Massively detailed Ibiza Review 2012 :)

... Yeah it was that one. I phoned my parents (phoned them quite a lot and spent so much money on foreign calls) and they cancelled the card and managed to get all the money back. Then they sent the money back out again through a money transfer company (Moneygram). I don't really know what they did but they must have gone to a Moneygram store in England and said how much they wanted to send out to me in Ibiza. Then I had to go to a Moneygram store in Ibiza (which took ages to find particuarly when it was so hot) and they texted me all this information like a reference number and one or two other things. Then I had to show my passport and say how much I am taking out ...

:rolleyes: love the part where you waste almost ONE DAY of precious ibiza-time
to look for this damn money****inggram-shop :eek: :eek: :lol: :twisted:

... though we only got back to the hotel at something like 5am).
I left the hotel because I needed to find a Moneygram.
This is basically a money transfer company like Western Union.
It was because my parents cancelled the card I used with the 400 euros on in case
someone stole it, and then just sent the money to me again using Moneygram.

I was walking around dehydrated in the boiling heat searching for the shop

but couldnt find it anywhere.
Eventually I did find it though and it was closed so I was looking for another Moneygram.
I found another one but it was also closed.
I spent the whole day away from my mates and literally walked miles in the heat
without a drink
to find a Moneygram store that was open
After lots of help from the locals I found it!

Absolute gem of a review, truly one of the funniest things i have read in a long time.
My absolute favorite line has to be " although i've seen the bad parts of reading etc"

Dj postman.... i bet he always delivers...... sorry i'll get my coat.

On a serious note have many people heard of drink spiking going on? I personally have never known of it home or away, and always assumed it was some sort of attempt to not seem like a lightweight.

I struggle to find the logic in spiking somebody drink with substances that ultimately cost money, unless there is some gain. Did these German girls plan to rob bean's friend, or sexually assault him?!?!

Having worked in the industry for the best part of a decade, maybe I'm being over cynical, but claims that "my drinks' been spiked" and far too common, rife and almost always incorrect.

It is the bane of a nightclub manager, nightclub first-aider and the poor on-duty ambulance staff night.

People genuinely have no idea what they are talking about in relation to the effects of having your drink spiked. And too many people have too big an ego to admit, "hey, I just had a little too much to drink!"

It's a shame. Because for every 100 cases of people wrongly claiming that they have been spiked, there's gonna be 1 case where somebody has. It's a bit like girls who cry rape. They don't think of the consequences, and the detriment is does to effect all the genuine reports.

Has anybody else stayed at Ibiza Rocks... is their tap water really drinkable???

Drinking that by the galloon would likely have a dehabilitating effect to be sure!

:D:D this thread is funny as ****.

and honestly, ive never heard of a 'dj postman' either!!

DJ Postman is not a big well known DJ. He was playing at Ibiza Rocks Bar for a bit and then Greg James came who was meant to be the big name. However everyone actually preferred DJ Postman and thought he was loads better. I even told him he was better.

One other funny thing - we were literally right behind him the whole time with loads of people dancing around. Then at one point he turns round and looks at my mate and says through the microphone 'have you farted?'. He got really embarrassed and said he hadn't, but later that night he said he did fart

Could this have not been the case that your mate was just wasted and couldn't handle his booze?
Add to that the drinks prices in clubs, a lot of girls try the 'can I have a sip of your drink' and most guys tend to say yes

He had just 1 drink (drinks were rip offs in Space). So it was definitely not that (i've seen him get drunk before and that takes a lot of alcohol). Plus when we went to sit him down he started sweating loads and he kept saying he was boiling, but when I touched him he was really cold. Then he started playing with his fingers really weirdly and pinching himself hard. Never seen people do those weird things when drunk.

And I'm certain this girl was drugging him that I can't be bothered to give a massive description why i'm so sure

The one thing I was really hoping for and wasn't there was ... a bit more sex - a hand-job at the very least :twisted:

Best solution is to book into a different hotel which has a proper room accessed via reception front desk to leave your stuff.

Yeah, i was expecting to get a bit more action. I was successful in all the clubs but wasn't so successful that I brought anyone back to the hotel. Maybe if I was in Maga it would have been a different story!

And yeah I was surprised the hotel receptionists didn't let us give our luggage to them to put somewhere safe.

... I know a fair few 30-somethings about whom the same might STILL be said :spank: ;)

I don't get this post

:rolleyes: love the part where you waste almost ONE DAY of precious ibiza-time
to look for this damn money****inggram-shop :eek: :eek: :lol: :twisted:

Yeah I know. I had to get up ridiculously early and I had only got to sleep at 7am. So I probably got about 3 hours sleep that night (although that was basically the same as every night).

