Massively detailed Ibiza Review 2012 :)

Hope he keeps us updated with grinding reports from Thailand..and im sure he`ll beat his record of dances within a few hour at the NaNa disco..

you look like a bunch of 14 year old pikeys :lol:

what a gang of nerds.:D

:( ... am I right in thinking these "choice and balanced posts" have led to the removal of said photos before I've even had a chance to look at them :eek:

... you can't honestly say any of them look 14 ffs ... and from the one photo which has been 'quoted' into posterity, they don't look much different to any normal British holidaymaker in their general age range to me (but maybe that's my age talking now) :!:

They don't look much different to any normal British holidaymaker in their general age range to me

Just look like normal group of lads to me too. I'm just glad none of them are wearing vests!! :lol:

Still intrigued to know which is which. I imagine our friend beans to be the fellow on our left.

Hope he keeps us updated with grinding reports from Thailand..and im sure he`ll beat his record of dances within a few hour at the NaNa disco..

I'm staying on a small muslim based island in Thailand where people aren't into that thing. There won't be clubs where I will be. Although I may experience the club scene just before I leave and may even be moving on to some other Asian countries afterwards. And I'm not really interested in Asian girls anyway.

Just look like normal group of lads to me too. I'm just glad none of them are wearing vests!! :lol:

Still intrigued to know which is which. I imagine our friend beans to be the fellow on our left.

None of us wore vests the whole holiday. Why do you think I was the one on the left?

I missed the photos :(

Seriously can't take this for being real....

On the drink spiking front, I got spiked in the west end while working. But then I'm a girl so I assume they did it with some sexual motive rather than to mug my PR vest! And I definitely wasn't drunk, we were limited with the amount of alcohol we were allowed!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally Posted by kimajy
... Barcelona airport in April ...
... on the toilet paper dispenser in a cubicle
... 20 minutes ...
... with Minimarc ...

:twisted:

:rolleyes: ... you could get a job with the Sun with those editing skills !

... and anyway, whilst it's probably now long enough after the event for me to admit to having it off in the toilet of a British Airways 767 in the naughties (just before the descent began to London after a particularly dirty weekend in Saint-Germain-en-Laye where we didn't make it out of the bedroom for 2 days) ... I have never misbehaved in an airport loo :spank:

Have to say I reckon it's for real and not a spoof. Don't think the :spank: pranksters are behind this one to be honest.... shame the game-playing of yesteryear has left so many so cynical :!:

Last edited by a moderator:
Few points below ... and just want to say don't be put off by any finger-pointing and stone-throwing. Most of it is light-hearted (if a little on the 'cheap' side :eek:) ... and you've probably set yourself up for a load of it by being frank about your (current) attitude to "chavs" and "sluts". Guess posting the pics played right into the hands of those who were biding their time to 'have a pop'. Bit off, really, if that's the case imho - but I wouldn't take it too personally. That's just something which comes with the package when you share personal stuff on the internet.

Guess we are all largely products of our upbringing and experiences - I just hope that in time your views broaden a bit about those from a different background.... but it's easy for me to say as I'm more than twice your age - would just be nice if at least your mind opened to being willing to do that.

For future reference, if anybody asks you to take a picture of them on a phone with naked pictures or suggestive open text messages... it usually means an invitation to join;)

Speaking from personal experience there, Bez ? ... do spill the beans(OK - I'll get my coat ...)

Most of the girls out there were ridiculously confident they probably wouldnt care about being scared of going up to a jock.

Ah ... well there is the pretty much unlimited supply of coke flying around, which in addition to the booze may well have had something to do with that :!: :idea: There are lots of Continental girls of about your age in other resorts (including Spanish girls who are often quite partial to a polite Englishman) ... who are probably much more up your street to be honest. You could quite easily have a fun holiday romance with any one of a good number of them :twisted:

Probably yeah! I was expecting there to be just tons of girls and no guys really

:lol: ... for that you need to go to Iceland ;) [not this one btw :arrow: ... although ... come to think of it ... :confused:]

C_67_article_2049056_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

they were basically all just chavs and if we got massively pissed we would probably get attacked/mugged/drugged etc.

Back home, for nights out I can make friends with some decent people similar to me,
chat up some girls, have some fun etc and not be worried too much about anything getting stolen or no worries about fights etc.

Have to say, I think you're being a bit paranoid to be honest ... and it's probably your trepidation about personal security that had something to do with how p!ssed you didn't get on all those drinks ! It's true you need to be on your guard, on the lookout for trouble, and skidaddle before things kick off if they do get a bit out of hand ... but that's the same in most city centres in UK.

Where in UK do you usually go out (just as a matter of interest) ?

As to the part in bold the best bit of travelling for me is meeting people who are not similar to me. It's only that way that you get to appreciate people of different backgrounds, cultures, ages and attitudes ... and in so doing I have no doubt that you become a better person all round.

