Pacha's refurb [includes pictures!]

Yeah I don’t mind having VIP, but they had an opportunity to expand the dance floor in exchange for the fields of VIP space behind the booth, and they didn’t. Mistake on their part imo. We’ll see if the opened global room makes up for it...

sorry but that was never going to happen man...they were never actually going to make the vip smaller. and as much as I am not a vip fan, I understand they wouldn't do that.

what has changed and IMO that is the main point is that the ratio of VIP and dancefloor in that main room is now much better. the way they changed the lighting and made it all cleaner makes the room bigger and in general the tables area is just not that in your face anymore.

sorry but that was never going to happen man...they were never actually going to make the vip smaller. and as much as I am not a vip fan, I understand they wouldn't do that.

what has changed and IMO that is the main point is that the ratio of VIP and dancefloor in that main room is now much better. the way they changed the lighting and made it all cleaner makes the room bigger and in general the tables area is just not that in your face anymore.

Ok ok, if the ratio has improved then I’m happy. Hard to tell in the pics. But if the dance floor is still a mess for Solly I’m going on your shoulders :D

Ok ok, if the ratio has improved then I’m happy. Hard to tell in the pics. But if the dance floor is still a mess for Solly I’m going on your shoulders :D

I really think the dance floor experience has improved a lot - that was one of their main goals. tomorrow around this time I will be able to tell you more about that - tonight is the real test with sven and having a proper boogie.

My only *slight grumble is that Solomun is the one DJ that I did like at almost floor level. He’ll be much higher up in that booth.

Also..... where is the palm tree? ;)

Yeah dj booth seems higher. It remains to be seen if ppl will party it up on the global room area. The issue is getting a view of the DJ. I know it's ridiculous, but it may be hard still. Maybe this is why they made the booth higher

Yeah dj booth seems higher. It remains to be seen if ppl will party it up on the global room area. The issue is getting a view of the DJ. I know it's ridiculous, but it may be hard still. Maybe this is why they made the booth higher

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. The low ceilings and pillars by the steps make it hard to see. At least you can kinda get a breather back there and still kinda feel like you’re in the party unlike before.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. The low ceilings and pillars by the steps make it hard to see. At least you can kinda get a breather back there and still kinda feel like you’re in the party unlike before.

I think this picture helps show the space on the main floor.... and not being able to see the tables behind the DJ too...

Pacha_Opening_Hot_Since_82_Essentialibiza_2018_by_Tamara_Sini_11.jpg

My only *slight grumble is that Solomun is the one DJ that I did like at almost floor level. He’ll be much higher up in that booth.

Also..... where is the palm tree? ;)

Agreed - from what I’ve seen so far I do like the new amendments, but I preferred the booth at eye level from previous experience.

I’ll make a proper assessment at the end of the month when I attend!

Too much is made of seeing the dj and worrying who is playing this night or that night. If you have a reasonable expectation of the style of music just go along and enjoy it and have fun.

Once since 1996 I was in pacha.. I never knew they moved the funky room from just inside the entrance on the right till a few years ago..

Once since 1996 I was in pacha.. I never knew they moved the funky room from just inside the entrance on the right till a few years ago..

We gotta get you in there man! I think on a +1 night with Solomun. Get you in the middle of the dancefloor. I’ll even let you go on my shoulders so you can high-five the big man in his booth. You’ll love it. You’ll be converted. ;)

Still no news from papa Sven last night.. must have been good.. or he missed his flight

Last edited:
I think this picture helps show the space on the main floor.... and not being able to see the tables behind the DJ too...

Pacha_Opening_Hot_Since_82_Essentialibiza_2018_by_Tamara_Sini_11.jpg

I was watching another video of someone entering, and it looked like there was more floor space than this. Also, I can see a septerate dancefloor environment in that global room area despite maybe not being able to see the DJ on really busy nights. This seeing DJ thing is dumb for sure, but Pacha knew the importance of it as they went out of their way to have video screens in the global room and bar area across from it that showed the DJ on some nights!

Back