Restaurant Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best place for munchies in San An has to be cafe mambo

The food is so yummy , u get good music while you eat an its pretty cheap!

stephen said:
i'm afraid a shudder runs up my spine whenever i see the words chill and out. there's nothing guaranteed to give me more stress than enforced relaxation!

ha ha i thought i was the only person that got that feeling in these places, can go into a normal bar/restuarant etc and relax but put me in a chillout bar and i just get wound up, its the same as chill out music on beaches i would be more chilled out and relaxed listening to music i liked whatever tempo/genre it was but i have to be honest I HATE CHILLOUT MUSIC

Name: Banyan Palace

Where: San Antonio Bay (round near Summum)

Food: Thai

Style: Beautifully designed Thai style decor, chunky wooden tables and chairs, varied menu - more than one dish for veggies! Everything you see is for sale as well! If you like a particular peice of furniture, just name your price!

Opinion: The food was superb and very well presented. I had Tuna baked in spinach with a fragrant rice which all melted in the mouth. Other dished sampled were chicken with cashew nuts, green chicken curry and spring rolls that were made with spinach instead of the ususal thin 'pastry'!

The service however was dubious!! I would advise that you order your drinks/cocktails as soon as you get in there as they take so long to come (unless you have a bottle of wine which doesn't take so long!)

Price: 2 courses plus wine for 2 people €70 depending on what you have. Main dish prices range from €14 to €20

hot-bi said:
stephen said:
i'm afraid a shudder runs up my spine whenever i see the words chill and out. there's nothing guaranteed to give me more stress than enforced relaxation!

ha ha i thought i was the only person that got that feeling in these places, can go into a normal bar/restuarant etc and relax but put me in a chillout bar and i just get wound up, its the same as chill out music on beaches i would be more chilled out and relaxed listening to music i liked whatever tempo/genre it was but i have to be honest I HATE CHILLOUT MUSIC

HAHAHA ME TOO :D :D i thought i was some kinda freek.

Ibiza-girlie said:
nope dunno that one, but there are amny great ones.
ANYONE BEEN TO VILLA MERCEDES???

yep im just back from ibiza and checked this place out and have to say it was fantastic from the food down to the service??
also a really cool place to hang out exellent decor and nice chilled laid back beats. If anyone goes try and book a table on the terrace at the top its nice and cool and you have some stunning views of the bay! i actually didnt feel like i was in san antonio....
would strongly recomend this place to anyone? :D

jazzfunk said:
Ibiza-girlie said:
nope dunno that one, but there are amny great ones.
ANYONE BEEN TO VILLA MERCEDES???

yep im just back from ibiza and checked this place out and have to say it was fantastic from the food down to the service??
also a really cool place to hang out exellent decor and nice chilled laid back beats. If anyone goes try and book a table on the terrace at the top its nice and cool and you have some stunning views of the bay! i actually didnt feel like i was in san antonio....
would strongly recomend this place to anyone? :D

Agree :D

Apart from being forgotten about when we initially arrived the food was fab (again more than 1 veggie dish on the menu) the wine was yummy and the service was, although by no means quick, the best we had received that week.

After our meal, we went and sat out to the left of the villa in those little Arabian tent type things (sorry - don't know the proper term for them :lol: ) very very relaxing and beautiful!

yeah:
My must-do´s are:

Villa Mercedes
Bambuddhas Grove
KM5
Kumharas
Banyan Palace (next year...)!
Los Dos Lunas (you get ripped off, but it´s probably worth trying!)

The coolest places to dine in Ibiza, IMO!

i don't understand you i-g

you got food poisoning at kumharas
you got lost going to bambuddha grove
you never went to banyan palace
i don't think you went to las dos lunas so how do you know it's a rip off
so why put them in a restaurant review section where people are relying on the experience of others for hints, tips, and recommendations?

