Pacha's refurb [includes pictures!]

Too much is made of seeing the dj and worrying who is playing this night or that night. If you have a reasonable expectation of the style of music just go along and enjoy it and have fun.

Just to preface my statement, I am totally in agreement, but you will never convince the majority on that one. I've heard countless times from randoms and friends out on nights that they need to be somewhere they can get a good view of the dj. In theory it makes no sense, with the exception of the likes of maybe like Jeff Mills because watching him really is a treasure but you're out for the music and atmosphere/vibe which is created by those around you not staring at the dj but I think standing and staring has been a trend for a long time now.

ok so a few more thoughts on the pacha refurb after having gone on saturday again for sven väth.

sound: definitely more powerful. also I thought you get a decent sound quality and volume pretty much everywhere.

then I saw that a lot of people commented on the white walls and bright floor (here on the forum, but also on social media). it's a feedback I can relate to a little personally. that said though, I have seen the place full twice now and as soon as it's busy you don't see that much white anymore - it does look very white on the facebook live I did on friday evening, but that is really mainly because the club was almost empty then (apart from the other media that were let in before it opened). obviously one of the main reasons they added a lot of white is because it makes the place look bigger and it gives the venue more clarity as you really see how far the rooms go as opposed to before, where it simply got dark at some point.

also, in regards to the funky room - as pointed out, it isn't actually gone - it is still there. on saturday night it was open again, just not with own music, but the sound you have in the main room. so the only room that really has disappeared is the global room, which made way for a bigger/wider entrance and thus a bigger main room. pachacha and funky room are still there.

the club was really busy on saturday night and I thought it did feel less packed overall than in the past with the changes they made.

next up will be dixon on saturday for me. giving the seth troxler night a miss, but a bit of dixon...yes sure!

I'm gonna do a separate dance area in the global area, away from all you DJ facing plebs and it'll be hype.
Was at dc10 for circo loco last year and I was dancing in the garden with my back to the dj facing towards the terrace entrance. A bloke actually come upto me and said I was facing the wrong way. At first I thought he was joking but turns out he was being serious. Started pointing out where the dj was in the garden and saying it’s better if I face that way. The whole thing was bizzare.

Was at dc10 for circo loco last year and I was dancing in the garden with my back to the dj facing towards the terrace entrance. A bloke actually come upto me and said I was facing the wrong way. At first I thought he was joking but turns out he was being serious. Started pointing out where the dj was in the garden and saying it’s better if I face that way. The whole thing was bizzare.

:lol::lol::lol:

I almost always dance with my back to the DJ - simply because like that I see the people I am with better since most of them do look facing th DJ.

:lol::lol::lol:

I almost always dance with my back to the DJ - simply because like that I see the people I am with better since most of them do look facing th DJ.
It’s not something that really bothers me to be honest but I certainly don’t do it on purpose. The phone issue is the one that I can’t stand but that’s life now and I’ve learnt to ignore it. This particular situation was quickly settled when I pointed out my friend and i were eyeing up a couple of nice looking Canadian girls and looking to make our move. So much beautiful talent on show on holiday in the clubs and all the blokes want to face a dj booth

The videos I’ve seen floating around of Sven at Pacha on Saturday night - my lord! I’m surprised Pacha still has a roof!

Videos from the dancefloor looked unreal - very intense lighting and the dancefloor looked considerably bigger. I cannot wait to get in there in a few weeks time. Solomun and Lawrence will be my first taste this season.

Yep, still there. Again nobody stopping you going up. Bizarrely, still says "Staff only" going down. But again, we found nobody actually stops you

I thought that was the only way to the terrace lol :spank:

Okay I was once in Pacha and found myself in another random garden area, as you walk through the entrance, down the steps to the dance floor it was to the right (you would have had to go past the DJ booth to get there). was this a dream?

I thought that was the only way to the terrace lol :spank:

Okay I was once in Pacha and found myself in another random garden area, as you walk through the entrance, down the steps to the dance floor it was to the right (you would have had to go past the DJ booth to get there). was this a dream?

that is the garden normally only table clients have access to. still exists.

Can’t wait to get back to pacha this year. Only been a few times and from the sounds of it I never even scratched the surface when it comes to exploring the club. Last time I was there they shut off certain parts to access outside because a music video was being filmed. No one I recognised though. To be honest it all looked very Eurovision Song Contest like.

Back