Make Privilege big again

I guess commercial djs like The chainsmokers, Marshmello, Diplo, Zedd, Kaskade, Alesso or Dj Snake will play there

I guess commercial djs like The chainsmokers, Marshmello, Diplo, Zedd, Kaskade, Alesso or Dj Snake will play there
Do you think ? And if so maybe as 1 offs, but not regularly. Even at the absolute height of EDM I’m not convinced many were doing stadium sized gigs except SHM etc

If they could make it multiple rooms with quirky warren like connections between them (*cough cough space*), then it could be really interesting.

Do you think ? And if so maybe as 1 offs, but not regularly. Even at the absolute height of EDM I’m not convinced many were doing stadium sized gigs except SHM etc

There's a few others like Guetta and Calvin who could fill it if they gave up their residencies and did limited dates but I can't see why they'd want to.

I reckon a huge multi-purpose venue for one-off gigs, theatre, classical music, film screenings, fashion shows, gala awards, conferences, exhibitions to attract the moneyed and well-heeled. Financially, it would quickly pay for itself

I reckon a huge multi-purpose venue for one-off gigs, theatre, classical music, film screenings, fashion shows, gala awards, conferences, exhibitions to attract the moneyed and well-heeled. Financially, it would quickly pay for itself

I was thinking the same. Make it a multi-purpose venue that does all of what you say, but one that can be converted into a 10,000 club space for Resistance / other club night in the Summer! If you had some vision for that place, you really could make it work. Look at some of the 'top' clubs in London now. E.g. E1 Etc.... They are all multi-purpose now. Use them day / night, weekday /weekend...

Good shout, and getting the Ku name back would be perfect if the legalities allow that.

What is the law they're saying Ushuaia is gaining a competitive advantage from?

Recent Resistance nights got pretty busy. Maybe they could pull off multi-promoter nights within both main rooms. Amnesia seemed successful doing this in the past. Or, at least multi-genres between terrace and club.

Bring the pool back!

Of all the clubs DC10 is actually the one you'd shut facilities wise, it's too small for almost all its nights now and causing a health and safety hazard for big events. It's also not the little underground venue it once was, it's an Instagram hotspot.

Know that DC10 events moving to a Matutes owned club is the stuff of nightmares for some, but for me their nights have already gone corporate anyway, stick em in a club that can handle the crowds

exactly this I reckon!!

Of all the clubs DC10 is actually the one you'd shut facilities wise, it's too small for almost all its nights now and causing a health and safety hazard for big events. It's also not the little underground venue it once was, it's an Instagram hotspot.

Know that DC10 events moving to a Matutes owned club is the stuff of nightmares for some, but for me their nights have already gone corporate anyway, stick em in a club that can handle the crowds
you'd shut it cos it has busy and popular nights or cos it's too small for the demand to attend??!! on that basis, I guess it should aim for less then! yes it's smaller than other clubs, but don't tell me your average Circoloco is a H&S hazard and Calvin Harris at ushuaia isn't. For the record, IMO neither are, but you made the point.

by ibiza standards, I'd also say it is still definitely little and also underground, given it has no commercial nights and never has. and which club in Ibiza isn't an instagram hotspot? Also, who cares if it is. That's the world we live in. If it existed back in the day, we'd have used it like it is today.

DC10 having big artists move on to other clubs or chase the money is nothing new, been happening for years, so it says more about the artists than it does about dc10. How do you mean by corporate? That's a new one when describing a club event ahah. Without doubt, things have become more popular/mainstream, but you can hardly blame the club for it's own popularity. In fact this year, I've seen regularly people moaning about Circoloco lineups being full of unknown names and new acts, which is what they've always been about. regarding being in a club that handle the crowds, again, I find this bizarre. Artists don't just play at places based on capacity of the venue. Our whole scene is built open on small venues and clubs developing legendary events and parties and thank god they didn't just "stick em in a club that can handle the crowds".

Back