San Antonio's New Direction

Status
Not open for further replies.
theibizasun

Harbour
The current financial situation of the Govern will not allow the Port Authority to begin construction of the two new jetties, which will be needed to receive cruise liners, next year. During 2012 it is proposed that several medium-sized vessels will be calling, which will be carrying between 1,500 and 2,000 passengers each. At the moment the near four million euros which the project will cost is not available and it is now a distinct possibility that the private sector will be approached to participate. The shipping lines, hoteliers and other sectors have all expressed their interest in seeing cruise liners being able to dock and bring the lucrative tourism to the town, but a private company would have to be offered the opportunity to recoup their investment in the not too distant future.

How about a windfall tax on the sales revenues of the big nightclubs Space, Ushuaia, Amnesia and Privilege to cover the 4m Euros and let the Govt generate some income in the future ? I'm sure they could manage a whip round between them to pay for a few jetties in San Antonio...

Come to think of it, a seriously good idea is probably a 15% local tax on all VIP spend which clubs can pass on if they want to. People who can afford to dish out thousands a night for a table won't be sensitive to that. Seeing as we're told a huge % of club revenues come from VIP this would be much more effective than any kind of tax on profits etc, which will just be fiddled. Less easy to fiddle tax on spending or at least far easier to catch it / make arbitrary tax assessments based on sampling in cases of abuse. The money should be used for infrastructure and development capital expenditure to benefit the whole island.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Island is poorly supported by Palma, where the majority of funding for infrastructure and capital projects comes from. Ibiza should not have to always find funding by itself Palma should be doing more.... but thats politics for you.

(albeit minus all the drunks in football tops)

And what's even more surprising about your comment is that the majority of those put in this catagory are men in their late 50's early 60's age group. During my last visit to Es Cana recently both home nations International matches were being shown (two tv's) in the same bar/ restaurant & whilst the Scottish fans remained dignified during their game unfortunately it was those wearing England Shirts who having already been seen during the afternoon getting tanked up wearing their football tops come the evening they were rather worse for wear and very undignified given the foul language that could be clearly heard . Infront of small children i might add as well:oops: Shocking very shocking indeed from such so called middle aged groups of men. Still why should i be shocked for afterall it is the English we're talking about:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, we all know it's the locals the ones who like to trash the place!! :confused:

:lol:. Actually there's logic in all this. Landlords renting student accommodation who make the places decent find most of their tenants take much better care of their environment. Not saying it'll work immediately in the West End to stop drunken louts wrecking the joint and laying down a pavement of puke every night but you've got to start somewhere. Maybe more of them'll move on out to Greece .. with any luck !

... useless unless you change the wild bunch who visit the town,
one of the readers says.....
what a smelly fart - that "wild bunch" brings the money since a zillion years :)

the westend is the westend is the westend - like it the way it is ...
10.000s or probably 100.000s of people started their "ibiza-career" due to money-
or other reasons in that area (and "upgraded" later), so there is no reason to change too much .
always spend a few nights there, always some amazing hotties around,
some nice places there and everything quite cheap, so what more do you expect ?

every island needs a place like this and the westend is only 00.01 % from ibiza or whatever ... :twisted:

I like the sound of this... so long as it doesn't get trashed by the locals...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by "the locals" I'm guessing you mean the young holidaymakers who normally inhabit this part of town during the summer?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by "the locals" I'm guessing you mean the young holidaymakers who normally inhabit this part of town during the summer?

No need for correction my friend. By locals, I meant holidaymakers. Updated my post to read...correctly :lol:

do you count 'Golden Buddha' as sunset strip ? open all year...

I love this bar..... Worth the walk (well not for us as we were staying above it 2 floors up lol - excellent food - great crew that go there , mostly Spanish when I have been in - a quality chill out bar with a cracking sunset view and no one claps with the sun sets - gets my vote EVERY time...
8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back