Restaurant Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Club Sandwich

Where: Ramon y Cajal 44, Sant Antoni

Food: Simple, honest home style cooked food. Probably the best sausage rolls I've ever had in my life.

Style: Fairly new establishment and judging by its modern decor I would suspect it is fairly new.

Opinion: The restaurant is owned by two English ladies. Their welcome attitude and home style cooked meals to match make it one of my new favourite places to go. If you are after a quick meal and nothing too fancy then I suggest you give it a go. It's miles better than the crap you get on the main cafe strip in san an.

Pricing: Average pricing. A smoothie is around 5 euros. The sausage rolls were 1.50.

i strongly recommend Bambudha Groove ... perfect ambient and food.

This year we have reservations at La Paloma and Casa Colonial. Hoping for the best :)

I have only been to Ibiza once, last summer, and in that time I only went out for one meal. That was to a restaurant called David's, which is a short walk up from Sunset Strip on the route to the West End. I can't remember prices but there was a large group of us and the food was very nice.

I'm back again in two weeks time for a few nights and I had planned to return, but there's a few other places I want to try after having a read of this thread and I only have two nights spare - my girlfriend has booked us a table at Mint so we can watch the sunset from there on my birthday. Would be interested to know if anyone has eaten in there? I know that they have quite a small menu and it appears to be mostly pizzas/burgers.

unfortunately Banyan Palace is closed or that would be my first shout

2 in Ibiza Town i like

cheap & cheerful - Pinochos Pizzeria just back from the harbour front

more expensive but lovely - La Oliva, in dalt vila - simply wonderful food

"...
The Consell d'Eivissa expedienta two restaurants by charging for "cubierto"

The Consell d'Eivissa is pending sanctions against several restaurants on the island
carrying out "illegal practices",
as reported to the institution Entesa d'Eivissa.

In a statement, ENE recalled that last June reported that some restaurants on the island
charged their customers for "cubiertos" and certain "services".

The econacionalistas have ensured that, with its complaint, sought to avoid the tourists
will take a bad picture of the island, as visitors may feel cheated.

Thus, on June 5 in the Consell gave a complaint with all supporting documentation of violations.
From ENE explained that establishments reported, one in Ibiza and one in Vila,
were visited by inspectors, which opened two infringement proceedings.

On July 2, these records were sent to the training department of the Consell
to initiate disciplinary proceedings.
For ENE, "this must be a lesson for other businesses that want to abuse their customers."

..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...os-restaurantes-por-cobrar-por-cubiertos.html

I'll try to cover the places that we ate in this year - some were repeated so its a summary of the whole week - prices are just based on a rough scale (as i cannot remember)

Ibiza Rocks Diner (PDB)

Had both a lunch and a quick post-arrival snack here. Food was excellent, lovely veggie burger & veggie pitta for Laura and a mexican burger & prawns for me. Service was very good indeed - friendly, helpful and prompt.
Price - reasonable

Pinocho (Ibiza Town)

A lovely wee pizzeria that i've been going to for years and years. we always visit here as its cheap and the pizzas are fantastic. Very busy on the night we went so unfortunately we were sat inside, so people watching was ruled out. Great service despite being busy.
Price - very reasonable

Kanya (San Antonio)

Looking for dinner before Ibiza Rocks, we ventured to here rather than the usually manic Mambo. Sunset set menu was on offer and we chose that for price (€14 a head for two courses) and also took advantage of the 2 for 1 cocktails. Massive foccacio and a tasty thai red curry. Sat right at the front, we got a great view of the sunset too. Very good service again, helpful and pleasant staff
Price - very reasonable

Pago Pago (PDB)

Had a couple of lunches here. Fantastic service, big selection and tasty easy food. Great for a quick bite without being extravangant.
Price - reasonable

Passion (PDB)

First time we'd chosen to eat here despite several recommendations. Contrasting meals over two lunches (tho nothing too bad). Couple of salads on the first visit - especially the Thai Chicken Salad, absolutely incredible. Great juice of the day on visit one, very refreshing. Second time, a poor choice by myself didn't make it quite as good and the juice of the day was nowhere near as lovely (tho nothing ventured....). Felt out of place the first visit as i had a beer - €2.50 for a San Miguel bottle, great value. Service was good but sometimes they seemed to not be as attentive as maybe they could have been.
Price - slightly pricier than normal lunch bites but not much

La Plage (PDB)