Stephen for your info:

I have been to Kumharas 3 times, the secorn time last year: yes I got food poisoning, but the last time I went we only had a snack and some drinks. YOU are the one who doesnt like that place, remember ?? :idea:

Yes, I have been to Bambuddah Grove in Sept. last year, just missed it this because we couldnt find the exit to San Juan - maybe becuz we laughed so hard at the sign just in fron of us where someone has scribled out "Eivissa" and replaced the word with "Ibiza" (some Spanish-Catalan war I suppose!)

I never got to Banyan Palace - as I stated above in my post!

Some of my friends went to Los Dos Lunas and it was EXPENSIVE - BUT NICE So Im definately gonna try it....

I can recommend Bambuddha, Kumharas (just as I have ALWAYS stated: avoid the lamb chops!) and all the other places I´ve been to, Im just saying what I´d also love to try...thats all :D

Ibiza-girlie said:
maybe becuz we laughed so hard at the sign just in fron of us where someone has scribled out "Eivissa" and replaced the word with "Ibiza" (some Spanish-Catalan war I suppose!)

this is frequently seen all over the island.

its not a war, but two different languages.

catalan and spanish. evissa is catalan and ibiza is spanish.

correct me if im wrong stephen.

Name: Kasbar
Where: Next door to Kanya, San Antonio
Food: Small but perfectly formed menu with a variety of different food types and a daily special (which was swordfish when we went)
Style: Terrace overlooking sunset with big wooden tables which comfortably fit 8.
Opinion: Really nice atmosphere there, especially when at the end of our meal we could watch the fireworks coming from one of the preparties on the sunset strip. Service excellent, speedy and lovely staff. Food nicely presented and portions just the right size and absolutely delicious. I had steak with a pepper sauce on mashed potato which was gorgeous, quality of the food is probably shown by the fact that everyone completly stopped talking when it was given to us for about 15 minutes whilst we just tucked in.
Price: Starters under 10 euros, mains about 15 to 20 euros, house white very good at about 15 euros.

Highly recommended. Making me salivate just thinking about it...

The blonde girl who works there is really nice! she was really kind to us and we got really good service! the food was excellent - highly recommendable!

La Oliva, Dalt Villa: not to be confused with La Oliver, though!
Very good food, somewhat expensive (Starters around 10, Main 15-20, Dessert 5-7, Wine xx up...), but beautiful setting in Dalt Villa

Bar Costa, Santa Gertrudis: 4 Euro for a huge plate of melon and serrano. Really worth it !

The small restaurant in St Agnes: huge dishes between 5-10 Euros, recommend the Tortilla Espanol. Very nice setting, best Hierbas on the Island

La Masia, Road to San Juan: beautiful setting, price range as La Oliva.

Oh, of course you need reservations for La Oliva and La Masia - without, don´t even hope to get a table. But that´s more or less true for all of the better restaurants in Ibiza.

NetX said:
The small restaurant in St Agnes: huge dishes between 5-10 Euros, recommend
the Tortilla Espanol. Very nice setting, best Hierbas on the Island

its called can cosmi!! (good recommendation ;) )

33493341.jpg

(picture taken last may)

McRackin said:
NetX said:
The small restaurant in St Agnes: huge dishes between 5-10 Euros, recommend
the Tortilla Espanol. Very nice setting, best Hierbas on the Island

its called can cosmi!! (good recommendation ;) )
(picture taken last may)

Yep, exactly that one. Been there last year and this year again, friends go there for I don´t know how long... somewhere around 30 years or so !

McRackin said:
if you like that area i suppose you have been in can jordi? :rolleyes:
(taken in may too)

Haven´t heard of that - last year we´ve been to La Oliva and Can Cosmi, this year La Masia, La Oliva, Can Cosmi, twice to Bar Costa and once some non-descript place near our hotel in Figueretas and once to some place Ibiza Harbor... and then our vacation was already over again.

Oh, there´s a nice tapas bar at the corner caietano soler when you go to the Dalt Villa wall from Vara de Rey. And we´ve been to a tapas bar on San Vincente in St Eularia - unfortunately not the one next door, which didn´t open that night but would have been our first choice.

Next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back