Restaurant reviews

Bit of a run down from my "Tell us how it was..." of latest trip...

Sa Punta - Bit of a special one for us, we did a big family meal here 2 nights before we got married in Ibiza 8 years ago...Dinner booked at 9pm...still as beautiful as ever and food was excellent. We had a prawn tempura and a crayfish carpacio, then a ribeye and a black cod and then shared a tiramisu and had coffees and cocktails and wine. Service was ok...there was a waiter who seated us and sorted drinks etc who you could tell was an old pro and then a newer waiter took our order and served from that point, he was fine just less confident. Place was packed with lots of French and Dutch and a big table celebrating a birthday who they did sparklers for and a cake etc. Gorgeous views here so ideal for an occasion.

Ses Boques - Hadn't been here before but this I think was the best meal we had and at half the price of Sa Punta the night before. Lunch at 3pm...We ordered the Sea Bass cooked in salt and had some pimientos de padron and some garlic prawns while we waited as the main was going to take 40 mins. All the starters and the bread were amazing and the wine we ordered was fantastic at 30euros. When the fish came it came with veggies and potatoes and the fish was just the best fish Ive ever tasted...so fresh! Another tiramisu to share and chupitos with the bill as it should be. The setting again is beautiful, it is a secluded spot on a beach. Service was spot on, he was very professional but also friendly and gave us some good recommendations. This will become a regular fixture.

Es Moli de Sal (Formentera) - Friday was boat day and we had a lunch reservation here - again hadn't visited before. Lunch booked for 1430, we were both hungry and decided to go for the paella de carabineros and we had some anchoas and a burrata to share while we waited along with the usual bread and aioli. The place was packed! Lots of people from boats, lots of big tables and all ordering the big paellas or big orders of fish and seafood...it was a real hive of activity with waiters running around all over the place! When the food came it was incredible, one of the best paellas Ive had - every mouthfull of rice had that deep smokey flavour...we didnt leave any! Tiramisu to share and coffees...no chupitos which was a little disappointing but did get a handshake from the waiter...again he looked as though he had worked there all his life and was very proud to have done so....amazing service. Tiramisu was a little disappointing not quite as boozy as the other two we had but was nice all the same. Bill came in more or less the same as Sa Punta but we had less booze here so food was deffo more expensive. A great experience and would go back happily but hopefully not footing the whole bill next time!

Mariner - This was on the last night before we flew home. We had a nightmare getting back from Salinas so we headed straight there which wasn't ideal but I think we pulled it off without anyone realizing! I had a huge plate of jamon to start which was great and the wife had some tempura prawns, then I had an octopus dish for main which was very tasty with a mille feuille potato which was delicious. Wife had a black cod dish which she enjoyed although she did say the aubergine beneath it had a strange texture - tasted fine to me. I had a caramalised french toast with a custard to finish off. Setting was nice just off the port area of Ibiza town...nice and buzzy and good service again. Price was reasonable as well - bill was a good 100 euros less than sa punta and es moli de sal. Would deffo eat here again - was perfect location for where we stayed as well.

Last edited:
La Brasa was one that we walked past and looked gorgeous but view on here has been that the food is poor for the price. Anyone been this season that can report back as it looks beautiful and would probably like to give it a go next time...

La Brasa was one that we walked past and looked gorgeous but view on here has been that the food is poor for the price. Anyone been this season that can report back as it looks beautiful and would probably like to give it a go next time...

nah mate.
it's a beautiful place, but that's about it. just had friends who went a week ago or so and didn't recommend it at all.

nah mate.
it's a beautiful place, but that's about it. just had friends who went a week ago or so and didn't recommend it at all.
Yes second that.. Tried twice over the past couple of trips, just so we hit on a bad night.. Looks Romantic, but thats it.. Better off being a nice bar / lounge and leave the cooking to a proper chef!

Bit of a run down from my "Tell us how it was..." of latest trip...

Sa Punta - Bit of a special one for us, we did a big family meal here 2 nights before we got married in Ibiza 8 years ago...Dinner booked at 9pm...still as beautiful as ever and food was excellent. We had a prawn tempura and a crayfish carpacio, then a ribeye and a black cod and then shared a tiramisu and had coffees and cocktails and wine. Service was ok...there was a waiter who seated us and sorted drinks etc who you could tell was an old pro and then a newer waiter took our order and served from that point, he was fine just less confident. Place was packed with lots of French and Dutch and a big table celebrating a birthday who they did sparklers for and a cake etc. Gorgeous views here so ideal for an occasion.

Ses Boques - Hadn't been here before but this I think was the best meal we had and at half the price of Sa Punta the night before. Lunch at 3pm...We ordered the Sea Bass cooked in salt and had some pimientos de padron and some garlic prawns while we waited as the main was going to take 40 mins. All the starters and the bread were amazing and the wine we ordered was fantastic at 30euros. When the fish came it came with veggies and potatoes and the fish was just the best fish Ive ever tasted...so fresh! Another tiramisu to share and chupitos with the bill as it should be. The setting again is beautiful, it is a secluded spot on a beach. Service was spot on, he was very professional but also friendly and gave us some good recommendations. This will become a regular fixture.

