Solomun+1 2018

Blond:ish were playing a “desert-House” style and the highlight was the Bicep remix of Higher Level.
I was at Destino too and was pretty pleased with Blond:ish set as this was first time I saw them playing. Magical moment for me was when they dropped Jozif - Cathy’s Diamonds.
Also like you,we went to Pacha, missed Solomun’s opening set as we got there at the moment Sven came on. I haven’t experienced any Cocoon nights this season so I can’t really say at what standards he played but I thought it killed it! Driving tunes and the crowd seems to be really into it. One of the best atmosphere I witnessed at Pacha and I’ve been there many times over the years.
Solomun’s closing set was also great, he can be a bit hit and miss with me at times but last night he was brilliant very bouncing and not much dad dancing! LOL

My thoughts on last night ... it was a good one:

After a bit of day drinking in Plaza del Parc and the Port we fixed a large amount of supplies for our group of 5. Did a mini-test and then managed to get a couple of hours kip before heading to Destino for about 10.15.

Blond:ish were playing a “desert-House” style and the highlight was the Bicep remix of Higher Level. The bad weather never quite materialised but knowing Solomun was playing from 12 we headed near to Pacha at around 11.30 and grabbed some beers in a nearby bar (5 Cana for €10!).

Entered Pacha at 12.15 and maybe due to the weather forecast and Solomun playing from the off the dance floor filled up nicely early and the first hour Solomun played a fairly laid back set upping the pace from 1am. At this point we had lost a mate who had over indulged and this set-us back a bit. Turns out he fell asleep in a toilet and only re-surfaced 45 minutes later after we had made numerous tours of the club looking for him and fearing the worst (had he been knicked, chucked out or worse etc.). So at this point me and the wife left the others and headed upstairs behind the Dj booth and bumped into a couple we had met on our first trip in July who said we had inspired them to come again due to our multiple trips and after the Diynamic Festival in London was cancelled.

Took a while for the “vibe” to hit us but half an ikea pencil was soon to be working a treat as Sven took over. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from him but after we had been to Cocoon in July it was (literally) more of the same but in a good way rolling out the current favourites (Koze - Pick Up, Butch - Countach, Newtron Dance etc.) for my pals this was a great treat as don’t really get out to Ibiza as much as we do and they said they had a great time.

Handing back to Solomun at 5am and he upped to ante with a really nice set with very little I recognised from previous or online sets and a real return to form. We left at 6.15 and maybe a little gutted we didn’t hang on later to hear how and when the night finished.

Special note to @Johnny Vodka who we randomly sat next to upstairs during a chill out ... we had a nice chat after I guessed that as his name was John and he was Scottish it must be him!

All in all a great night but maybe not as good as one or two other +1s I’ve been to (Michael Mayer and Mind Against are my two favs of all time).

Lucky for us we are back in October for closing with Adriatique and already trying to work out a strategy for how to last all the way to midday for that one.

Looks like there was a few spotlighters that were out last night then!

Nothing to much else to add to the reviews.

Liked Destino, first time there and it was far more "clubby" than the reviews I read. It was defo going off in bits.

Solomun +1 was AMAZING. Got in about 2 and it was uncomfortably busy. Managed to squeeze to the toilet area on the left of the dancefloor where there was a little more room. I knew the crowds would start to dwindle soon and it slowly did start to ease.
Then moved to front of dj booth where i stayed all night from 3.30 or so till the end.
Sven was so good. Solomun amazing too.

funny to read how many of you were there last night :) so here is my two cents:

the missus and me treated ourselves to a pacha restaurant dinner. it was 95 eur per person minimum spend to be allowed into the club later on. so we really splashed out and also bought drinks to go to hit the minimum spend, as the waiter insisted on it to reach the 190eur. we felt pretty ripped off though when after paying we could just walk over to the dancefloor, just as if we had only bought a starter and a cola :/

so we caught all of sven who was in party mode with lots of friends. I've heard Sven twice already this summer and I was happy to have house-sven for an hour or so before his usual techno bangers this summer. never too dark, always breaking the set with something else, fantastic! had to leave at 5.30 so can't really comment on solomun.

going to see him with tale of us, hoping for an amazing trip, it will be my first time at pacha

Same here. Been dying to hear him since this essential mix. Seems like both have had mixed reviews this year so hoping they won't disappoint.

Dance floor was very busy. Was dipping in and out of club and terrace for most of the night so never really got into Solomon’s set, I liked what he was playing although my mates were not as impressed. Left at 5 so not a late one. We all came to the conclusion though that if this was at another venue, we would probably have enjoyed it more (amnesia/privilege) Same with cocoon i dont think these nights suit the club.

Dance floor was very busy. Was dipping in and out of club and terrace for most of the night so never really got into Solomon’s set, I liked what he was playing although my mates were not as impressed. Left at 5 so not a late one. We all came to the conclusion though that if this was at another venue, we would probably have enjoyed it more (amnesia/privilege) Same with cocoon i dont think these nights suit the club.

Shame as i thought last week was really good, specially when it got less busy after 4.
Where in the club where you dancing when you went in?

Kind of all over the club really really.
I’ve never come out of Pacha thinking that was the absolute bees knees, Not since early 2000s mind. Not like nights at amnesia dc10 and space. Don’t get me wrong had a great time last night but don’t have the same affinity as with the other clubs.

I was there, liked the set, but it was too crowded.. it was my first time at pacha i dont know if this is normal but it was almost impossible to get downstairs..

pretty normal for the most popular nights yeah

Back