Plumped for here rather than Sands for a lunch on the beach - what a mistake. Despite having ZERO customers at 2:30pm-ish, they seemed disinterested in having customers. Dirty table was a slight gripe. The cubiertos charge was not slight - i don't mind paying a bit for bread & olives as we usually like them, esp the alioli....their charge was a scandal. Very expensive, which i expected but even having a couple of salads (i was on a health kick for the first 3-4 days) we were disappointed. My chicken salad was swamped by pecerino in particular. Not worth the money and service was terrible.
Price - expensive

Mumak (PDB)

In contrast with lunch, dinner was a delight. Seated outside, in a wee breeze, watching the beach vista. We were treated to helpful, pleasant and attentive staff. My choice of dish being expertly steered to a more fitting choice by the staff. Food was incredibly tasty - Laura having a veggie biryani and i chose a prawn dish that was bursting with flavour. Very good portion size and priced well. I'd definitely go back
Price - reasonable

Cafe America (Figuertas)

Directed here by a Spotlight recommendation - we settled down on the outside terrace for a Paella night. We weren't disappointed. Fantastic mixed paella, full of flavour, plenty of seafood coupled with a nice bottle of red. Desserts were probably requested out of sheer greed as we had a massive amount of main meal to contend with but my Crema Catalan was heavenly. Very good service and a nice atmosphere watching the night people emerge (seemingly we were in Cougar town too judging the passers by).
Price - reasonable

Moorea (PDB)

With flight times that meant it was too late for dinner on arrival back in Coldland - we decided a quite meal local before getting to the airport was required. with Sissi's not open yet, we tried Moorea. Simple fare was ordered but it was nice. A good touch was the more extensive than most places of its ilk choices of garnishes. Fast and pleasant service and very cheap too.
Price - very reasonable.

Sirocco (PDB)

Another beach front dinner, this time choosing Sirocco over Coco Beach. Quiet and quite cool on the terrace, we loved the look of the place and service with a smile was appreciated. Great range of prices on the menu from simple pastas to T-bones. Laura was apprehensive about her lasagne as a lot of places can get this one horribly wrong - she needn't have been, she loved it. My entrecote was massive, cooked perfectly and was delicious. For a beach front location, it was very good value.
Price - slightly pricey but not overly so

and the best for last...

Fish Shack (Talamanca)

Having heard so much about this place, I had to try. A taxi to there dropped us at Sa Punta's door with the driver having never heard of the fish shack - a good sign? Directions from Stivi took us over the rocks and to the emerging shacks at the waterfront. Directed to any table of our choice, we opted for a couple of modest fold up tables facing Dalt Vila. A large selection of fish and seafood was offered - i simply went for the Dorada with Laura choosing Seabass. In no time at all, we had a fantastically cooked whole fish, potato and peppers mix with a salad. Wonderful food, absolutely delicious, perfectly cooked. After that, we simply had to go for the Cafe Calentas as we'd heard much about them - probably not the best choice for a diabetic like myself as it was very sweet but it was worth it - so tasty. Bonus at the end was the only place we ate that offered the traditional free hierbas at the end of the night - capped the night off perfectly. Tremendous service coupled with a unique setting and fantastic food.
Price - reasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the review, glad Moorea isnt too bad, read some reviews and people say its gone down hill. Bit of tradition for us to head to Paygo Paygo for a few beers as soon as we land and first nite dinner in Moorea before having a butchers to see whats new in PDB

Tijuana tex mex restaurant

Eating in Ibiza can be boring and I wanted to give TIJUANA mexican it's own thread before it is moved to the restaurant review thread simply because the quality of the service and food was top notch. We went for our first self catering in ages for a few nights last week as we thought we'd try some nice restaurants. We decided to try Crystal however after having looked through the window one evening we came to the conclusion that we are not ready for the fine dining experience and the only positive to come of an evening spent there would be the food. I remembered that Tijuana had been mentioned on spotlight; not only the food recommended but the atmosphere was also noted. So we popped over to San An and eventually found Tijuana. I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant and will definitely return. The portion sizes were delicious and massive. we spent just under 100 euros between 2 of us on 2 (huge) portions of fajitas, 1 (huge) portion of potato skins with chicken and bacon and stuffed jalapenos and we had a good few cocktails each, I think the actual food came to around 20 euros each and was well worth it. A large selection of sauces was also brought with our food and 2 free shots each of something gross which was followed by a piece of orange and cinammon :twisted:. The guy that ran the restaurant was full of fun and there was indeed a great atmosphere (for those like us who aren't ready for fine dining and pianos). As you ate your meal you had the chance to test your stamina on an 'electrocution' machine and there are telephones to call the other tables and chalks so that you can graffiti the paper table cloth. Unfortunately there was a table of complete t0ssers asking for the music to be turned down as "it sounded like a rave" in there (the music was a man singing with a guitar as you'd imagine in a mexican restaurant). What a bunch of morons, thankfully no notice was taken of them. All in all we had a perfect evening and it was a bit different to our usual evening of dancing all night and getting wasted. We shall no doubt be returning :)

