Is this the real one or an imposter??

terraza lad said:
which parts of my post are not factual? please explain? im intrigued to hear your opinion :lol::lol::lol:

You've made a raft full of assumptions about Barbie that, while I won't say I know her that well, I know happen not to be true. It was uncalled for. Furthermore, it's not my "opinion". That is fact.

If you want my opinion, you are off the mark for slagging Roger Sanchez and you should be ashamed. Some people, myself included, really enjoy both Cocoon and Release Yourself. Some people (like Barbie) enjoy neither. Variety is the spice of life and you're a lot poorer if you only like one style of music.

You've tried to perpetuate this idea that the whole island should be taken over by deep dark house. I couldn't disagree more. There should be variety, or else you just get bored. I was there for 2 weeks in June and I was never happier than when DJ Sneak came on the terrace at WLS and broke the monotony of everything I'd been hearing for the previous week and a half.

terraza lad said:
i agree, please then reprimand the people (probably your friends) who are getting personal with comments about inbreds and the like. and of course the personal attacks on 2 DJs that are tearing the world apart with their DJing.

disgraceful.

Thats your opinion and you are intilted to it. But in my experince of Woolford and Fanciulli on the space terrace have not been that great. Ill admit that Fanciulli was marginaly better than Woolford but as soon as they came on the music went flat, there was no energy in the music they where playing, there was no "hands in the air" moment and nobody really looked like they where really enjoying.

Thats just my opinion of the 3 times I have seen the on the Terrace.

terraza lad said:
i agree, please then reprimand the people (probably your friends) who are getting personal with comments about inbreds and the like.

Please read the rules of this forums, any personal thing between members should be resolved by private.
Barbie has been banned (reprimand :rolleyes: ) so she can't defence herself. Anything you have to say please email her.
I wonder who are you to give this ethic advices, specially when you are just a newbie.

its all a matter of taste people

its just music at the end of the day

but for the record woolford rocks 8)

can we run a Porra on who 'terraza lad' actually is????:confused: :lol:

clearly someone who has been watching barbie closely.:rolleyes:

grego said:
can we run a Porra on who 'terraza lad' actually is????:confused: :lol:

clearly someone who has been watching barbie closely.:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same, but Barbie has too many secret fans that that would be a tricky one :lol:

but its clearly not just someone who happens to have read a few posts. There are too many specific references to stuff she has said previously, so clearly its someone who regularly reads/posts here:confused: :lol:

terraza lad said:
WAKE UP - the cheese on the covered terrace is OVER !!!!

Thats why the best reaction i heard in the covered terrace 3 weeks ago when Woolford and Ghenacia were also playing was when Guetta played "a little more love" :confused:

I think theres room for everything. I can assure you if Space took out their "cheesy" music as you call it it wouldnt be half the club it is, aside from being much emptier!

And I actually like Fanciulli and Woolford.

One other thing to Terraza Lad (or whoever he is :lol: ), I think its ironic you have a go at cheesy music and then say you like Sven. I mean i love him too, but he plays loads of cheesy / trancey type tracks at Cocoon. Tunes that wouldnt go a miss at Cream for example.

Just for the record (and for anyone who cares), I heart Woolford and Fanciulli - they're always pushing the sound forward, experimenting, innovating. Like James Zabiela, they'll have some off gigs, but that's because they're always trying something new and making some mistakes as a consequence.

Mark Sun said:
Just for the record (and for anyone who cares), I heart Woolford and Fanciulli - they're always pushing the sound forward, experimenting, innovating. Like James Zabiela, they'll have some off gigs, but that's because they're always trying something new and making some mistakes as a consequence.

i don't disagree with your sentiment marky, like others i'm sure. i think the main point is whether the place for them is at space on the (not-quite-the-same) terrace.

grego said:
i don't disagree with your sentiment marky, like others i'm sure. i think the main point is whether the place for them is at space on the (not-quite-the-same) terrace.
why wouldn't it be?

cheesey fluffier stuff duriong the day, more edgier cutting edge stuff by night
(ps. dont rip me for using cliches here, i cant be arsed to call it anything different) :lol:

grego said:

For me, Ibiza has always been about discovering new music. The music I've heard out there has always both touched me and challanged me (much like the Guradia ;) ), whether it was at DC10, Space or Pacha. The first time I heard tribal, the first time I heard minimal, all in Ibiza! Personally I want to keep discovering new stuff when I go there, not hear all the same filtered house for 17hrs. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of hands-in-the-air as well, but I want to hear new sounds as well!

fatphilb said:
why wouldn't it be?

cheesey fluffier stuff duriong the day, more edgier cutting edge stuff by night
(ps. dont rip me for using cliches here, i cant be arsed to call it anything different) :lol:

i was inviting the question not saying that they shouldn't be playing there.

personally, haven't seen either of them on the terrace so can't comment on how it has gone.

Forgott to tell what I think before...
Terraza lad,in the music part I won't say anything cause in spite of liking a lot house and techno...and the clubbing scene itself I couldn't make the diference betwen one or other Dj or dirty house, or deep I don't know what... or all this technical expressions people use in this board and that don't make anysense to me because of my ignorance in this matter. But, I would say that your spicth is really very personal and agressive, and you don't mind refering to Barbie all the time not only in this thread but in others, I think you can have an opinion but others have so just being a little bit more respectfull it would be better, and you may have a very good taste in music, I do not know really ! as i said I don't know if Fanculli is good or not or if he empty the terrace or not, but I think that you don't get the feeling that everyelse gets of Ibiza cause it suppose to be a mixing of music, there is lots of venues, Djs and diferent parties with lots of DIFERENT people and diferent ages all together having fun.
So my tip is to calm down just a little bit.
In the other side, wellcome to the board:D

My decision to go inside to the discoteca in June wasn't really down to Fanciulli & Woolford being on - more down to Clarke (supposed to be) and Zabiela being there.

I'm biased in this view but the terrace ain't been the same since Lawler stopped "closing" it

Mark Sun said:
For me, Ibiza has always been about discovering new music. The music I've heard out there has always both touched me and challanged me (much like the Guradia ;) ), whether it was at DC10, Space or Pacha. The first time I heard tribal, the first time I heard minimal, all in Ibiza! Personally I want to keep discovering new stuff when I go there, not hear all the same filtered house for 17hrs. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of hands-in-the-air as well, but I want to hear new sounds as well!

Well said - That's what I think too, but couldn't be bothered typing it all...:oops:

Except this part
touched me and challanged me (much like the Guradia ;) )
I wouldn't personally let the island police touch and challenge me;) :lol:

Fanciulli and Woolford are extremely talented, innovative and exciting djs. Some of the negative and downright narrow-mided views in this thread are saddening. I have seen both these guys destroy the terrace on many occasion now, and they have always got a fantastic response.
People have different tastes in music, can you not just appreciate that and realise you are obviously in the minority? They are not 'bad' djs, you just don't like their music.

Maybe you'd be more suited to somewhere like Hed Kandi @ El Divino where the music is less 'challenging'?

Back