Restaurant Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibiza-girlie said:
we laughed so hard at the sign just in fron of us where someone has scribled out "Eivissa"
and replaced the word with "Ibiza" (some Spanish-Catalan war I suppose!)
AE72E8.jpg
AE746A.jpg

YEAH THERE IT ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! And if you could see the entire sign it says San Juan to the left and we went down that road, a few minuted later Bambuddha popped up! miles away from St. Eulalia!

Ibiza-girlie said:
miles away from St. Eulalia!
you are wrong again!! :lol:

that area is part of santa eulalia :!:

here you have the 5 municipios:

municipis_271x307.gif

just because its on the road to san juan it doesnt mean its in san juan. that road starts
on the roundabout next to pacha in ibiza town so it crosses 3 municipios!! :idea:

if you click on map you will see that it says santa eulalia!! :spank:

you dont even know where is your favourite restaurant!! :lol:

Ibiza-girlie said:
yeah they do that a lot.......apparently every region of spain wants its own government and country hehe!

Completly wrong. Not every region wants governement and country, actually a minority amount of people from few regions would like own government and country.
It's a very long and complicated issue that brings to the country lots of problems like ETA terrorism that has much more to see with history than anything else.
THe issue of the languages is historical too

I was kidding!! jesus when do you peeps start to notice, you take everything so seriously! I was just referring the the basque peeps!

Ibiza-girlie said:
I was kidding!! jesus when do you peeps start to notice, you take everything so seriously! I was just referring the the basque peeps!

If you refer to the Basque Country don't say that every region in Spain wants own governement :!:
If you refer to the Basque Country issue, that has killed hundreds of people, I wouldn't think it's funny :!:

Name: Thai'd up
Where : At the end of Sa Penya, Ibiza Town
Food : Thai
Style : Located in one of the old fisherman's houses that characterise this area of Ibiza Town, small cellar like interior with open kitchen. Some outdoor seating. Authentic Thai cuisine cooked by Thai chef's.
Opinion : Excellent, authentic dishes cooked to order. Friendly service. We really enjoyed eating here. Recommended.
Price : Two starters, two mains, and a couple of drinks was about 55 euros

McRackin said:
McRackin said:
NetX said:
there´s a nice tapas bar at the corner caietano soler when you go to the Dalt Villa
wall from Vara de Rey

its called sa murada!! ;)

here is sa murada:

MVC-011S.JPG

fascinating - mcrackin has a pic for everything ;)

well, just booked for early september today - must check this thread again for good and "new" restaurant ideas :)

@McRackin: Any pics of Freus Apartments in Figueretas at hand? Would be very appreciated... oh, and the parking situation would be interesting, too - last year Don Quijote was horrible for parking ;)

Ibiza-girlie said:
Name: Bambuddhas Grove!
Where: Northwest of Santa Eulalia
Food: Oriental style, Spanish Paella - a lot of chicken, noodles, soups, deliscious starters and fruits for dessert!
Style: Oriental with buddha statues in the entrance. There´s a cool bar where you can lie on the piles of pillows stashed there, on divans like a maroccan prince/sse - the drinks are good but not cheap!
Opinion: The most beautiful exotic place Ive been to in Ibiza, dining wise! The place has that certain magical feeling to it, a lot of beautiful people dine there and its relaxed but also glam!
price: 100 Euro for a 3 course meal, a bottle of mine, softdrinks and extras!

The ambiance/atmosphere at this place is excellent. Food-wise I agree that it's definitely not cheap but also average. Nevertheless I enjoyed myself immensely and met a lot of cool people ;) Oh, KM5 is nice too!

Yeah, Bambuddah Grove looks great but food is highly variable and service just appalling. Pricey too.

Worth a trip to look at the place but overall, can't help feeling disappointed by the experience.

I went to D'alt Vila for the first time last week (see my highlighted review) and it was breathtaking, in fact forget the clubs this was probably our best night out.

There are a wide variety of bustling restaraunts mostly set on the cobbled streets. Very romantic location. We chose Sa Ventana and it was excellent. The meal was kicked off with rustic bread served with a delightfully presented pate. The missus had a chilled melon & ginger soup which was very good and again well presented. The highlight was my Foie fresco a la plancha. first time trying this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was served with a apple and orange chutney and olive & chilli jus.

We shared a bottle of cabernet sauvignon which was cheap in comparison to the quality. I had a argentinian entrecotte which was both ample and very tasty (one of the best steaks I have had in quite some time!). The missus had what she described as the best tagliatelle she had ever had! Service, atmosphere, setting and presentation were faultless. I even let the missus have a chocalate tart with manderin sorbet (I never let her have pudding!!) and even sampled the sorbet myself - most impressive. The total bill came to 76,50 but as it was so good I paid 90,00. Forget your trendy hangouts etc..... if you have not sampled the delights that D'alt Vila has to offer you have not lived, so many quality restaraunts so little time :rolleyes:

I have to say many of these restaraunts put Britain to shame, especially for price vs quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back