Make Privilege big again

Was sad to go past in a taxi on the way from the Airport To SA last week and not see the Dome Lit up from the road

Was always nice to see. I wonder what will happen to it now it’s been sold

😱
Saw it in July.

Lost place. I think it will never come back. Shoud built houses and flats there.
They are urgent in Ibz.

Very expensive to reanimate. Think too expensive.

Note: This was originally a separate post but the admins moved it here to save space on the forum.

As we all know, after 2 years of being closed and unmaintained, Privilege has been bought by another company. Some articles reporting this story claim that it's unknown what the new owner's plans for the club are, with one even speculating it may be done for good. I understand this is the ending of a situation that began years ago, so does anyone here who is more familiar with the story behind the legal dispute or the companies involved have any info or speculation about what's likely to happen with the club? I plan on going with my friends to Ibiza in 2023 (after postponing it for years), and it's been our dream to go to the world's biggest nightclub since we were teens.
Also, this along with the news that Bora Bora is closing as well is making me worried that the post-covid Ibiza that me and my friends will go to will not be the same Ibiza that we started dreaming of going to years ago, a "came too late to see the glory days" situation. So as a more general question, to those that went this Summer, how damaged is Ibiza's nightlife industry from covid?

Last edited:
As we all know, after 2 years of being closed and unmaintained, Privilege has been bought by another company. Some articles reporting this story claim that it's unknown what the new owner's plans for the club are, with one even speculating it may be done for good.
There's lots of speculation, what we can say if we use this summer as a template (and, hey, it's far, far from a typical summer!), is that right now a 10,000 capacity venue operating at the same time of the rest of the clubs would dilute dancefloors even more
Also, this along with the news that Bora Bora is closing as well is making me worried that the post-covid Ibiza that me and my friends will go to will not be the same Ibiza that we started dreaming of going to years ago, a "came too late to see the glory days" situation.
That is a given, but it's not Covid specific. So much changes year to year. I have been coming for a far shorter timeframe than many forum members, and even in that period things have changed considerably

Personally, I wouldn't get caught up in the past, especially if it's going to be your first visit

There's lots of speculation, what we can say if we use this summer as a template (and, hey, it's far, far from a typical summer!), is that right now a 10,000 capacity venue operating at the same time of the rest of the clubs would dilute dancefloors even more

That is a given, but it's not Covid specific. So much changes year to year. I have been coming for a far shorter timeframe than many forum members, and even in that period things have changed considerably

Personally, I wouldn't get caught up in the past, especially if it's going to be your first visit
I meant to post that as a thread instead of a reply here so I deleted it, but thanks for the response. Yeah, I think it's good advice to not obsess over glory days of the past, both with Ibiza and life in general and look to the future instead. I think my friends will have a good time there with or without one club.

Edit: Oh, it looks the admins moved it here to reduce redundant threads. No problem.

btw, in terms of size how do the other clubs compare? What's the 2nd biggest club in Ibiza?

Does anyone have thoughts about Privilege being open next year?
My reading between lines etc suggests there is next to no chance with all the certification required on top of the actual repairwork.

Does anyone have thoughts about Privilege being open next year?
My reading between lines etc suggests there is next to no chance with all the certification required on top of the actual repairwork.

I think its too soon too, construction never seems to go at a great pace in Ibiza either. And sorry to be doom and gloom...but its going to be a bad winter for the world and that may hit bookings so I don't think Ibiza needs a 10k club on top of what nights we already have.

General feeling this summer is the big name events have sold well but some of the lesser names mid week have been a tougher sell.

If it comes back , it comes not with 10k capacity. Maybe a 3k capacity with additional space.
Question : Is there a market for concerts in Ibz ? In earlier days , Freddy Mercury was there . And a lot of other musicians.
In earlier days there were a lot of live performances on the Island : Spandau Ballet , Prefab Sprout , Bob Marley , New Order and so on and on.
Maybe a venue for such things ?

If it comes back , it comes not with 10k capacity. Maybe a 3k capacity with additional space.
Question : Is there a market for concerts in Ibz ? In earlier days , Freddy Mercury was there . And a lot of other musicians.
In earlier days there were a lot of live performances on the Island : Spandau Ballet , Prefab Sprout , Bob Marley , New Order and so on and on.
Maybe a venue for such things ?

I've wondered this too, and in the late 00s/10s Ibiza Rocks did well with Indie bands, before Rock went on a lull commerically.

I've wondered this too, and in the late 00s/10s Ibiza Rocks did well with Indie bands, before Rock went on a lull commerically.
Are there indie bands existing anymore ?
Think electronic music is the new indie music. Partwise.
But I think there is a market for concerts of old heroes. A concert for 4000 with added DJ set. Robbie Trier it last week ?

Are there indie bands existing anymore ?
Think electronic music is the new indie music. Partwise.
But I think there is a market for concerts of old heroes. A concert for 4000 with added DJ set. Robbie Trier it last week ?

Yes in UK lots of new indie bands doing well. The problem is cost of logistics to ship all the equipment to Ibiza for 1 gig. Plus the complications of Brexit and work permits required, and the size of bands & their crew makes it financially and operationally difficult for something like this to happen I imagine

“En los mentideros de Ibiza se sabe que las obras de remodelación están a punto de comenzar y que transformarán el club en un espacio para grandes eventos bajo el nombre de Space Ibiza…pero eso es otra historia”.

Wow, quite a nugget there. That rumor seems to have some legs, would make sense although idk how bad Ibiza needs another large club tbh.

That rumor seems to have some legs, would make sense although idk how bad Ibiza needs another large club tbh.
Since every large club appears to be a money printing machine, I am actually surprised large clubs do not grow like mushrooms backed by venture capital.

Missed the news about Bora Bora closing for good, very sad.

Wow, quite a nugget there. That rumor seems to have some legs, would make sense although idk how bad Ibiza needs another large club tbh.
Extract from what was said in this article

""This summer it did not even open, after the court ruling that granted control of the company to the Matutes family, the previous owner threw in the towel. A historic club, key in the history of Ibiza since its previous name KU and which has passed into the hands of the owners of Ushuaïa and Hï. In the gossips of Ibiza it is known that the remodeling works are about to begin and that they will transform the club into a space for large events under the name of Space Ibiza …, but that is another story.""

Would make sense but agree as mentioned above do we need a 10 000 capacity club in these times? would Elrow still sell out at 10 000? will be very interesting see what happens, Hope whoever's on the island this winter keeps us in the loop!

Back