impressions & observations from ibiza 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a solution, just as slow and not possible to book for three at once
Numbers here recommended by Spotlight: https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/info/tips_taxi_fares_i.htm

Taxis in Ibiza are in my experience often slow to arrive, particularly if you’re not in the centre of somewhere, as they tend to stick to the ranks when waiting for a fare, and obviously no Uber to call upon. If there’s a group of you, maybe just 3 of you install the app and book separately?

Last edited:
I know I am actually getting frustrated now!

Amnesia Croatia happening at the moment and can't even dance
There's even Greece too. Sven announced a residency in Mykonos I think and Tale of Us are playing there. These other rave locales who we've talked about in the past are putting the hurt on Ibiza.

Obviously you need to take into account the football effect and the fact we were 12+ strong ourselves, but Bossa that little bit busier again than earlier this week last night

Went on a little bar hop last night. Don't expect miracles right now, but there's a few early signs of potential. BOHO who did parties at Alma Beach last year have moved to Thursdays at Beachouse and that was really very busy, lots of attention to detail with the entertainment and the music was loud enough imho. You will need to book a table, so expect minimum spend I assume. They will not let you simply go in for a drink

Murphy's was relatively busy last night, but also really busy last Tuesday after the football. Maybe the pole dancer had something to do with it, eh?

Finally, Baloo is a new bar that uses some of the large space that Sissi's Asador had. Actually very busy and again, DJ playing fairly loud music, vocal Ibiza house. A few classics, not too cheesy, but not underground music. Got the vibe just right. The bar looks really nice, clearly a lot of investment. There's a jungle theme, lots of crochet and a cubanito style bar. Guess you could say a bit "Tulum". €3 caña pretty reasonable (for Bossa) - and it was my fav Estrella de Levante! Other guys inside went all out with magnum vodka. Didn't see a price list for those.

Other than the above, Playa den Bossa is still quiet. Tantra is not open yet, Dunes had a handful of people inside. Same for Moma.

Before it became Baloo last year, this place was called New Garden, it was my favorite bar for about 20 years and I'm very good friend with the previous owner... So many amazing memories there... I even played at New Garden many times:

I'm wondering what kind of changes they did? I always thought that this location deserved more crowd as it is such a nice open-air bar, perfectly located close to the parking...

I will check by myself in 2 weeks from now ;-)

The pleasant surprise of the day, not only that O Beach was busy (all beds sold), but it was a really good vibe in there: people in the pool, lots of smiling, happy people, nice production, babes in bikinis & hunks in trunks

Probably not really the right audience on here, and not overly my scene either, but it was a real pick-me-up to see how close to normality it was

How strict are they on drug searches and use there?

We are going tomorrow because my group wants to

one observation of mine was that my cellular reported news on Ibiza. I think this is because it has cookies from our forum (internet-cookies for anyone who wondered what in the world cookies were doing on my cellular... of course everyone knows what cookies are in this context... anyway)

And the news? That Ibiza was open to travelers specifically from England!

I honestly didn't know it as such an English thing. When I heard of Ibiza first it was 2000 or so. I heard it from a friend of mine who had plans to go with a group of ravers (we were new ravers then) and the group was from a different high school; but we had all already graduated - they were just members of a different sub-culture really... I was more a hippie-ish guy. They were jock-ish by comparison I thought... Maybe jock-ish isn't the right wording. But they were a different style of party-goer than I was - I guess because I was so into drugs.

Anyway, yeah... ENGLAND! :D WOOOOO!

Obviously you need to take into account the football effect and the fact we were 12+ strong ourselves, but Bossa that little bit busier again than earlier this week last night

I concur. we walked over from pdb to figueretas and back this evening and the place is really coming alive now. most of the terraces busy, some places completely fully booked, lots of folk on the promenade.

finally!! 😎

I returned home yesterday after 2 weeks on Ibiza. I agree with the above posts that Ibiza is now coming alive again. My impression however is that it's mainly the mid and the more expensive parts of the tourist sector that are picking up. A lot of the cheap, run down places didn't look like they were opening any time soon. Also, no all-night tattoo parlours had opened. San An was really quite civilized.

But the summer has barely begun.

am just back from ibiza town. beautiful atmosphere, the place is buzzing, no more masks anywhere, this is almost the ibiza town I remember from the olden days!

(see our insta stories if you're curious)

The spotlight insta page ?

am just back from ibiza town. beautiful atmosphere, the place is buzzing, no more masks anywhere, this is almost the ibiza town I remember from the olden days!

