San Antonio's New Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
theibizasun

Fine
The Amnesia Discotheque will be fined in the region of €60,000 for not respecting the designated closing time last week. The Town Hall had granted an extension until midday for the end of the season party to be held, but way after that time the discotheque remained open. The Local Police were alerted by residents in the village of San Rafael about the excessive music which was still blasting out at 5.00 o'clock in the afternoon. The residents are fed up with the behaviour of the clubbers who converge on both of the nearby discotheques, Amnesia and Privilege, and the subsequent problems when they leave, often drunk or drugged, wandering across the busy main road, creating a danger to both themselves and passing motorists.

the whole thing stinks of corruption to me and anyone with half an ounce of common sense if they read this...

are the police actually saying that they only knew amnesia was still open after being "alerted" by residents?!!?? anyone with half a brain could tell that there was zero chance of amnesia being closed at 12:00... are they saying that there wasn't one single police patrol who happened to be passing amnesia ( on the biggest road in ibiza ) past 12:00?!?!

i mean, the closing party which was supposed to start at 6:00am or so had some of the world's best dj's playing... they're hardly gonna be booked to play for 90mins each... also, anyone only had to look at last year ( with near enough the same line-up ) to know that it was gonna go on past midday....

now, the council come in with a fine that will more than likely be easily paid from the extra ticket revenue that amnesia gets from selling dangerously way beyond their capacity numbers for the closing party!!! i was there last year for the closing party and i'll never go again!!! it's like a death trap waiting to happen!!! it could end up like the Love Parade disaster and then the **** will really hit the fan.... but then again, as long as the people in power are making money, who cares... :spank::twisted:

now, the council come in with a fine that will more than likely be easily paid from the extra ticket revenue that amnesia gets from selling dangerously way beyond their capacity numbers for the closing party!!! i was there last year for the closing party and i'll never go again!!! it's like a death trap waiting to happen!!! it could end up like the Love Parade disaster and then the **** will really hit the fan.... but then again, as long as the people in power are making money, who cares... :spank::twisted:

^^ It's been said too many times and nothing has ever been done to change it. The clubs have been getting fined for over crowding since the 90's and still it goes on. The state of Ibiza right now club wise makes me sick to the stomach.

^^ it's been said too many times and nothing has ever been done to change it. The clubs have been getting fined for over crowding since the 90's and still it goes on. The state of ibiza right now club wise makes me sick to the stomach.
+1

The Golden rule of life in Ibiza is not to piss off your neighbours. Stick to that and you will be ok, abuse it and it wont be long before you are shut down no matter who is in power. Ibiza belongs to the locals, while they are tolerant of all persuasions they dont take kindly to people taking advantage of that hospitality.

ive not been to one of these clubs when the superstar dj's are on, but i imagine the atmosphere must be great when they hit the pause button on the mp3 to announce to the crowd the pies are warm.

:)

i dont think you can say that and imply respect,

its like saying to someone " not wanting to offend you, but your mums a fat whale"

:lol:

whats happening in ibiza right now, are there still plenty of people out and about??

kev

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think you can say that and imply respect,

its like saying to someone " not wanting to offend you, but your mums a fat whale"

:lol:

whats happening in ibiza right now, are there still plenty of people out and about??

kev

yeah, it was tongue in cheek.

it's not busy now but the comments were referring to the season overall and specific parties. overall and those parties specifically have been up, up and up on last year.

yeah, it was tongue in cheek.

it's not busy now but the comments were referring to the season overall and specific parties. overall and those parties specifically have been up, up and up on last year.

hi grego

yes i know what you mean

tourism up, that can only be a good thing.

;)

After avoiding San Antonio when ever possible for the last ten years my October trip has made me fall in love with it all over again (albeit minus all the drunks in football tops). Sitting on Mambos decking, after it had closed, watching the sunset with a mix of tourists and locals was fantastic.

After avoiding San Antonio when ever possible for the last ten years my October trip has made me fall in love with it all over again

8) It's a lovely little town. So glad you had a great trip and got some lovely weather too.

Night or day, any time of year, each time I drive on the Ronda over the hill from the South East and see San An in my sights I get a huge sense of relief and well-being to be back up there. Can't resist a drive past the fountains and up the 'Road to Mambo' rather than using the back road either. It just feels great to be up there.

see San An in my sights I get a huge sense of relief and well-being to be back up there. Can't resist a drive past the fountains and up the 'Road to Mambo' rather than using the back road either. It just feels great to be up there.

That's the way I feel whenever i head up there from the south of the island :)

I sat on the Mambos' decking (it was shut down), had a cold beer while my daughter played on the rocks and enjoyed a sunset with a mix of local and tourists on Friday. It was brilliant, lovely atmosphere, can't wait to go back next October now. When I go in June I have booked to spend three of the nights there as well.

thumbs up for MINT - the last survivor on the sunsetstrip .
they said they (try to) stay open all year 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back