Is it the end for Playa Den Bossa?

dirk was a bit harsh about pdb but the overall view of his is similar to mine all pdb has is space bora bora and the jets apartments oh not forgeting the water park (yuk) and burger king !!

ch1ca said:
The year after hopefully I'll stay somewhere completely different as there are more than two resorts in Ibiza (which some people seem to forget)

thats a good point. locals see the island as a whole (ibiza, santa eulalia, san juan, san antonio and san josé - we like them the same) but reading your comments i get the impression that most of the tourists have the stupid idea that the island is divided in two, a good and a bad side. even mark doyle from hed kandi said Ibiza is split down the middle - it has its San Antonio side, which is the worst holiday destination you could imagine, and then it has its Ibiza Town side (complete article here) . stupid stupid stupid!! :rolleyes:

Dirk Bigler said:
Got to have some fun on a Friday!

very funny dirk. time for more jokes:

THE NEO-CON ARCHITECTURE OF SAN ANTONIO – A town constructed round booze and a bit of biffo

Situated on the Western side of the island, San An has in the past attracted a largely northern European clientele. Perhaps this explains why the resort town’s nightlife revolves around the consumption of large quantities of alcohol. Other drugs are taken, but typically to assist in getting pissed enough to blot out the shitness of the West End.

Ibiza Uncovered might have done incalculable damage to the island’s image, but it didn’t create that infamous and derided collection of bars and free clubs. The Sky-produced show was very honest in some ways, the desperation and degeneracy it captured is a lot of what San An is about.

Obviously none of this applies to the sunset bars, to Es Paradis or Eden to the newly revamped boardwalk area on the Bay, all of which balance out the almost entirely negative impression created by the principle drinking zone. But the district is central to the San An experience, geographically and philosophically. Home to Ibiza’s first ever club, big money went into capitalising on its natural advantages. Unfortunately it looks as if someone was trying to make a quick buck.

In previous years fights in the West End were likes buses, at least one an hour with more in high season, although it’s calmed down a lot now. Those looking for a night out on a budget are also to be found. There’s a surprising amount of hip British people in the area but they can be difficult to distinguish as they tend to get swallowed up in the morass of mediocrity. But things are changing - Plastik on Calle de Sant Antoni is pretty swish, and there are a few other places which are making an effort to cater to a less socially-retarded crowd.

However despite all the crap, poignancy is an emotion commonly evinced by time spent in San Antonio. The sunset is gorgeous, even if the competing cacophony of “chillout” music from the various bars renders the term meaningless. The area has a buzz, and many of the major club nights do pre-parties on the sunset strip. These can get very lively indeed, but the open-air drug supermarket no longer operates due to a number of busts of kids attracted by the prospect of high returns and flexible office hours.

It’s easy to slag the area, as we have just proved, but better to ask in what direction is it moving. Indications are that maybe - finally - it’s a better one.

Wow! Mackie! Thats the most Ive seen u write in a thread! ;) :lol:

No pics as well!!

Could this be McRackin's evil twin tryin to fool us and then take over the world? :lol: :lol:

Dirk Bigler said:
disgusting place full of German tourists called Playa Den Bossa

was? :eek:

haben sie ein badezimmer mit badewanne oder mit dusche? :eek:

pic12a.jpg

(sunset strip)

Dirk Bigler said:
PDB could be any crap spanish tourist resort. The only thing it has got is Space.

I am not slagging anyone off, I just find these individuals who believe the hype quite sad.

How can a crap, smelly town, full of German families, even compare to the mecca that is San An? Perople go on about Bora Bora during the day, what about Garlands parties in San An?

San An is the bollox where it all goes off. Top DJs, top restuarants, the sunset strip, pre-parties, Wips. I could go on.

Name 10 good things about PDB? Come on then, this will be interesting.

so where are these top restaurants?

Slagging a place off simply because of the Germans there isn't really on, anyway I'd rather spend two weeks in the company of Germans than larger-lout Brits lying in a pool of their own vomit!

10 good things about PDB:

1. It's so close to Ibiza Town-one of the best features. Ibiza Town makes up for PDBs lack of really good pubs, restaurants and shops, although there are a few.
2. Bora Bora-unlike anywhere else on the island. Viva Dj Gee!
3. The beach is one of the largest (more so than San An's) and very clean.
4. Space. IMO the best club on the island, far better than Eden and Es Paradis in San An
5. DC10, another excellent club, nowhere like it in San An.
6. Ditto. Can you imagine what these would be like in San An?
7. Very few larger louts. Perhaps as a bloke you don't find it a problem, but as a girl, going out and getting loads of hassle ain't fun.
8. Jet apartments. Probably the best value accomodation on the island and no screaming kids or larger louts.
9. Ancient People. What better way to spend a sun-rise after staggering in from a club? Great place to have a laugh with randoms and there's a rather nice bloke that works there too. ;)
10. It isn't San An! ;)

Thank you and goodnight.

kitten's head said:
Slagging a place off simply because of the Germans there isn't really on, anyway I'd rather spend two weeks in the company of Germans than larger-lout Brits lying in a pool of their own vomit!