(see our insta stories if you're curious)
That's awesome. Happy to read that. So I was wondering...with Ibiza getting busier every day, restaurants booked out, people everywhere having fun and raving about the amazing atmosphere on the island, do you think this actually hurts chances of reopening nightlife for this season? I mean it's not like the Balearic Gov in Palma is really pushing things into either direction and rather staying put, right? I know you make a living working in the industry but do you agree with people saying the 2021 season could be a game changer for Ibiza?

That's awesome. Happy to read that. So I was wondering...with Ibiza getting busier every day, restaurants booked out, people everywhere having fun and raving about the amazing atmosphere on the island, do you think this actually hurts chances of reopening nightlife for this season? I mean it's not like the Balearic Gov in Palma is really pushing things into either direction and rather staying put, right? I know you make a living working in the industry but do you agree with people saying the 2021 season could be a game changer for Ibiza?

the thing is, we need both. that's the crucial thing. first and foremost we do need the 'normal' tourism. which is back now in good numbers, with a great vibe - not like last summer which felt strange from A to Z. and because we can't afford to lose that part of tourism, I also understand why ocio de ibiza from the beginning said they wanna start up nightlife very carefully. because as we've seen over in mallorca, if you don't do things carefully, things can go wrong very quickly and could jeopardize normal tourism.

on the other hand, ibiza needs its nightlife. after years of trying to push 'other formats of tourism', in the past months even the island's council has admitted the nightlife is an important bit of what makes ibiza what it is - in the past 20 years I've never heard anyone from the authorities being so adamant about that. and while the balearic gov't over in palma might not be so adamant be about that, they also know. and thus, no I don't believe at all in the 'game changer' thing. it is simply a matter of time until the nightlife will be back.

the thing is, we need both. that's the crucial thing. first and foremost we do need the 'normal' tourism. which is back now in good numbers, with a great vibe - not like last summer which felt strange from A to Z. and because we can't afford to lose that part of tourism, I also understand why ocio de ibiza from the beginning said they wanna start up nightlife very carefully. because as we've seen over in mallorca, if you don't do things carefully, things can go wrong very quickly and could jeopardize normal tourism.

on the other hand, ibiza needs its nightlife. after years of trying to push 'other formats of tourism', in the past months even the island's council has admitted the nightlife is an important bit of what makes ibiza what it is - in the past 20 years I've never heard anyone from the authorities being so adamant about that. and while the balearic gov't over in palma might not be so adamant be about that, they also know. and thus, no I don't believe at all in the 'game changer' thing. it is simply a matter of time until the nightlife will be back.
Appreciate the reply and I obviously agree with most of it. Don't agree with the incidents in Mallorca being used as an argument to slow efforts reopening nightlife. That was an isolated event with over 5000 estudiantes coming untested from spanish high risk areas and going absolutely crazy for 6 straight days. Can't really compare that kind of madness to a night in a controlled environment at a say 50% cap Ushuaia/Ibiza Rocks with working safety protocols. Infection rates with foreign tourists a basically zero in Mallorca/Ibiza. It's almost mid July so obviously a bit frustrating the Balearic Gov is pushing their final decision so far towards the end of the season.
Oh, there will always be nightlife in Ibiza for sure. But I can clearly see them pushing it more into a beach club kinda thing during day and more of a laid back approach at night with more events happening a chilled locations like Destino/Cova Santa or various car parcs. Really struggle to see how huge superclubs like Amnesia or Privi are going to survive the next 3-5 years.

Appreciate the reply and I obviously agree with most of it. Don't agree with the incidents in Mallorca being used as an argument to slow efforts reopening nightlife. That was an isolated event with over 5000 estudiantes coming untested from spanish high risk areas and going absolutely crazy for 6 straight days. Can't really compare that kind of madness to a night in a controlled environment at a say 50% cap Ushuaia/Ibiza Rocks with working safety protocols. Infection rates with foreign tourists a basically zero in Mallorca/Ibiza. It's almost mid July so obviously a bit frustrating the Balearic Gov is pushing their final decision so far towards the end of the season.
Oh, there will always be nightlife in Ibiza for sure. But I can clearly see them pushing it more into a beach club kinda thing during day and more of a laid back approach at night with more events happening a chilled locations like Destino/Cova Santa or various car parcs. Really struggle to see how huge superclubs like Amnesia or Privi are going to survive the next 3-5 years.

I didn't say I agreed with the mallorca bits being used as an argument to slow reopening neither...but anyway, we are veering off topic. it's the impressions and observations thread.

Went to Ibiza Rocks opening yesterday ⚡

Honestly, the vibe was amazing, but it really annoys me seeing tourists arguing with security/ hotel staff about dancing when the police are literally walking around 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

The day went great. Was great to see some of the team again, Patrick Nazemi was on point and Nathan Dawe and his group were really working the crowd.

Though I did have to endure ‘Southgate you’re the one’ TWICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back