394438_475394915812664_2112164455_n.jpg

Yeah I really couldnt understand it though. If you see the picture I uploaded of the mega cheap drinks in the west end, we were expecting to get drunk after that but we all felt completely sober still. In a way it is annoying because I just want to get drunk but not spend a lot of money. Sometimes I just wish I could be a massive lightweight.

A quick trip down the Eroski supermarket bottle section would soon have seen to that :lol:

I reckon that if I got so drunk I may have had sex there. Also, there are turnstiles and loads of security guys at the Ibiza Rocks hotel so it is impossible to bring a guest back to your room! I would have to go to hers if I were going to get sex that night.

I have heard that's the case ... but a bit :confused: by the constant stream of girls being taken up to peoples' rooms that you reported you saw when camped out in Reception ... were they all in fact staying at the hotel then and going to each others' rooms ?

My mates were desperate to go see all these big names at clubs so that was why we went. I wasn't really so much into the music (I'm more into underground hip hop music and most of those artists are American so none were anywhere near Ibiza).

Artists like Swollen Members ? (except I think they're Canadian but hey ho ) :arrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dkygiX8txg

So I would have been happy to spend most of the time in the West End, but they weren't really. Also when we go to the beach, so many people approached us and they were all saying you have to go to the big clubs in Ibiza. They were saying Ibiza is not the same if you spend all your time in the little clubs and you have to experience the 'real' ibiza. They also said you can see all the little clubs back home.

:rolleyes: ... well, they are well incentivized to say that :!: Personally, I think it's good to go see the big clubs but they are dominated by electronic music and if you aren't into that you probably won't 'get it'. I wouldn't call the big clubs the "real" Ibiza (especially nowadays) - quite the opposite in fact. That term properly refers to the carefree natural side of the island, the bohemian bars and the friendly gatherings of 'free spirits' which take place in a number of different venues.

It's total nonsense to say "you can see all the little clubs back home". What a pile of cack. Maybe a load of San An West End bars resemble some British clubs, but many smaller venues in Ibiza with music bear no resemblance at all to anything British in atmosphere or appearance (thank God) ...

however, there are no touts showing you where the door is as they're not preying on a captive (largely clueless) market :!: You'd probably appreciate most of them more in a few years' time though.

If I go again, it is going to be hard to find a hotel because I am looking for somewhere that:
- Isn't so chavvy
- But at the same time has youths there to meet (not just families)
- Is reasonably cheap

The problem is - you either go to a nice hotel which is very quiet and family friendly but there will be no people your age to meet and no girls. Or you go to a hotel that is full of people swearing throughout the night, hard to get sleep and has lots of dodgy people.

Nah - there are plenty in between... but even 2 years on will likely make a big difference to the pool of girls (err .. I mean people) your age to meet. You'll definitely have to pay a bit more to get out of San Antoni and its environs, but if you really can't handle the average British crowd in those numbers, try Ibiza Town or Figueretas. Playa d'en Bossa has a more cosmopolitan crowd but you get the same degree of lairyness (for want of a better word), just from a wider range of nationalities. Plus it's ridiculously over-priced for what it is (imho :!:) and the average age is North of that you find out and about in San An.

I am going on a gap year to Thailand for 3 months soon so a lot of what I have learnt will come in handy to not make those mistakes over there!

Hmmm ... I'm sure Minimarc (and several others) could share some stories with you about things that can happen there ! :lol: ... and PS - prolonged exposure to Asian girls can have a markedly positive impact on your attitude towards their attractiveness ;)

I missed the photos :(

On the drink spiking front, I got spiked in the west end while working. But then I'm a girl so I assume they did it with some sexual motive rather than to mug my PR vest! And I definitely wasn't drunk, we were limited with the amount of alcohol we were allowed!

Don't know why they were taken down, they weren't bad, mine were worse from my first trip abroad.

:( ... am I right in thinking these "choice and balanced posts" have led to the removal of said photos before I've even had a chance to look at them :eek:

... you can't honestly say any of them look 14 ffs ... and from the one photo which has been 'quoted' into posterity, they don't look much different to any normal British holidaymaker in their general age range to me (but maybe that's my age talking now) :!:

Maybe i shouldn't have said they look like pikeys but i just thought it was funny that someone was so judgemental of others when it would be easy to make assumptions about him based on his clothes.

I wouldn't normally make a comment like that but I think when you've been as snobby and misogynistic as to constantly call other holiday makers chavs, sluts and slags then you deserve a bit back.

I'm still not convinced it's genuine so i could just be making a t*t of myself over nothing :p

Ah ... well there is the pretty much unlimited supply of coke flying around, which in addition to the booze may well have had something to do with that :!: :idea:

I'm not sure i agree with this comment, there plenty of girls who are confident because they're confident, doesn't mean they're "coke heads" or "slags" :(

I have been enjoying reading this thread and like many people I thought it had to be a hoax but the photos were genuine and I have no idea why they have been taken down. Beans had included photos of him with Juan Mata and Greg James, also true to his word there wasn't one with Amanda Holden.

Back