impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Ibiza Rocks opening yesterday ⚡

Honestly, the vibe was amazing, but it really annoys me seeing tourists arguing with security/ hotel staff about dancing when the police are literally walking around 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

The day went great. Was great to see some of the team again, Patrick Nazemi was on point and Nathan Dawe and his group were really working the crowd.

Though I did have to endure ‘Southgate you’re the one’ TWICE
Fantastic! Great review, see you next week!

We arrived on Saturday (Cala de Bou) and have found taxis to be really hit and miss. We were planning to go to Ibiza town last night but people who had ordered a taxi before us had been waiting 50mins already and we had no joy trying to hail one on the street so stayed local. Wasn’t an issue last night but could be when we have bookings, eg Pikes next week…

We arrived on Saturday (Cala de Bou) and have found taxis to be really hit and miss. We were planning to go to Ibiza town last night but people who had ordered a taxi before us had been waiting 50mins already and we had no joy trying to hail one on the street so stayed local. Wasn’t an issue last night but could be when we have bookings, eg Pikes next week…

My group of 10 really struggled getting 3 taxis to our villa near airport, to the extent that the people left behind would get tired of waiting and just call it quits.

My experience:

Taxi 1: 5-10 minutes
Taxi 2: 30-60 minutes
Taxi 3: who?

Get the Taxi Click app. It's not very good but might help your chances of getting a taxi

obviously not ideal, but I think i'd be inclined to get a water taxi from outside Amare across the Bay and then get a cab from the the taxi rank at the bottom of the West End if that's an option? Amare rooftop also a great shout for pre-drinks

Tantra is open tomorrow if it isn't already

(bit of a feelgood story in regional press. No idea what he plays, anybody know if he's any good?)

I have questions.

Tantra as one of Ibiza's biggest clubs!

"Janner" is this part of his name? Is it a place?

I have questions.

Tantra as one of Ibiza's biggest clubs!

"Janner" is this part of his name? Is it a place?
I think there is a lot of artistic license along with a reporter who doesn't really know much about Ibiza!

Not sure about Janner though. Perhaps a local term to South-West? His facebook profile name is John Sean Paul

Ibiza 2021 is an emotional roller coaster so far.

Some reports saying its great, some reports saying taxis are a joke and places booked out

Reports of going back to Amber and red

My wee head cani take it

I just want to lose myself on a dance floor 😭

But I will happy accept sit down drinks and vibes / hotel pool drinks

Some reports saying its great, some reports saying taxis are a joke and places booked out

My wee head cani take it

It's great if:

a) you're staying somewhere walkable to where you need to go
b) you plan for it being amber

On the San Antonio side there's loads of places to have chilled drinks, vibes etc... Wikiwoo, O Beach, Plastik, Mambos, Mint, Cafe Del Mar, Bambuku, Tulp, Baybar, Ibiza Rocks, Itaca etc and then there's places opening up in Bossa. Bora Bora Beach Club and Ushuaia Tower had a nice vibe when I passed through there.

It's better than being in the UK for sure

It's great if:

a) you're staying somewhere walkable to where you need to go
b) you plan for it being amber

On the San Antonio side there's loads of places to have chilled drinks, vibes etc... Wikiwoo, O Beach, Plastik, Mambos, Mint, Cafe Del Mar, Bambuku, Tulp, Baybar, Ibiza Rocks, Itaca etc and then there's places opening up in Bossa. Bora Bora Beach Club and Ushuaia Tower had a nice vibe when I passed through there.

It's better than being in the UK for sure
Aye il be in San an, and I'm fully vaccinated.
But some of our group aren't and arnt really keen on getting it.

Guys and girls.
I'm flying Wednesday 21 July and staying at Ibiza Rocks, with the plan for a pool party Thursday 22. Problem is we need a party that evening until 2am, which I hear is the curfew. Any ideas?
Also it's me and my gf. Would be keen to get together if anyone else is.

Guys and girls.
I'm flying Wednesday 21 July and staying at Ibiza Rocks, with the plan for a pool party Thursday 22. Problem is we need a party that evening until 2am, which I hear is the curfew. Any ideas?
Also it's me and my gf. Would be keen to get together if anyone else is.

There is no curfew (right now) and there arent any (legal) parties. Rocks have Nathan Dawe on a Thursday but you have to reserve your table/bed beforehand. Doesn’t matter if you’re a hotel guest or not - without a reservation you won’t get down to the event.

Bars have to close at 2am so you could always book a table somewhere after? Itaca, Linekers?

My wee head cani take it

I wouldn’t be put off by my slight gripe about taxis, it’s definitely still great!
And fwiw the following night we got a taxi straight away and likewise on the way back from Ibiza town

There is no curfew (right now) and there arent any (legal) parties. Rocks have Nathan Dawe on a Thursday but you have to reserve your table/bed beforehand. Doesn’t matter if you’re a hotel guest or not - without a reservation you won’t get down to the event.

Bars have to close at 2am so you could always book a table somewhere after? Itaca, Linekers?
Is the curfew coming back into play? Friends are over in Majorca and they’ve heard that rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back