Is this the real one or an imposter??

sandi said:
Barbie is banned at the moment so it's wrong to have a pop at her when she can't defend herself.

Or it's the best time ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

She'll get me back!

When you do catch up Barbie - No luck pulling the fuse on GA I'm afraid, fortunately you avoided it....8)

terraza lad said:
im guessing Monday night you'd be at that MECCA OF CHEESE PACHA !!!! listening to Roger.

Roger OFF !!!!

erm.... just cos a guy doesnt play the stuff yr not into doesnt mean its cheesy nor crap.

ffs, most people goto the island and wanna have a good time and not stand there trainspotting.

how many DJs have had careers spanning 2 decades and who can keep a dancefloor rocking for 8 hours in a sweathole like turnmills?

Deacon said:
Fanciulli and Woolford are extremely talented, innovative and exciting djs. Some of the negative and downright narrow-mided views in this thread are saddening. I have seen both these guys destroy the terrace on many occasion now, and they have always got a fantastic response.
People have different tastes in music, can you not just appreciate that and realise you are obviously in the minority? They are not 'bad' djs, you just don't like their music.

Maybe you'd be more suited to somewhere like Hed Kandi @ El Divino where the music is less 'challenging'?

You talk about different taste of musics but those who doesn't like the same of you are minority or still worst, are narrow-minded saddening views? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And talking about different taste of musics, what's the problem with Hed Kandi, isn't all about each to their own? They are not "bad" djs, you just don't like their music :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the record, for what I know Barbie hasn't been to hed kandi but while she is been banned at least don't talk about her cos she can't defence herself. Thank you

all this arguing over musical preference is complete nonsense!

its all about personal taste and there are no right or wrong answers.

some people will like Dj Sammy, some Tiesto, some Tenaglia - but because you like 1 and not the others, its not a case of you being right and everyone else wrong - its just your taste.

grego said:
i think the main point is whether the place for them is at space on the (not-quite-the-same) terrace.

exactly, this is the point! I have been in Ibiza for six straight years and ALWAYS the space terrazza (especially the old one) has been the place for me where i can hear & dance good house music and bit of harder stuff as well. That is the place for me where i can put my hands in the air and just feel the vibe of uplifting music, see a lot of smiling people etc. I personally feel that the music what Fanciulli plays, fits better to somewhere else, not in the space terrazza.

silvia said:
You talk about different taste of musics but those who doesn't like the same of you are minority or still worst, are narrow-minded saddening views? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And talking about different taste of musics, what's the problem with Hed Kandi, isn't all about each to their own? They are not "bad" djs, you just don't like their music :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For the record, for what I know Barbie hasn't been to hed kandi but while she is been banned at least don't talk about her cos she can't defence herself. Thank you

It has been put forward several times in this thread, that certain djs are 'bad djs' when they obviously are anything but, its just that the people saying this are not into that style of music, hence 'narrow-mided'. I didn't call andyone 'saddening', if you read what I said, I implied that this particular state of affairs is saddening.
And I didn't say there was anything wrong with Hed Kandi, the policy there is happy, easily digestible music, its hardly deep, but thats what those guys are into and the people who go there. Good for them.

I don't know who Barbie is and I wasn't referring to one person directly, just the general attitude in this thread.

pay attention kids. :lol:

Deacon said:
It has been put forward several times in this thread, that certain djs are 'bad djs' when they obviously are anything but, its just that the people saying this are not into that style of music, hence 'narrow-mided'. I didn't call andyone 'saddening', if you read what I said, I implied that this particular state of affairs is saddening.
And I didn't say there was anything wrong with Hed Kandi, the policy there is happy, easily digestible music, its hardly deep, but thats what those guys are into and the people who go there. Good for them.

I don't know who Barbie is and I wasn't referring to one person directly, just the general attitude in this thread.

pay attention kids. :lol:

If you read what I said I talked about saddening views not saddening people
If you read all this post you'll see it's full of snob attitudes, and your first post was exactly this: snob. Tell me where's the difference between your post and posts from those "narrowmined" cos I can't see it anywhere.
So, next time pay attentiong while writting if you don't want to be missunderstood.

silvia said:

a bad dj will never get gigs and cant. no matter what they play!

Passions flowing deeply today and it's not even lunchtime for me yet.....

My tuppence of thought - It's music - there will always be different tastes - and everyone has an opinion - Discussion is better than arguement anyday... 8)

chewie_oo7 said:
no substitute for a good blagger! :lol: ;)

:lol: :lol:

I hate this site - I always get sussed :lol:

Like my teacher says, if you're going to blag, remember who you lied too and what you said :lol:

DJNC said:
:lol: :lol:

I hate this site - I always get sussed :lol:

Like my teacher says, if you're going to blag, remember who you lied too and what you said :lol:

You pay far too much attention to motto's and sayings ;) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
silvia said:
If you read what I said I talked about saddening views not saddening people
If you read all this post you'll see it's full of snob attitudes, and your first post was exactly this: snob. Tell me where's the difference between your post and posts from those "narrowmined" cos I can't see it anywhere.
So, next time pay attentiong while writting if you don't want to be missunderstood.

Where's the snobiness? I was pointing out that a dj isn't a bad one, just because a few people don't like the type of music he plays.

You talk about different taste of musics but those who doesn't like the same of you are minority or still worst, are narrow-minded saddening views?

What you actually say here, though your English is quite bad and difficult to follow, is that I am saying that people who aren't into the same music as I am are narrow-minded and saddening. Where did I say this?

Deacon said:
Maybe you'd be more suited to somewhere like Hed Kandi @ El Divino where the music is less 'challenging'?

:lol:

Yeah, Barbie's always nagging people to go to Hed Kandi at Pacha in London, so hard to keep her off the dance floor when "put em high" comes on ;)
ok, thats my last word on her!

By the way Zapa, im 100% behind you on what you said.

Spotlight needs a big love-in to get the mood back to one that epitomises all thats good about the lovely island

Lets hug the poster in the thread next to us all

:D

puppylover said:
Poor Nic F - if he comes back on this site and reads these views........:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
I was thinking the same thing on Friday... One thing to get constructive criticism, another to get lambasted!

Morbyd said:
I was thinking the same thing on Friday... One thing to get constructive criticism, another to get lambasted!

I would like to think that Mr Fanciulli will disregard any negativity as i'm sure that he plays exactly what he wants to play primarily for him as most djs would like to be. If anyone likes it - its a bonus. Otherwise, you'd end up being a jukebox that only takes large bills to play

Back