Es Moli de Sal (Formentera) - Friday was boat day and we had a lunch reservation here - again hadn't visited before. Lunch booked for 1430, we were both hungry and decided to go for the paella de carabineros and we had some anchoas and a burrata to share while we waited along with the usual bread and aioli. The place was packed! Lots of people from boats, lots of big tables and all ordering the big paellas or big orders of fish and seafood...it was a real hive of activity with waiters running around all over the place! When the food came it was incredible, one of the best paellas Ive had - every mouthfull of rice had that deep smokey flavour...we didnt leave any! Tiramisu to share and coffees...no chupitos which was a little disappointing but did get a handshake from the waiter...again he looked as though he had worked there all his life and was very proud to have done so....amazing service. Tiramisu was a little disappointing not quite as boozy as the other two we had but was nice all the same. Bill came in more or less the same as Sa Punta but we had less booze here so food was deffo more expensive. A great experience and would go back happily but hopefully not footing the whole bill next time!

Mariner - This was on the last night before we flew home. We had a nightmare getting back from Salinas so we headed straight there which wasn't ideal but I think we pulled it off without anyone realizing! I had a huge plate of jamon to start which was great and the wife had some tempura prawns, then I had an octopus dish for main which was very tasty with a mille feuille potato which was delicious. Wife had a black cod dish which she enjoyed although she did say the aubergine beneath it had a strange texture - tasted fine to me. I had a caramalised french toast with a custard to finish off. Setting was nice just off the port area of Ibiza town...nice and buzzy and good service again. Price was reasonable as well - bill was a good 100 euros less than sa punta and es moli de sal. Would deffo eat here again - was perfect location for where we stayed as well.
I absolutely love Es Moli - tried to get a booking and June and no chance; clearly gotten popular.

Will visit in Aug / Sep.

I absolutely love Es Moli - tried to get a booking and June and no chance; clearly gotten popular.

Will visit in Aug / Sep.

Yeah was heaving for lunch mate....did you call? I looked online and there was nothing but managed to get a table when I called. Always worth a go.

Afternoon, I will be heading over with the family (kids are 13 and 15 so not little) late August and am looking for recommendations of somewhere in Ibiza town for dinner. Ideally looking for somewhere in Dalt Villa or at least fairly close by, but are open to suggestions. We have a few favourites, but fancied something different one night and thought it would be an idea to get recommendations. Have no real prefences or budget constraints. Thanks all!!

What are everyone's favourite authentic Ibizan/Spanish places? Going for a trip in October and wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Absolutely adore Spanish food. Not really into the instagram vibe kind of restaurant, have enjoyed the bodega in Ibizia town as well as Ses Boques

Their sister restaurant Peix Cru at the opposite end of Vara de Rey is so much better and offers more value for money. Lovely setting when on the street Vara de Rey side.

We went there several times over winter / spring with family and on our own, and again with Ibiza friends & visitors last week and everyone loved it. Especially good if you enjoy seafood but the veggie dishes are also excellent, plus good value wine (large verdejo for 3 EUR, which is decent for where it's situated in Ibiza Town).

Their sister restaurant Peix Cru at the opposite end of Vara de Rey is so much better and offers more value for money. Lovely setting when on the street Vara de Rey side.

We went there several times over winter / spring with family and on our own, and again with Ibiza friends & visitors last week and everyone loved it. Especially good if you enjoy seafood but the veggie dishes are also excellent, plus good value wine (large verdejo for 3 EUR, which is decent for where it's situated in Ibiza Town).

Must try this in September as it’s about 30 metres from our apartment … probably the modern decor was a little offputting but will definitely give it a go

secret gig by mexican-spanish supergroup los guapos happening down there right now!

What are everyone's favourite authentic Ibizan/Spanish places? Going for a trip in October and wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Absolutely adore Spanish food. Not really into the instagram vibe kind of restaurant, have enjoyed the bodega in Ibizia town as well as Ses Boques
Es Rebost de Can Prats in San Antonio is superb. The food is absolutely divine, the service is very good and fuss-free and their polpo de Fritto and greixonerra are two of the best things I've ever tasted in Ibiza!
https://www.esrebostdecanprats.com

Does anyone have any recommendations for tapas? We’re staying in SE but have a car so happy to drive.

I have 6 nights from 20 August and booked my quota of meat for the week - balafia and donde marian. Will grab some paella from Sa Trenka one day (ok maybe even two days) and also head to Bar Costa for some jamon on another - so keen to get stuck into some good tapas on a day or two during our visit. Thanks heaps.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tapas? We’re staying in SE but have a car so happy to drive.

I have 6 nights from 20 August and booked my quota of meat for the week - balafia and donde marian. Will grab some paella from Sa Trenka one day (ok maybe even two days) and also head to Bar Costa for some jamon on another - so keen to get stuck into some good tapas on a day or two during our visit. Thanks heaps.

Rincon de Pepe on restaurant street in Santa is good tapas. Love it there!

I am a bit obsessed with the place and biased - but I never come to Ibiza without returning to La Bodega in Ibiza Town!

Similar to above, but don't have a car so a bit more limited, any recommendations for restaurants in Santa Eulalia please? Thinking about taking a taxi out to the restaurant at Las Dalias one night if its worth it..?

Similar to above, but don't have a car so a bit more limited, any recommendations for restaurants in Santa Eulalia please? Thinking about taking a taxi out to the restaurant at Las Dalias one night if its worth it..?
It's simply good food at a reasonable price with the added bonus of being located right next to the market/party. It's nothing out of this world, but it doesn't need to be imo. I never have any complaints

Back