We also ate at S'Illiot restaurant now I'm not going to give them a proper review as we hadn't taken much money out with us beach hopping and had only stopped for a drink but then decided to have a snack. We had the spanish omelette which wasn't great but other people's food looked very nice so I'd like to go back there and have a proper meal as the surroundings were lovely and other people have given the restaurant a good review.

The Ibiza Rocks Bar is another that I will eat at again. The food is excellent value for money, it's basically posh fast food. We ate there twice having a mexican burger and prawn skewers (can't remember the price) the first time and a chicken pitta with 2 sides (11 euros) the second. I think the chicken pitta with 2 sides was more than worth 11 euros.

When we ate at Pago Pago it was basically because there was no room anywhere else as it was freezing and absolutely pouring with rain. The food was good and reasonably priced, I had a salad zombie (?) and bf had pizza, however we were so cold and wet it wasn't the most enjoyable experience! We ended up staying a while though and caning the Mojitos in the cold! I've eaten there before when it was sunny and I would go back again, preferably in the sun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally i think S'Illiot is not very good(to be honnest i think it's a bad place to eat),but the view is fantastic...I f you want a good sea front restaurant,with fresh fish from Ibiza in the north,go to Restaurante 2000 in Benirras,Balansat in San Miguel,or in Cala Boix you have a great restaurant with a very nice terrace under the trees...

We went to Tapas Restaurant & Lounge Bar last night in San Antonio and can highly recommend it.

Situated just five minutes from Ibiza Rocks & Itaca, take the road opposite the Burger King on Doctor Flemings. It is like you have travelled back 20 years to a beautifully converted Finca with a stunning open air terrace and lounge bar.

We will will certainly be back.

I ate here in May 2012 and Sept 2012, and definitely one of the best meals I had on the Island. Definitely recommend it. Like you say, it's ran by a couple of English people, and although it's tapas even the chef is english. The food is stunning and the hospitality is very friendly.

Of course I do not have time to look through all 8 pages of the thread, anyone just quickly rattle of good restaurant's in the playa den bossa area! Like going for good food that has bit of everything before heading out, reasonable drink prices etc? Would be appreciated!

Never ate at pbd ( except turk sandwish in front of Tantra cafe & food was awful with reconstructed meat )..no location in my guide for good restaurant...(better go make a walk & go to ibz town at local restaurant for cheap & good food):touristic place & it's obvious you won't fin a lot of good restaurants (restaurants in beach club looks like more touristic trap ...)
but through comments, italian "Cia ciao ibiza" looks fine & passion cafe (vegies's food,,milkshake seems more a girly stuff)

i agree there are a lot of really good restaurants in town which are fairly priced. love eating out in town.

disagree though about pdb not having good restaurants. yes, most of them are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. coco beach, nassau and especially sirocco is really good stuff IMO. i also think that the pizza you get at bella napoli - next to ushuaïa - is very decent. and no, passion is not only veggie. they do a wicked burger and an even better thai chicken wrap. passion again isn't cheap, but the quality of food and drinks (their smoothies, juices and such) is excellent.

you are right: i forget the "expensive" restaurant such as Nassau that is on my french guide (guide du routard)
in such lovely place as you pay a lot for the place , i enjoy more having drinks...
& of course depend on taste of people,i've just been to asian restaurant place this week end with cheap price in paris in asian headquater (you can beat their price & quality & when i see asian food on menu from well knwon place in ibiza it makes me smile a little bit (for those who'll met me in ibza you'll understand 8))
i guess Cennyboy is looking more for cheap one (30€ budget max is what i pay max for restaurant..& i 'm not going to ibiza for gastronomy too, only locals with cheap price have my thumbs up:10-20€)

of course you can stick to website such as tripadvisor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back