Make Privilege big again

Extract from what was said in this article

""This summer it did not even open, after the court ruling that granted control of the company to the Matutes family, the previous owner threw in the towel. A historic club, key in the history of Ibiza since its previous name KU and which has passed into the hands of the owners of Ushuaïa and Hï. In the gossips of Ibiza it is known that the remodeling works are about to begin and that they will transform the club into a space for large events under the name of Space Ibiza …, but that is another story.""

Would make sense but agree as mentioned above do we need a 10 000 capacity club in these times? would Elrow still sell out at 10 000? will be very interesting see what happens, Hope whoever's on the island this winter keeps us in the loop!
Can’t see Elrow moving from Amnesia…although money talks and they could probably fill the old privi peak summer given the current appetite for the brand.

so many possibilities if the imagination is there... a virtual reality immersive experience or intricate network of games rooms or some massive human circus, gladiatorial arena, rave maze, film set or university of DJing. The options are endless and commercial rewards vast

so many possibilities if the imagination is there... a virtual reality immersive experience or intricate network of games rooms or some massive human circus, gladiatorial arena, rave maze, film set or university of DJing. The options are endless and commercial rewards vast
I would pay LARGE monies for this

Too much money needed for refurb. But maybe ...
Think it will be a desaster with all these 5 Star Hotels.
“En los mentideros de Ibiza se sabe que las obras de remodelación están a punto de comenzar y que transformarán el club en un espacio para grandes eventos bajo el nombre de Space Ibiza…pero eso es otra historia”.

I drove past the roundabout (that leads to the Privilege) a few times this summer and each time I had nostalgic memories of the past times in this huge club. on a banner was written see you in 2022....
as was to be read in that report, the matutes have acquired the property, they have enough financial means to erect something decent, whatever it may be. questionable whether it is worthwhile for the matutes to build something similar to ushuaia or hi, otherwise these venues would only compete with themselves. in my opinion it wouldn't work as a concert venue with other genres of music, who comes to ibiza for hip-hop, rock, indie etc.?

In any case, I'm curious what will become of this former club.

I drove past the roundabout (that leads to the Privilege) a few times this summer and each time I had nostalgic memories of the past times in this huge club. on a banner was written see you in 2022....
as was to be read in that report, the matutes have acquired the property, they have enough financial means to erect something decent, whatever it may be. questionable whether it is worthwhile for the matutes to build something similar to ushuaia or hi, otherwise these venues would only compete with themselves. in my opinion it wouldn't work as a concert venue with other genres of music, who comes to ibiza for hip-hop, rock, indie etc.?

In any case, I'm curious what will become of this former club.
Maybe you are right

But the concert dates in San An were succesfull ( Ibiza Rocks )

Agree. Agree. Agree.

British Indie was popular back then though, would be looking to Pop and Grime to supply the acts now and in my opinion Grime is a poor specactle on big stages.
i think that grime would not attract such a big crowd, at least not in ibiza, it is maily a uk thing, dunno if the dutch or the germans like it that much, maybe big commercial acts from the states/canada would pull, snoop, drake feat. keine musik (&me, rampa, adam port etc. :eek:
who knows

I looked at some of the forum posts and speculation about Ushuaia back in 2009-2010. There was a lot of skepticism. 12 years later, we know how Ushuaia, and now Hi, have turned out. Not a direct comparison, but just thinking about who's involved and what they may be planning.

I doubt they would keep the capacity at 10,000 (although I'm not sure I ever saw it at capacity even on the biggest nights).

I imagine something more along the lines of combining the Ushuaia/Hi experience in a more contained environment. Significantly reduced capacity to support more VIP, maybe more rooms, and even a restaurant. Running day and night.

Haven't been to Tox, but maybe Destino/Tox is another potential comparison?

I also saw a heavily-attended rock show on the beach in San An's bay this summer. Looked like a make-shift festival setup. Across the street from Es Paradis. There may be appetite for different types of shows in larger venues. Not necessarily just for big acts.

All speculation. But it seems like they could take a chance on a mega-experience that caters to a broad crowd. Potential problems: location, no connected hotel, competition with other events, etc. all have to be taken into consideration, of course. The building looks like it needs serious love and attention.

Mostly, I'm just curious to see what they do!

I looked at some of the forum posts and speculation about Ushuaia back in 2009-2010. There was a lot of skepticism. 12 years later, we know how Ushuaia, and now Hi, have turned out. Not a direct comparison, but just thinking about who's involved and what they may be planning.

I doubt they would keep the capacity at 10,000 (although I'm not sure I ever saw it at capacity even on the biggest nights).

I imagine something more along the lines of combining the Ushuaia/Hi experience in a more contained environment. Significantly reduced capacity to support more VIP, maybe more rooms, and even a restaurant. Running day and night.

Haven't been to Tox, but maybe Destino/Tox is another potential comparison?

I also saw a heavily-attended rock show on the beach in San An's bay this summer. Looked like a make-shift festival setup. Across the street from Es Paradis. There may be appetite for different types of shows in larger venues. Not necessarily just for big acts.

All speculation. But it seems like they could take a chance on a mega-experience that caters to a broad crowd. Potential problems: location, no connected hotel, competition with other events, etc. all have to be taken into consideration, of course. The building looks like it needs serious love and attention.

Mostly, I'm just curious to see what they do!
The building needs a lot of money.

The thing is : Whats with the tourist numbers in the next years in Ibiza ?
Flights ? BREXIT ? Hotel capacity ? economical Situation ? And so on ...
Is it possible to run a additional big venue
( 5000 maybe ) sensefully ?
This year was outstanding after corona. Will the next years be the same ?
Free entrance to get people in ( remember it happened ).

All the things in one sentence : Is there room for a additional big club in Ibiza?

All the things in one sentence : Is there room for a additional big club in Ibiza?

My view is for standard, weekly, residency nights = No

For one off events, gigs with live instruments, concerts etc = Maybe (but as people have pointed out cost of getting gig equipment to Ibiza is high)

My view is for standard, weekly, residency nights = No

For one off events, gigs with live instruments, concerts etc = Maybe (but as people have pointed out cost of getting gig equipment to Ibiza is high)

PAs are in Ibz, maybe. Dont know what they need. Every festival has to carry the Equipment to the place. Maybe you only need 2 or 3 trucks maybe less. The ferry is a little expensive,ok.
Dont know if its really so expensive in sum.

Additional resindency nights with 5000 cap ? Really not, I think.
They told,they want to use it for something. Wonder what it will be.

All the things in one sentence : Is there room for an additional big club in Ibiza?
Well ultra proved it can work. How many ultra standard events there is a market for and what privilege need to make the numbers work is the question. I always thought Calvin Harris type events would work well there, but he’s catered for in PDB.

It’s never been an attractive environment. with the exception of vista, it’s a large concrete and steel warehouse. It may well be that it needs only small surgery to bring it back into use.

Last edited:
Back