be him!

All in all a great night but maybe not as good as one or two other +1s I’ve been to (Michael Mayer and Mind Against are my two favs of all time).

Lucky for us we are back in October for closing with Adriatique and already trying to work out a strategy for how to last all the way to midday for that one.

Back