Each time I found a moneygram store it was closed though. I guess it was because by the time I was finding them it was basically midday so the local Spanish people probably had a nap and would open them later into the afternoon/evening.

Absolute gem of a review, truly one of the funniest things i have read in a long time.
My absolute favorite line has to be " although i've seen the bad parts of reading etc"

Dj postman.... i bet he always delivers...... sorry i'll get my coat.

Thanks

The bad parts of Reading are not nice at all! Oxford Road in Reading is basically the king of armed bulgaries, drugs and hookers.

I struggle to find the logic in spiking somebody drink with substances that ultimately cost money, unless there is some gain. Did these German girls plan to rob bean's friend, or sexually assault him?!?!

Having worked in the industry for the best part of a decade, maybe I'm being over cynical, but claims that "my drinks' been spiked" and far too common, rife and almost always incorrect.

It is the bane of a nightclub manager, nightclub first-aider and the poor on-duty ambulance staff night.

People genuinely have no idea what they are talking about in relation to the effects of having your drink spiked. And too many people have too big an ego to admit, "hey, I just had a little too much to drink!"

It's a shame. Because for every 100 cases of people wrongly claiming that they have been spiked, there's gonna be 1 case where somebody has. It's a bit like girls who cry rape. They don't think of the consequences, and the detriment is does to effect all the genuine reports.

Has anybody else stayed at Ibiza Rocks... is their tap water really drinkable???

Drinking that by the galloon would likely have a dehabilitating effect to be sure!

I really didn't understand why his drink was spiked either. I don't even think these girls were looking for a good time. I think they were just there to cause trouble.

His drink was definitely spiked. He went light headed, he said everything slowed down, he was sweating like mad, his eyes kept flickering weirdly, he was counting his fingers for no reason, he was pinching himself really hard. He said he kept feeling normal but then all of a sudden he would feel sh*t again. He chundered the next day too from it. This kept happening that night and the next day. He had barely drank at all as well - 1 bottle of San Miguel. And I have seen this guy drink 9 pints of that drink on another night and not feel it at all.

We kept an eye on this girl for a lot of the night and she was doing it basically the whole time. She didn't even try and dance or anything. Just whispered to her friends and targeted different people.

She also had this little moneybag thing over her shoulder where I think she was keeping the drugs.

This guy doesn't actually lie often and is really honest so I am sure he would have admitted if he was drunk. And how would he get drunk off just 1 bottle when every other night he had drank loads more

I am certain it was spiked.

And I asked at reception if the water at the Ibiza Rocks hotel is edible/drinkable. The guy said it is fine to drink and won't make you ill, however it does not taste particularly nice (which I have to agree with). And actually out of the 3 of us, the guy who got his drink spiked barely drank from the tap (in fact I don't even know if he drank from it at all). He kept buying drinks (non alcohlic) from shops instead.

that psychobilly-part is quite amazing, too :eek: :eek: :eek:

... my mate got drunk and started letting out loads of secrets.
He was basically saying he is not gay but if there was a really hot guy,
he would shag him!
And letting out these secrets about this girl he is seeing at home.
But then the night went from great to terrible.
My mate started mentioning the money getting lost thing and one or two other things
and it just pissed me off.
He kept mentioning it and I was tipsy anyway so my emotions were running high.
I basically just broke down in tears and I've never EVER done that before.
It just went so bad.
All 3 of us fell out.
Then my mate went to the toilet and was in there for about an hour.
We thought he may have been really upset or something
and then we started going mad at him saying stuff like 'sort yourself out'.
But then we realised he had actually been throwing up from the drug
he had at Space the night beforehand.
He said the drug kept making him feel on and off - one minute he felt really tired
and everything was a lot of effort, and the next minute he was fine.

After that horrible emotional bit ...

ps:

... my mate got drunk and started letting out loads of secrets.
... And letting out these secrets about this girl he is seeing at home.

tell more ... what were/are her dirtyrotten secrets :?: :eek: :!: :?: :twisted:

Yup. This is all 100% true. I wouldn't write that amount just to make it all up!

Actually just before we left to go to Ibiza my mates dad texted him saying 'have a good time but watch out for those german girls as you can't trust them'. We thought his dad was just joking/being racist but actually he was 100% spot on.

Basically what happened was there were about 5 girls who were all friends and were all together at the club. They would kind of go in a little huddle and talk to each other. I guess they are talking about which person to target. They may then try and point to the person (without this person seeing) and try and target him by giving him drugs. They don't go up to you and say 'do you want some drugs' but instead they just subtly drug you without you realising. 4 of the girls were quite ugly, and the other girl was literally the hottest girl I have ever seen in my life. She had the most absolutely amazing boobs. Seriously I can't explain how amazing they were and I am not really a boob person. Anyway, she knew she was hot and if she asked a guy for a little sip of his drink, they guy would give it to her as the guy would think he is going to get with her. When actually she spits out a drug into his drink and then the guy will drink it again and get drugged.