10 good things about PDB:

1. It's so close to Ibiza Town-one of the best features. Ibiza Town makes up for PDBs lack of really good pubs, restaurants and shops, although there are a few.
2. Bora Bora-unlike anywhere else on the island. Viva Dj Gee!
3. The beach is one of the largest (more so than San An's) and very clean.
4. Space. IMO the best club on the island, far better than Eden and Es Paradis in San An
5. DC10, another excellent club, nowhere like it in San An.
6. Ditto. Can you imagine what these would be like in San An?
7. Very few larger louts. Perhaps as a bloke you don't find it a problem, but as a girl, going out and getting loads of hassle ain't fun.
8. Jet apartments. Probably the best value accomodation on the island and no screaming kids or larger louts.
9. Ancient People. What better way to spend a sun-rise after staggering in from a club? Great place to have a laugh with randoms and there's a rather nice bloke that works there too. ;)
10. It isn't San An! ;)

11.Its near the airport so you can cane it til the bitter end

Thank you and goodnight.

I've added one ;)

Can I add another one :p

Passion - the best smoothies, a really nice white wine and lovely food for a daytime snack (even good veggie options :D )

And another one :p

The comfy sunbeds outside Bora Bora, is there anywhere more comfortable to chill out after a night's clubbing :p Beats any of the uncomfy sunbeds I ever encountered in San An :rolleyes:

Just thought of another one :lol:

Hardly any looky looky men/women whereas wherever you are in San An you will be accosted by them :rolleyes: can count on one hand the number I ever see in PDB.

I have done both. Liked San An but loved PDB! Getting back from a club at 7am then straight to Antient People for a few drinks. Chilling chatting to randoms then walk to Space about 10am. Stay at Space till midday(ish) then back to Jet for an hours kip then walk to Bora Bora then the same again! Each and every day!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)

Can I just say that this stereotype that San Antonio is full of guys walkin around with beer bottles, starting fights, being sick, making lewd remarks to girls, wearing football tops, shouting, wrecking things, causing other general mayhem is a load of shite and is beginning to wear very thin.

I was in San Antonio during the summer and saw none of this, I think it stems from the fact that the West End has such a large concentration of cheap pubs, clubs and disco-bars in such a small area. Henceforth a lot more people will be in the general vicinity at any one time than anywhere around Playa d'en Bossa. Also, holidays to San Antonio are usually cheaper than those to Playa d'en Bossa, so it attracts a younger crowd trying to save a few pounds on their holiday. Although I must admit that you do get the odd pillock trying to start a bit of bother with the drink in him, this goes on anywhere and is not exclusive to San An.

I also admit that Space is a lovely club with something for everyone, and that Bora Bora is unmatched for its experience anywhere on the island. I stayed in PdB in 1999, and had a real good time, and I would tend to agree with Barbie that its up to each person what they prefer.

But the comments that people keep making about San An being a dirty place full of louts is, for the most part, largely inaccurate. Thankyou.

I think I'll get off my soapbox now! :lol:

thescorpion said:
Can I just say that this stereotype that San Antonio is full of guys walkin around with beer bottles, starting fights, being sick, making lewd remarks to girls, wearing football tops, shouting, wrecking things, causing other general mayhem is a load of sh*te and is beginning to wear very thin.

Like I said, as a bloke you might not have a problem with it. A girl my boyfriend works with stayed in San An this year and her holiday was ruined by blokes giving her and her mate hassle all the time when they just wanted to be left alone.

You don't get anywhere near so much hassle in PDB.

Oh and Barbie, I agree with you about Passion. Mmmm Orio cookie milkshake.

kitten's head said:
Like I said, as a bloke you might not have a problem with it. A girl my boyfriend works with stayed in San An this year and her holiday was ruined by blokes giving her and her mate hassle all the time when they just wanted to be left alone.

You don't get anywhere near so much hassle in PDB.

Oh and Barbie, I agree with you about Passion. Mmmm Orio cookie milkshake.

Agree Kitten, I don't actually feel safe walking round San An on my own and the number of unwanted attention Tom has had to fend off for me in San An is unbelievable. I find people staying in PDB a lot friendlier and they'll talk to you but just to talk to you, not to try and pull you or leer all over you.

Mmmmmm what I would do for a Passion smoothie and breakfast now :D

again that depends on which places in san an you go!
Ive never had trouble walking in San An, just in the west end area where idiots try and ripp off your top - but then again I never go there, so San An isnt really unsafe to me.

Ibiza-girlie said:
again that depends on which places in san an you go!
Ive never had trouble walking in San An, just in the west end area where idiots try and ripp off your top - but then again I never go there, so San An isnt really unsafe to me.

I've never been to the West End, I think I have walked thru it a couple of times in the daytime to get to Coastline or Mambos or wherever but never at night, even in the daytime I have encountered blokes hanging off hotel balconies round Mambos etc shouting and being generally abusive.

Obviously not everyone who stays in San An has that mentality but as someone on this topic said earlier, I think cos holidays in San An are cheaper you are going to get a younger crowd some of who are on their first holiday with their mates or whatever and it goes to their heads :rolleyes:

If San Antonio didn't have the west end, it'd be a far nicer place.

However, I'd still rather stay in PDB for the points I mentioned above.

I liked staying in PDB and agree with most of the points already made in favor of it instead of San An, especially the fact that it is near to Ibiza Town and of course for Bora Bora!

Back