Restaurant Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name - KM5
Location - on the San jose road from Playa den Bossa about 5km in hence the name. Taxi from Playa den Bossa was 10 euro's
Food - Not a huge menu grilled meats and fish.
Style - Bedoin style tents with comfy sofa's and many bars with a huge killer whale style Bar. A dj playing relaxing chill out music. Restaurant opens at about 10pm and serves till late. The place gets quite busy later at about 1 am. The restaurant area was situated tucked away up some steps and you could see everything being grilled on a huge open fire grill.
Opinion - We started with a few drinks at the bar and we got chatting to alex the promotor from Southport weekender and he recomended the steak. We had bread for starters and the fillet steak for main with a bottle of Chardonnay. It arrived ala cart on a bed of sweet red onions and saute'd potatoes with a drizzeling of balsamic vineger and a bowl of hot steak sauce. The steak was about 2 or 3 inches thick and was cooked to perfection ( my Gf is a chef she knows these things ). Have to say it was the best steak ive ever had, not one bit of chewy grizzle or chunk of fat. Service was ok nothing special. Atmosphere not as good as the other places although i think this would have been better if we ate later.
We finished our meal and sat around the area finishing our wine all the bedouin tent seats were reserved. Checked out the gallery b4 leaving at about 1.
Price - Steak was 18 euro's each and the wine was 28 euro's although we chose one of the better ones. total = about 70 euro's
V Good.

wanda1974 said:
if we're talking about indian restuarants then "the curry club" npt far from mamco's etc is the place to go! excellent food, decent portions and really nice atmosphere1

i have to say that i found the curry club to be quite poor by general curry house standards, but then there's not a lot of choice in ibiza when it comes to curry.

i just found the sauce to be a bit nasty tasting, and since western curry houses make all their curries from the same sauce base this is one thing that has to be right.

it could have been just a bad day, and i'm certainly going to give it another go next week - i just love curry so much! it gives me a buzz!

Restaurant Review

Name: Jackie Browns
Where: Opposite Hotel Nautilus, San An Bay
Food: Basiclly home cooked gear - but really nice - Fillet steack, duck, chinese, burgers, pasta.
Style: All outside on nice pine tables and chairs. Very relaxed
Opinion: Well recommended for any dish
Price: 3 course meal, exluding drinks very reasonable 10.50 Euro. Steak on its on is 18 though - but well worth it.

I really gotta start checking some of these places out....all this is making me feel hungry ;) ....

I'll be over later again this year so I can sample to delights of a chilled time with my girl. :)

you schould definately try bambuddha and kumharas, great places for wine, chilling and food - especially bambuddha for meals - kumharas for sunsets! yeeeeaaahhh!!!!

Name:Tijuana
Where:San Antonio near the shouting man statue
Food:Mexican
StyleThe resturant looks like a cave inside with a very good mexican feel
Opinion:Brilliant!!! only place we went twice. lots of spanish there (which i take as a good thing) sombraroes while you eat it was really good :)
Price:1 starter 2 mains and 2 drinks was about 30€. Brilliant value for money imo[/b]

Name:Ell Vaticano
Where:Near Mambo's San Antonio
Food:Italian al-a-carte
StyleThe resturant has a nice courtyard to dine in. the inside has a replica of the sistine chapel cieling. Big marbel pillers as you walk in
Opinion:Yery nice indeed. As its al-a-carte you dont get much for your money but what you do get is out of this world. you get a little dish of italian pasta salad topped with caviar as a little appitiser! I got told the chef used to be the chef at mambo's. 1 tip for this place is when you tell them how you want your steak doing leave it on a bit longer than you usuall do. I got a steak medium - rare. usually the middle bleeds a bit and its nice. Here i asked for medium - rare and the middle of my steak was still raw.
Price:2mains, 2 Sweets and 2 drinks came to 50€

Little place on the seafront in Figueretes called Soleado. Absolutely first class. Friendly staff (gay I think). Fantastic food could not be faulted and very reasonable prices. Shame we left it till the last night to give it a try.

Name: Bambuddhas Grove!
Where: Northwest of Santa Eulalia
Food: Oriental style, Spanish Paella - a lot of chicken, noodles, soups, deliscious starters and fruits for dessert!
Style: Oriental with buddha statues in the entrance. There´s a cool bar where you can lie on the piles of pillows stashed there, on divans like a maroccan prince/sse - the drinks are good but not cheap!
Opinion: The most beautiful exotic place Ive been to in Ibiza, dining wise! The place has that certain magical feeling to it, a lot of beautiful people dine there and its relaxed but also glam!
price: 100 Euro for a 3 course meal, a bottle of mine, softdrinks and extras!

Ibiza-girlie said:
Name: Bambuddhas Grove!
Where: Northwest of Santa Eulalia
Food: Oriental style, Spanish Paella - a lot of chicken, noodles, soups, deliscious starters and fruits for dessert!
Style: Oriental with buddha statues in the entrance. There´s a cool bar where you can lie on the piles of pillows stashed there, on divans like a maroccan prince/sse - the drinks are good but not cheap!
Opinion: The most beautiful exotic place Ive been to in Ibiza, dining wise! The place has that certain magical feeling to it, a lot of beautiful people dine there and its relaxed but also glam!
price: 100 Euro for a 3 course meal, a bottle of mine, softdrinks and extras!

I think I'll be adding this to the list....

parisian restaurant in san an

i went to a parisian restaurant last year. it was ace.
the food was wicked. almost better than my mams grub.
i cant remember what it was called. it was in a back street in san antonio, near the west end, set back from the fountains.
there was live lobsters in a tank under the window so you could pick which one you wanted. the beer was good too, icey cold frosted glasses.
they sold really old wine to. some for 800 euros a bottle.

sorry i dont have the name or the exact location
anybody know what im going on about?

stephen said:
me, but not since it was changed to a 'chillout' bar.
i got up and walked out!

They actually changed it whilst you were sat there? :confused: :lol:

sitting in a restaurant for 3 months is not my style.

when it reopend for the season a couple of years back i'd reserved a table for when my wife returned from britain, as we had been many times before.
when we arrived we found that they had gone downmarket in terms of food, decor, and service. we looked at the menu and made a bolt for sa capella.....where we got just what we wanted.

i'm afraid a shudder runs up my spine whenever i see the words chill and out. there's nothing guaranteed to give me more stress than enforced relaxation!

as for the villa, it's probably quite good, i just have memories of it when it was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back