Is this the real one or an imposter??

dan, i used to quite like young nic.dunno if you ever heard him play the small room at turnmills, but he was really good

im not bandwagon jumping, hombre. ive heard him play twice now on the new space terrace and he was just plain dull.

if you dont believe me, ask my 'friends'

To be fair I saw him a couple of years ago and he was excellent:lol: but then saw him @ Space in June and he was very average:( and alot of people were leaving the Terraza after around 5 tracks. Shame as I was really looking forward to seeing him.

russ said:
is that why he trys to keep it so clean and empty.?

:lol:

As Russ says, I've heard him play @ different places before and he's been pretty good, nothing outstanding but good, but 3x now I've seen him absolutely kill the Space terrace :twisted:

Anyway he's big in Maidstone, say no more :lol:

oadbyone said:
To be fair I saw him a couple of years ago and he was excellent:lol: but then saw him @ Space in June and he was very average:( and alot of people were leaving the Terraza after around 5 tracks. Shame as I was really looking forward to seeing him.
I have a feeling he was adapting to the general policy on the terrace, which appeared to be bore people increasingly as the night wore on.

I thought Fanciulli's Renaissance CD was ok. I'd like to see him in another venue before I pass judgement.

Barbie said:
:lol:

As Russ says, I've heard him play @ different places before and he's been pretty good, nothing outstanding but good, but 3x now I've seen him absolutely kill the Space terrace :twisted:

Anyway he's big in Maidstone, say no more :lol:

Ok, ok, ok, I'll concede his night is the WORST named night I've heard since, well, Funkin' You.

"Remember tonight folks, it's ladies free before 11:30 and Blue WKD two-for-one at the bar... CLUB CLASS LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM"

I've only gone on what I've heard. I have a set of his at this years Miami WMC that was rather good, nearly immense.

Dan x said:
He could play back to back mixes of Love Sensation 2006, followed by an hour of noodly minimal ****, but at the end of the day, he still did the "boy I'm falling down" song Rob!

What crime did he do?
True the Falling down song is great, a tune worthy of the gods. but his sets on the Space Terrace have been pretty boring to me.

Maybe Ill give club class a go, Getting Erin in for free before 11.30 is the deal breaker ;)

Robbie G said:
True the Falling down song is great, a tune worthy of the gods. but his sets on the Space Terrace have been pretty boring to me.

Maybe Ill give club class a go, Getting Erin in for free before 11.30 is the deal breaker ;)

In my head I can hear that song and have a picture of Rob doing the "Dan Dance", quality! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Noooo! :eek:

Not the falling down song! :eek: If that's the one I think it is, it ranks as one of my most hated pieces of vinyl in the world! :lol:

They played it at La Troya and I almost had to leave! :lol:

Robder said:
Noooo! :eek:

Not the falling down song! :eek: If that's the one I think it is, it ranks as one of my most hated pieces of vinyl in the world! :lol:

They played it at La Troya and I almost had to leave! :lol:

Look Rob I like you mate you are a nice fella, but WTF do you know about music? :D

Robbie G said:
Look Rob I like you mate you are a nice fella, but WTF do you know about music? :D

Clearly not much because I keep saying all the wrong things don't i? :eek: :lol:

I LOVE the falling down song!

Definately the best track to come out of the past three years. Brilliant. ;)

Robder said:
Clearly not much because I keep saying all the wrong things don't i? :eek: :lol:

I LOVE the falling down song!

Definately the best track to come out of the past three years. Brilliant. ;)

See Now you are getting it!

I'll showe you the dance that goes with it one day and it will all make sense ;) :D

What do I have to do? Am I in good enough fettle to be able to carry off dance moves like these? :eek:

(I guess with the falling down song, you just hear the immense driving rhythm and get taken away by it all so I'll be fine.)

Robder said:
What do I have to do? Am I in good enough fettle to be able to carry off dance moves like these? :eek:

(I guess with the falling down song, you just hear the immense driving rhythm and get taken away by it all so I'll be fine.)

You need a lot of intense training mate, I hope you are doing stretches in preperation ;)

If the falling down song is anything to go by, I'll need to train like an athlete! :eek:

Can you bring the falling down song to the bunker on Saturday if you're coming please? :lol:

It is the real one and he uses the club class website regulary.

not looking to get anybodys back up but i take the insults personaly about club class, i have been more than several times and is a quality night and is nothing like the ladies free before 11 **** that you lot are spouting.

sorry but its a quality night with a great crowd and im talking from expirience because ive been and enjoyed many a times. Nic is a good dj and has done well for himself and one of the biggest up and coming dj's in the country at the moment.

not trying to get on my high horse but am being truthell in my opinion, sumtimes trying to act cool can be so uncool in the cases of some of the cliquiness on this board.

SOrry guys rant over !

Fronty said:

not looking to get anybodys back up but i take the insults personaly about club class, i have been more than several times and is a quality night and is nothing like the ladies free before 11 **** that you lot are spouting.

sorry but its a quality night with a great crowd and im talking from expirience because ive been and enjoyed many a times. Nic is a good dj and has done well for himself and one of the biggest up and coming dj's in the country at the moment.

not trying to get on my high horse but am being truthell in my opinion, sumtimes trying to act cool can be so uncool in the cases of some of the cliquiness on this board.

SOrry guys rant over !

I'm neutral on this one because I don't remember his set but can verify that this is nothing to do with being cool...it's simply a matter of taste.

I think the Space residents this year are shocking...and that's irrespective of what's 'in' or not 'in' with the trend setters.

I want to be educated when I go to the so called 'best club in the world' and sadly after 2am on the terracewithroof :)roll:) this just doesn't happen.

Fronty said:

SOrry guys rant over !

Exactly, he's big in Maidstone, I rest my case :lol:

I've seen him a few times in the past and he was a pretty ok DJ - definitely not the best up and coming DJ in the country but he did what it said on the tin - now he's the one going down this I'm too cool for school minimal bollox road which is why he's boring everyone on the Space terrace senseless :rolleyes: The sooner Dazza Hughes bins him (and his mate Woolford) the better :lol:

Rob, I think Fronty's rant was more about the dissing on Club Class than the opinions of Nic Fanciulli. Obviously everyone's going to have an opinion on how a DJ plays and those will differ... he's taking issue with the negative comments about this particular party series which he has attended.

Back