Make Privilege big again

My guess is that Matutes wants a place to hold concerts. Ushuaia and Hi are not great venues to have Drake and Bad Bunny perform. Make it multi purpose so you can hold various sized Club events too.

Its a really ugly old building, inside and out, but I do love the location, funny when you go down the narrow lane and paths past people houses to the entrance, you wouldn't think that you are approaching the biggest club in the world! Wonder what the residents that live in those houses think of it being closed, must be a lot quieter for them, from the thumping bass to the crowds of rowdy people walking through...

I've always liked that funny garden to the left of the main room, and the dome is great at night on a warm evening to chill out in... its a great venue and deserves some money thrown at it to make it great again, a concert venue would be great, maybe Queen\Adam Lambert could play as a tribute to Freddie signing Barcelona there!

I'd be surprised if they have the imagination to do this but something akin to the 'virtual' Abba show would be amazing there, with full CGI sfx, featuring different music synonymous with the island's history, Freddie brought back to life or Matt Bianco playing bongos at KU 1989 that kind of thing. Something arty that would also be a moneyspinner. Win Win.

funny when you go down the narrow lane and paths past people houses to the entrance, you wouldn't think that you are approaching the biggest club in the world!
The entry path isn't so bad compared with the one to exit...

Last week there was the yearly meeting between the neighbors of Urbanización San Rafael and a representative from their land agent (Fincas de la Torre) to discuss the problems that affect the neighborhood, account balance, future expenses and all that palava.

One of the points mentioned (this is when the story gets interesting!) was the need to make the parking area of Privilege bigger and especially to improve the narrow path that leads from there to the main road. Whoever who used it on a busy night knows that path is not the safest in case of an emergency.

Since many years ago, the empty lands surrounding the club are rustic, not developable, so their value is low and it shouldn't be a problem to expand the parking one way or another. A different matter would be to reach an agreement with the different owners along that narrow path. If you were one of them, would you be happy to lose a piece of your land so the noisy neighbor can have a wider exit?

Let's see what happens but the fact this topic was one of the points at the meeting means it shouldn't be long now until we hear from them and their future plans.

Back