What? Someone spiked your drink in basically the same way to what happened to my mate?
No I went to the toilet and left my beer on the bar in a bar full of scousers, when I came back it was all frothy and one of the scouse ****s kept looking at me, I asked my mate what was wrong with my beer and he said nothing, about an hour later I was off my tits and we'd only had 4 bottles of budweiser :lol: He then said the scouser in the bar had been over talking to him while I was in the toilet and he didnt see anything but he was the only person other then my mate who could of done it never found out why :twisted: I didn't mind to be honest I was a fully fledged pill head at the time I enjoyed it.
DJ postman, working at tesco by day, Ibiza DJ by night :lol::lol:

that psychobilly-part is quite amazing, too :eek: :eek: :eek:

ps:

tell more ... what were/are her dirtyrotten secrets :?: :eek: :!: :?: :twisted:

Yeah that faze was not nice at all. We were all so angry at each other but I was absolutely fuming at myself for the whole money situation.

They had known each other since about 14 years old. They play tennis together a lot. He kept going on about how she had amazing tennis legs. They had kissed before and spooned in bed (but never sex). He thought they were just friends but just before he went to Ibiza, he told her and she was really upset (probably because she thought he was going to get pulling girls). So during the holiday I basically persuaded him to take things one step further with this girl and ask her out.

He then started talking about what he thought her f@nny would look like!!!

He showed me pics of the girl too and she is really hot. Not going to lie but I am actually really jealous of him because (this is going to sound really cocky) but I would say I am better looking than him but he could be getting with a girl that is so much hotter than I have ever been in a relationship with.

... I know a fair few 30-somethings about whom the same might STILL be said

well, I'd give you some latitude owing to your (hitherto) inexperience of travelling without your parents but nevertheless you've got a big :rolleyes: on here so far on the "losing stuff" front. There are some Spotlighters considerably your senior who have managed to lose just as much if not more on holiday this year :spank: .. however after searching I don't think they admitted it on the Forum so I will keep my lips sealed as to further details :lol:

.. will hold my hand up to wandering off at Barcelona airport in April and leaving my passport on the toilet paper dispenser in a cubicle 20 minutes before our flight took off to Ibiza with Minimarc ... and then having to sprint back through the airport to look for it so as not to be denied boarding. Luckily got handed it by an elderly Spanish guy shaking his head at me as I was doing my best impression of Marathon Man, having been up for 2 days before we even got there :spank: :lol:

What sort of photo do you want? Eg meeting a famous person, boat party or what?

All of them. Put up a whole spread :p :twisted:

Particuarly if you want to get laid because a 25 year old girl isn't going to want to get with a skinny'ish 18 year old when there are other 25 year olds around who seem more like 'lads'.

Nope - you'd be surprised how many cradle-snatchers are out there... plenty of girls LOVE to pop mens' cherries. Lots of girls find muscly men intimidating too and also think they may be gay... when you get older if you're still "skinnyish" it matters not .. if you have any charm, are at all funny, vaguely intelligent, have a car (or preferably coke - but that's another ball-game altogether that I don't play :lol:).

Yeah, i was expecting to get a bit more action. I was successful in all the clubs but wasn't so successful that I brought anyone back to the hotel. Maybe if I was in Maga it would have been a different story!

Be honest now, was it more that you were still acclimatising to your perceived "common-ness" of most of the girls who hit on you :?: :lol:

He then started talking about what he thought her f@nny would look like!!!

I met 2 girls about 3 weeks ago after a party in London, who announced they were going to get their vaginas immortalised in plastercast that afternoon as part of an art project. It was hard to retain my sang froid I must admit :eek::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
No I went to the toilet and left my beer on the bar in a bar full of scousers, when I came back it was all frothy and one of the scouse ****s kept looking at me, I asked my mate what was wrong with my beer and he said nothing, about an hour later I was off my tits and we'd only had 4 bottles of budweiser :lol: He then said the scouser in the bar had been over talking to him while I was in the toilet and he didnt see anything but he was the only person other then my mate who could of done it never found out why :twisted: I didn't mind to be honest I was a fully fledged pill head at the time I enjoyed it.
DJ postman, working at tesco by day, Ibiza DJ by night :lol::lol:

Oh right. Your mate must have been blind! I'm guessing the scouser that spiked your drink used a drug and didnt just pour loads of alcohol into it?

Haha DJ Postman doesn't work in Tesco anymore now though.

Back