Restaurant reviews

I managed to get a sunbed at sa Trinxa this Wednesday, so it was only natural to have a meal there. That was a first for me - till now, Jockey Club was for meals/sunbeds at Salinas for me, and sa Trinxa was for drinks/music.

The menu offered a lot of different dishes. It had bocadillos/burgers for 15-20€, meat/fish/veg dishes for 25-35€, plus appetizers and desserts. I have to say I liked the menu selection a lot more than what Jockey Club offers.

I chose lamb from the wok with vegetables, couscous, sesame seeds and coriander (33€, from the suggestions of the day inset) and a glass of white sangria (8€). They also brought different breads with aioli and olives (for free). They bring the food right to your beach bed, alternatively you can sit down at a table on their terrace.

sPXL_20230524_140856337.jpg sPXL_20230524_143043277.jpg sPXL_20230524_143200724.jpg sPXL_20230524_143403034.jpg

The sangria, olives and aioli were OK. I liked the breads - there were three different varieties, very fresh, very yummy.

The lamb was amazing - a feast for the eyes, but it tasted even better than it looked. Juicy, tender, fresh, with a bit of herbs while still retaining its lamb taste. I loved every bite. Vegs from the wok tasted great too (they even got the carrots right). The couscous delivered the carbs and went very well together with the stuff from the wok. The couscous did look a bit industrial though.

The staff were friendly and attentive, and I could pay with my Amex with no complaints.

Next time I am going to try their dorada a la plancha (29€). I am afraid Jockey Club has lost a regular customer to sa Trinxa.

Not sure who manages the sunbeds at Salinas, but I love the fact that unlike at other beaches, they don't take away your sunbed at 6pm and you get to keep your sunbed for as long as you want.

It won't be a big revelation to say that sa Trinxa is highly recommended;), but it turned out it is worth coming here even for the food alone!

I just have been invited for the opening ...Will see..
But I won't go, I have my birthday party at the same time.
I will try the restaurant Monday or Tuesday before leaving the island.
We just passed in front of it 5mn ago, nice design.

The lamb was amazing - a feast for the eyes, but it tasted even better than it looked. Juicy, tender, fresh, with a bit of herbs while still retaining its lamb taste. I loved every bite.
I've not tried from the wok, but the lamb chops they do there are always well received by me 😋

Anyone been to Ses Boques recently? Not been before but always really fancied it. Is it easy enough to get a cab out of? Assume you have to walk back to Es Cubels? How steep is it getting back up?

Anyone been to Ses Boques recently? Not been before but always really fancied it. Is it easy enough to get a cab out of? Assume you have to walk back to Es Cubels? How steep is it getting back up?

I think you could probably order a taxi to come down and get you, the road is driveable.

if not, it's first a short but very steep way up from the restaurant back to the road and then a relatively easy walk back to es cubells - maybe 20 mins or so. but to be honest, I'm not sure I would want to do that walk in the afternoon heat right after a big lunch at ses boques.

Thanks @stivi will hopefully take the plunge end of the month. My mate went to Mariner last week as well on the back of one of your recommendations and raved about it so thank you - I'll be booking a table there too!

Thanks @stivi will hopefully take the plunge end of the month. My mate went to Mariner last week as well on the back of one of your recommendations and raved about it so thank you - I'll be booking a table there too!

another one I haven't been back to in a while!

Thank you @ Stivi for the tip regarding " Farinasanta " ! By far the best pizza we have ever eaten in ibiza, and the staff is really top !

Thank you @ Stivi for the tip regarding " Farinasanta " ! By far the best pizza we have ever eaten in ibiza, and the staff is really top !

ha! can you believe we actually just went on saturday night.

and yes, hands down the best pizza on the island for me. cheaper and less fancy than imprevisto, and simply more to my taste.

if you want a 'normal' pizza, then ciao ciao, es tancó, dolce vite (all in playa d'en bossa/sant jordi area) are all good and so is carpe diem in jesús. but if you want a fantastic neapolitan style pizza for a fair price, farina santa is your number one place to go, period.

ha! can you believe we actually just went on saturday night.

and yes, hands down the best pizza on the island for me. cheaper and less fancy than imprevisto, and simply more to my taste.

if you want a 'normal' pizza, then ciao ciao, es tancó, dolce vite (all in playa d'en bossa/sant jordi area) are all good and so is carpe diem in jesús. but if you want a fantastic neapolitan style pizza for a fair price, farina santa is your number one place to go, period.
×onmylistforseptember

A couple of places I visited this time round:

Vegan restaurant, Simbiosis in Ibiza Town:
We had a vegan in our group so went here for the first night (after someones recommendation on here too, thanks). Extremely friendly staff and nice food. We had the roasted aubergine and curried styled meatball type dish (was lentils I think) and both were delicious. Other friend had Taco dish which they didn't enjoy as much but starters were great too.
I'd recommend if vegan and even if not!

Sa Vida in Ibiza Town: This is pretty much our regular every time we go to Ibiza. It's great as always. We had nice duck, croquetas and pork belly dishes. It's reasonably priced too considering the quality of the food.

Es Mercat in Ibiza town:
This one probably was the winner for us over our holidays. Similar price and style to Sa Vida, (not too far from it either) but I thought the quality of the food was outstanding. Their home made pistachio and ham croquetas were amazing. Plus the tuna on an almond and peach sauce was to die for. Made a big deal of all being locally resourced produce which is why part of the main menu looks like changing regularly.
I'd 100% recomend this one to everyone

Tanit Beach Club in PdB:
We don't usually go to these places as we tend to think the extra you pay for the location is not worthwhile but we had the sun beds booked so thought it was easy to just eat there. The experience sort of proved our point. Food was decent, and we all enjoyed it and of course the setting is great, but wouldn't say it's great value for money purely speaking about the food. We had scallop and prawn paella and it was nice, if a little too small portion. Also music was extremely loud while we eat (it was only 2pm), I understand its a beach club but maybe having a table right below the speakers is not the best idea.

Ohana in PDB / Figueretas:
We've ended up here a few times as we tend to stay in the area. Nice food, paella is always tasty, and bigger portions than Tanit. Staff is very welcoming and price wise its good considering its a sea front location

Another one bites the dust… the super cheap but always excellent Chinese in Figueretas promenade (which we’ve been going to for over 15 years) is now a Barbie pink brunch place called Cremat Beach.

Back